• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Rizin keeps this pace, it blows UFC out of the water

This would be sick. though it's starting to get frustrating when people are comparing UFC to RIZIN/PRIDE.

Rizin/PRIDE is more for an Entertainment purpose whereas the UFC (aside from all this 2016 drama) are trying to make MMA into a legit sport.

It's 2 different organizations trying to accomplish different things

Bullshit.
When they fight, they really fight.

The only reason you say this, is because Rizin is actually fun and the UFC is not. That doesn't mean they are just worried about entertainment, it just means they are doing it right and you are used to the UFC doing it wrong.

The fights are still fights.
They are actually more balanced fights since the rules and ring are not slanted towards wrestling.

Then they allow more realistic moves.

So if anything, they are more realistic than the UFC as well.

And, in 30 events, either they will be beating UFC in opinion, attendance and PPV or the UFC will have bought them.

Rizin/PRIDE is more for an Entertainment purpose whereas the UFC (aside from all this 2016 drama) are trying to make MMA into a legit sport.

LOL

cmpunk-676x450.jpg

Bullshit.
When they fight, they really fight.

The only reason you say this, is because Rizin is actually fun and the UFC is not. That doesn't mean they are just worried about entertainment, it just means they are doing it right and you are used to the UFC doing it wrong.

The fights are still fights.
They are actually more balanced fights since the rules and ring are not slanted towards wrestling.

Then they allow more realistic moves.

So if anything, they are more realistic than the UFC as well.

What is bullshit? I never said the fights weren't fights. All im saying is UFC and RIZIN are 2 completely different formats. You don't see UFC having a openweight grand prix and you don't see RIZIN having belts in each division with a ranking system.

TWO DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH DIFFERENT THINGS

What is bullshit? I never said the fights weren't fights. All im saying is UFC and RIZIN are 2 completely different formats. You don't see UFC having a openweight grand prix and you don't see RIZIN having belts in each division with a ranking system.

TWO DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH DIFFERENT THINGS

It's insulting that because you are used to the boring style of the UFC, that you are trying to degrade Rizin, simply because they know how to do this right. The fights are still fights. I kind of explained myself already.

It's insulting that because you are used to the boring style of the UFC, that you are trying to degrade Rizin, simply because they know how to do this right. The fights are still fights. I kind of explained myself already.

I don't think you get what im trying to say man...

I don't think you get what im trying to say man...

No, I know you're not trying to be insulting, but your choice of words were. It's bullshit. You don't give something a bad rep for being better.

It's like a brand new supercar comes out and you say it's more for entertainment, your car is more legit.

No, you might have better tires on your car, but the supercar is better in every other way.

It's like people condemn things for being more polished and flashy.

I apologize for my choice of wording. I didn;t have the intention of saying 1 is better than the other, but all of these threads like "Rizin > ufc" is insulting because they're both different and they're trying to accomplish different things in the world of MMA.

The best fighters are in the ufc or in other orgs. I like the idea of rizin holding openweight tournies but they need talent and that's going to to be hard to come by in 2016. This isnt pride the ufc reigns supreme.

I think it would be cool for the ufc bellator etc etc to release some lower mid tier guys to fight in this tournament. Or dudes who are on losing streaks ala rory.

Infact i thinkworking in with rizin would benefit the ufc exponentially. Give the fans some perhaps silly matches, give forgotten fighters a chance to gather some momentum, have a few freakshows etc etc. Build up resumes and all thay jazz.

Thats the thing here, rizin does not need to compete with the ufc. Work as partners.

Last edited:
Holy crap... was that some typical Japan can-feeding, record-padding fight? That kid looked scared out of his mind before the fight even started, and then was in tears after that first knockdown. He was further out of his league than CM Punk.

Kimura is a legit top 5 kickboxer in his weight class, he did look kinda scared though I thought...but he may of just been confused by KH.

I apologize for my choice of wording. I didn;t have the intention of saying 1 is better than the other, but all of these threads like "Rizin > ufc" is insulting because they're both different and they're trying to accomplish different things in the world of MMA.

Ok, but they are saying the org is better, and it is. They are not saying that the UFC is worse because it's old.

Hopefully Rizin and Bellator can be friends.

Sakakibara and Coker are life time friends and they support each other to establish something that will eventually rule the world. Proof? UFC was already sold.

MMA might get banned in North America sooner or later, but Sakakibara-Coker will prevail somehow where the martial arts are primary interests of people.

Calling a MMA promotion 'WWE' makes no sense. MMA is the same everywhere, 2 people in a cage/ring fighting under MMA rules. "A fight is a fight."

Kimura is a legit top 5 kickboxer in his weight class, he did look kinda scared though I thought...but he may of just been confused by KH.

I stand corrected -- thanks, guys. He totally looked like he didn't want to be there, even in the corner before the fight.

Hey, wanna be rich? Put a PRIDE/Rizin style show in american prime time TV. Its like UFC mixed with WWE but with nice crowds, steroids (exciting fights), but amazing 1st world production value, not shitty van living american nu metal shit

Shane McMahon where u at son?

I like Rizin rules and pageantry, unfortunately, only hardcore MMA fans enjoy Japanese aesthetics and for Rizin to dislodge the UFC they'd need the American market share, which won't happen since they don't have enough Western Fighters with big names currently nor do they have drug testing which Western sponsors need to back in addition to the NSAC rules which American sponsors ascribe to. If Rizin is truly compete, they need to readily improve their Internet streaming avenues and get their hands on 6-7 upcoming Western athletes with 1-2 prime stars to take shine off the UFC a bit. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, the Japanese insist on having their fighters perform despite their records. First things first, they should stop spending money on old glory, and use money to bring in new blood, the GSP's in the rough.

CM Punk isn't someone of interest to RIZIN. He never did a big Japan tour during his wrestling days and thus the fans aren't all that familiar with him.
He never did a big Japan tour before but to say that the Japanese aren't aware of a huge former WWE star is incorrect. I think he could do very well in either Rizin or Bellator. And that's exactly where he's going if UFC cuts him. He's not going to be fighting inside some bingo hall in front of 90 people in Battle Creek, Michigan. Not gonna happen.

Back