If Old Man Glover manages to become champ in 2021, what does that say about 205?

I still remember how easy Rumble made it look. If Rumble improved his grappling, he could have been the goat.

That the LHW division is weak and has a serious lack of strong wrestlers with good top games.

I think Glovers continued relevance is partly the result of him being one of the few good grapples in the division, the UFC kicking Bader and Davis out I think meant it was much easier to get to the top of the division without really being tested there in recent years.
Glover is one of the only good grapplers left in the UFC LHW division in terms of wrestling and top game. The rest are pretty much all in Bellator, Nemkov, Anderson, Davis and Bader.

About todays 205? Nothing.

Glover is number 1 contender based on the late 2010s when almost everyone above him left the division. Right now he is a borderline top 10 LHW counting Bellator. He is number 1 because his win streak started when the division was trash not because he's the best contender.

LHW is stacked it's best fighters are not fighting for the title yet though. Jan and Glover are left overs from the Jones/Gus/DC/Rumble/Davis/Bader era.

Jan's cool. Glover's cool. Win or lose, Old Man Texeira has a great late-career run.

Jiri etc. are also cool. There will be interesting times at the top no matter if Jan or Glover wins. LHW is fun.

Eh. UFC LHW is a division in transition.
Jan's probably only the 3rd to 5th best LHW in the world. No hate - the guy made the most of the opportunities given.
Bellator's top 3 all give him trouble, and yes, a Corey fight's a coin-flip.

‘if’

Why not wait to see how this pans out instead of grilling us this nothingburger?

it says glover is still pretty good.....it says nothing of jiri, ankalaev, rakic.

glover today would have been a threat to win a title with the right matchups pre-jones era as well.

Jan has legitimate run at LHW and removed Adesanya from the GOAT herd, for now.

If Glover beats him -- give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Depends on what he wants and if he can negotiate a better contract.
possibly. ufc has a solid track record of lowballing elite euro fighters though. we’ll see what happens i guess.

Reactions: MCS
That despite age the man with grit and determination won a championship against top level competition in his division.

Glover is a top LHW in any org.

If you think about it, both Jan and Glover are close in age. Jan is also an old man (for the sport I mean). He's on a similar, more fortunate, run than Glover. The fact that these two are fighting is actually interesting. Jan has a bit more vigor, but not much more than Glover. Seeing old man Glover just out work younger guys looked very blue color like... Experience and continued training into the older years do have its benefits provided the guy keeps his hustle and push through the wear.

Its not comedic at all. Jan is 38, Glover is 41. They’re both equally old. In fact it speaks how great they both are being able to beat young competition and getting to the position they are today.
Two wardogs that lasted decades in the sport. I have so much respect for them both, its gonna be a great fight.
Thiiiiisss

That Bellator's 205lbs is better? Cross promotion jokes aside, it says that 205lbs as a whole is a joke, they need Jones back.

The young top talent at LHW just haven't gotten their shots yet.

The reality is that Rakic, Jiri, maybe Ankalaev, and Nemkov (Sadly in Bellator) are the future of 205, all in their 20s. Some will probably end up crashing hard (my bet is Jiri ages poorly because of how much damage he is willing to take) but I wouldn't call 205 dead or stagnant or terrible yet. It's just a matter of time before one of the late 20s guys grabs the title.

It would show that Glover is the fucking man.

Haters may gobble a suitcase of dicks.

Polish power vs Old man strength.

Reactions: HHJ
Back