If Pavlovich wins, what happens with HW division?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
There is Gane, then maybe Stipe and Jones, and also in that case Pavlovich ?
What will they do ?

Heavyweight is stacked now I do not see how anyone can deny that when Ngannou, Gane, Blaydes, Aspinall, Pavlovich, Tai, Jones, Stipe, Lewis, Rozen, Volkov are all active plus Romanov and Spivak. It has not been this stacked since we had Strikeforce Tournament before Fedor lost to Big Foot or when we had.

Ubereem, Werdum, TRT Big Foot, K1 Werdum, Cain, JDS, Carwin, UberMir, Lesnar sort of, Rothwell, Kongo, Browne all in the UFC at the same time

If Pavlovich wins he will not get the next shot as it is going to Jones unfairly but hopefully willing Jones losses and then Gane deserves his Rematch vs Ngannou.

If Jones really is to fight Ngannou I would match Gane up with Blaydes for the interim belt. Or alternatively save Gane for Ngannou in summer/late summer title shot. I would give Pavlovich Blaydes for a #1 contender shot in summer or April. Alternatively keep Blaydes, Gane on ice for title shots vs Ngannou and do not have them take each other out. It is better to protect these already established guys and create more hype but not having the top 3 contenders take each other out.

Last edited:
You can’t really do anything until the champ’s contract situation is resolved. If Ngannou re-signs, then Jon Jones will probably only either fight Stipe or officially retire. Stipe would probably only fight Jones since I doubt the UFC gives him another title shot.

IMO they’ll make Gane-Blaydes and Pavlovich will fight the winner.

But ya, everything depends on whether Ngannou re-signs or not.

He can beat whoever he wants it doesn’t matter unless Francis’s contract is Sorted out

Winner gets next shot at the belt after Blaydes I guess
Even if Blaydes won against Aspinall, it was obviously an underwhelming bout. But realistically the division is so shallow (not shallow, but kinda stuck due to injuries and waiting for jones and francis), he could very well have a title shot, indeed. It would also make sense to make the Gane/Blaydes fight whenever possible, but Blaydes was untouched in his last fight where Gane broke his hand, so there might be schedule problems.

They will both very probably have a title shot soon anyway. UFC have been reluctant to do that fight, probably to preserve Gane, and I think they counted on Aspinall, who has a better ground game than Ciryl, to keep Blaydes from fighting for the title (and delaying the Gane fight, but now it's kinda unavoidable). The fight that was supposed to happen for a vacant belt, interim belt, or title shot fight, was Tom/Ciryl, but Aspinall's injury looks serious and maybe career changing.

I really hope Ciryl's intensive training with Dagestani wrestlers will prove useful. He also fights something like 10-15lbs under the HW limit IIRC, which obviously helps his striking agility and footwork, but when it comes to wrestling (especially against a monster like Ngannou) I suppose it may be a disadvantage.
Should he take some mass ? I really don't know. Maybe he should focus on TDD and keep his mobility/endurance advantage.
I DKSAW but I think a bloated Gane would just get wrecked.

100% OK for the Gane/Pavlovitch fight, though.

On a side note I really think Ciryl should emancipate from MMA factory in a close future. He was taught very well there obviously, but I'd like to see him join a high end gym in the USA soon. At least loosen the grip Lopez has on his career.

Last edited:
I feel they are going to make the Jones/Ngannou, I don't think we are going to see Stipe fight again.
The way things are going and regardless of who wins that I won't expect anyone else to fight for the HW title until at least 2025.

If Pavlovich wins he should fight Gane and Blades and Lewis and Aspinall and probably like two other rising prospects that we haven't heard of yet.
By then the winner might be ready to fight.

Heavyweight is stacked now I do not see how anyone can deny that when Ngannou, Gane, Blaydes, Aspinall, Pavlovich, Tai, Jones, Stipe, Lewis, Rozen, Volkov are all active plus Romanov and Spivak. It has not been this stacked since we had Strikeforce Tournament before Fedor lost to Big Foot or when we had.

Ubereem, Werdum, TRT Big Foot, K1 Werdum, Cain, JDS, Carwin, UberMir, Lesnar sort of, Rothwell, Kongo, Browne all in the UFC at the same time

If Pavlovich wins he will not get the next shot as it is going to Jones unfairly but hopefully willing Jones losses and then Gane deserves his Rematch vs Ngannou.

If Jones really is to fight Ngannou I would match Gane up with Blaydes for the interim belt. Or alternatively save Gane for Ngannou in summer/late summer title shot. I would give Pavlovich Blaydes for a #1 contender shot in summer or April. Alternatively keep Blaydes, Gane on ice for title shots vs Ngannou and do not have them take each other out. It is better to protect these already established guys and create more hype but not having the top 3 contenders take each other out.

you comparing these bums to mma ledends with 20 year careers? 'Palm To The Face'
Let them at least do something meaningful....HW is still largely a dumpster fire, although with some new blood coming in to dillute it a bit. Some promising younger talent, but far and away from the golden era of HW

HW is not stacked. It's thin.

There are some good fighters to be sure, but like in the women's divisions the drop off between the few elite fighters and the rest is very steep.

HW is not stacked. It's thin.

There are some good fighters to be sure, but like in the women's divisions the drop off between the few elite fighters and the rest is very steep.
Yup. In my mind, you have Ngannou, Gane, Blaydes, and Aspinall, and maybe Jones and Stipe if they are ever coming back at the very top of the division.

Then below them you have the borderline elite guys like Tuivasa, Pavlovich and Volkov, maybe Jairzinho is at that level too.

Below that it's just a complete wasteland of guys who shouldn't be anywhere near the UFC.

Make Pavlovich vs Gane

Pavlovich is coming. I've got him KO'ing Gane.

Pavlovich vs Gane
This fight must happened in 2020... I think it's time in 2023

Back