If Ronda isn't WMMA goat then who is?!

She is the women's goat. Nobody else makes sense. Someone will pass her eventually but she will always and eventually hold the first spot on the Mt Rushmore of wmma

Cyborg was champ at strike force and invicta and defended 3 times each. Those were the shows that had the best women's division at the time. You would have to give it to cyborg for the time being.

megu's losses came near the end of her career, 2 of those being a questionable decision (robbery tbh) and TKO/decision (eye pokes).

dunno about higher level of competition there bud, but i think if anyone is going to surpass her it could be joanna.
wont be joanna. She goes to decision a lot and she is a striker. Judging in mostly striking mma fights is all over the place Too many ways for Joanna to lose when she goes 25 every time.

I think JJ is pulling ahead of Mega Megu. Both definently ahead of RR

she is the most accomplished and has faced the most quality wins SO FAR. but nobody will admit it. imo joanna will surpass her eventually but she has a way to go.

Cyborg was champ at strike force and invicta and defended 3 times each. Those were the shows that had the best women's division at the time.
Really? Look at the records of Cyborg's opponents in the past 6 years besides Coenen when she fought them. Then look at the records of Ronda's championship opponents. Also the FW division has less than half as many fighters worldwide as BW.

This is outlandish even for a Cyborg supporter claim, the more you guys post the more you show your ignorance.

Baars came back after a long layoff and she had no problem handling Cyborg even being 15 pounds lighter in that fight.
Again, it was her third fight under a very different rule-set. Baars would get crushed if she faced Cyborg in MMA.

Really? Look at the records of Cyborg's opponents in the past 6 years besides Coenen when she fought them. Then look at the records of Ronda's championship opponents. Also the FW division has less than half as many fighters worldwide as BW.

This is outlandish even for a Cyborg supporter claim, the more you guys post the more you show your ignorance.
Gina Carano would have beaten most of the bantamweights in the UFC. She wasn't as bad a fighter as folks that have never watched her fight make out. Top 5 at least if she was still fighting.

Gina Carano would have beaten most of the bantamweights in the UFC. She wasn't as bad a fighter as folks that have never watched her fight make out. Top 5 at least if she was still fighting.
It's possible but I doubt it, maybe top 10 but I wasn't talking about Gina anyway since I said past 6 years meaning the prospects and journeywomen with 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 records.

That's like asking who is the greatest T-ball player of all time.

It's possible but I doubt it, maybe top 10 but I wasn't talking about Gina anyway since I said past 6 years meaning the prospects and journeywomen with 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 records.

The bantamweight division might be a stronger division on a whole, but it's still full of women that don't excel in anything in particular.

Leslie Smith (who has a great chin BTW) is a typical fighter in the division. There isn't really much of a discrepancy between her overall skill-set and those that Ronda has defeated.

Most of them can wrestle a bit, strike a bit and grapple a bit, but there's only about 3 that do at least one thing really well. I don't think any of them would cope with Cyborg's strength and relentless pressure.

Cyborg fights like a man.

Cyborg fights like a man.
All this is saying is that you like her style better than other (less aggressive and/or more grappling based) styles.

Also Nunes fights equally "like a man"... with cardio issues. So does Zingano.

All this is saying is that you like her style better than other (less aggressive and/or more grappling based) styles.

Also Nunes fights equally "like a man"... with cardio issues. So does Zingano.

That's not true, it's just that's she's got man like strength on top of her aggressive striking style.
Watching her fight other women almost feels wrong sometimes, but I'd sure enjoy the hell out of her pummelling Ronda.

I like JJ's style but I wouldn't necessarily bet on her in a fight vs Rousey. She's aggressive like Cyborg, but doesn't have that man strength to back it up.

Reread my post and I forgot something. Meant to say for her weight class.

Back