If Nunes beats Ronda in a impressive fashion, will she also become a huge star like Holly Holm?

its a disservice,any way you slice it,to ignore your world champion when the oppurtunity was there. Yes her personality was not interesting,but she has sweet KO footage. They are just afraid that people will look at this killer,(if promoted that way) and forget that Ronda used to be the savage. They are promoting Ronda as this woman looking for redemption and they feel it would dilute that to focus also on the other side. Its still not right though,and im huge fan of the rowdiest of competitors.

I definitely understand that. But I understand their choice of marketing too. Sure, Ronda has dominated the official promos, but Amanda has been given the chance to promote this fight and sell her brand as a champion too. She's been on FOX Sports, she's been on Power 106, she's been on FOX 11 Los Angeles etc. And I also think she was given the most attention in the countdown show as well.
But yea, most people will watch the official promos where Ronda is the key figure.

I don't think so. Ronda was undefeated and destroying everyone and at the height of her popularity when Holly took her out with a highlight real KO kick. Once a dominant, undefeated fighter loses, it isn't looked at as quite as big of an accomplishment to beat that fighter from that point on. Look at Fedor. He was beaten and people lost their minds. Since then he's lost a few more and people didn't think of it as quite as big of a deal. Same with Anderson Silva.

if he plays to her demographics

she would be huge in South America and of course with the LBGTetc.. community

Holly did great numbers on Fox but much like PVZ, I doubt that would transfer over to PPV buys.

Beating a star doesn't make you the star, see Nate. It can give you a nice boost though.

So in order to be a star in a cage fight you need to be white, american,straight and good looking.

Wth is wrong with the world?

Holly beat the girl the media had dubbed as unbeatable. Not only beat her, but dominated her and knocked her out with a beautiful head kick. The shock value isn’t there anymore.

Holm's not really a huge star so no.

Her parade in her hometown post victory.

womens-bantamweight-champion-holly-holm-takes-a-picture-with-her-picture-id500238960

There was a chance for her to be, but two loses really put a damper on it. Strange how much things change in only 12 months.

if she goes like conor and either ko ronda in a few seconds or gets brutal (t)ko, she may.

Well, she did it. Lets see how the fanbase will react and whether the ufc will help with that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back