If Patrick Cummins was given a full training camp, he could beat Daniel Cormier

MirByArmbar

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
04-Daniel-Cormier-vs-Patrick-Cummins-UFC-170_0637.jpg

In the first fight, Patrick Cummins was clearly not as prepared as Daniel Cormier who had just spent an entire training camp preparing for Rashad Evans. Patrick Cummins should definite signs of technical prowess as he slipped and ducked many of DC's punches and his takedown defense was surprisingly on point despite the lack of notice.

Cummins shouldn't have even taken the fight because of how much a disadvantage he was at with the lack of preparation but in addition to being a top level, world-class talent; he is also the UFC's newest 'company man'. Joining the likes of Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian.

People will now be witness to the power that was laying dormant at Starbucks for many years and it all starts with the inevitable destruction of Roger Narvaez at UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs Khabilov. Cummins record may be just a simple 4-1 (4-0 by my standard since the DC fight shouldn't really count) but he will definitely be up there with Weidman, Jones and Romero for active UFC winstreaks.

Mark my words

021614-12-UFC-Pat-Cummins-OB-PI.jpg

I actually think Pat would do worse if they fought again, if thats even possible.

Didn't know pat was on sherdog, then again Starbucks has free wifi.. No way in hell would you beat him pat.

dont underestimate the: Barista assassin DC!!

Is DC tied up and does Cummins have a baseball bat? If so, then yes, yes he would.. smh

With a full camp he may be able to last longer than he did. I don't think he has what it takes to beat DC.

Stil no match for full camp Latifi.

Serious Silva
Motivated Penn
Not-Punched-In-The-Face Barao
Full Camp Cummins

I haven't seen enough of him fight to say he'll be a top dog in the division but I wish him the best of luck. I look forward to see him fight after a full training camp.

LHW needs new blood. Cummins, Barroso, even Rumble, are not going to be champ, but they provide new match-ups and help keep the gates to ContenderLand.

Back