If Ngannou can just win: all the cards will be his

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He will prove he is the greatest heavyweight on the face of the planet.

There is no one else after Gane except for Black Beast who recently lost to gain.

His contract will be extended, but Dana will let him fight Tyson Fury.

It will be a huge MMA boxing Megafight.

Fury has been calling for it.

Everyone will watch it.

Ngannou will make money, lose, and come back to the UFC.

He just has To beat Gane and all his problems are done.

giphy.gif

Then Francis wakes up to a screaming crowd while Cyril circles the Octagon with his hands raised .
Productive thread btw.
To engage with the thread though honestly I think it gets complicated if Francis wins . He wants the McGregor treatment with the UFC co promoting a boxing fight with Tyson along with Top Rank but I just don't see that happening .
If what Francis has said about his contract is true I could see a protracted battle with the UFC until they throw a decent contract at him with the caveat of no big boxing pay day .

I agree. The remaining variable will be his drawing power this fight. If he can't break 500k the ufc probably won't let their champ be absolutely embarrassed in front of millions fighting Furry. It would be one thing if he could make it competitive and draw in more casuals from a boxing match, but a squash fight would be bad for the UFC.

If Francis wins and doesn't sell big, then this story becomes very interesting.

It would be interesting if this were the plan all along and Dana has just been playing coy about not wanting to let Francis box Fury. I'm not sure why Dana wouldn't want it, especially if it can be anywhere near the deal he made in McGregor x Mayweather. If Ngannou crushes Gane, it will very interesting to read on where White looks to go with it. A cross promotional mega fight would seem the biggest money grab for all parties.

His contract is over after the fight, they can't extend it. They already extended it with the champions clause. The champions clause isn't an extension for every title defense fight, it's when they first win the title. The extension is either 1 year or 3 fights, whichever comes first. It'll be a year on March 27th. He will fulfil his original contract with this last fight. He could be a free agent if he wants to. So yes if he wins he will hold all the cards. With an anti-trust lawsuit ongoing with UFC, a contract dispute like this isn't what they want to bring attention to, especially if it's a contract that's fulfilled.

His contract is over after the fight, they can't extend it. They already extended it with the champions clause. The champions clause isn't an extension for every title defense fight, it's when they first win the title. The extension is either 1 year or 3 fights, whichever comes first. It'll be a year on March 27th. He will fulfil his original contract with this last fight. He could be a free agent if he wants to. So yes if he wins he will hold all the cards. With an anti-trust lawsuit ongoing with UFC, a contract dispute like this isn't what they want to bring attention to, especially if it's a contract that's fulfilled.
this doesn't seem right at all. You're saying anyone that wins the championship can just wait a year and be free of their contract?

Nah, Dana will play the long game. Either Ngannou can retire or fight in the UFC as the champ with no special rights.

GSP and Khabib prove that UFC can do just fine without the best fighter in the division fighting.
except gsp wasnt since hendricks beat him and khabib nobody other than tibau can say they beat him

My understanding is he can't get out if he remains champ. A lifetime contract. Look at gsp

This is all "what have you done lately" BS, the idea that you're only worth anything if you won your last fight. Why does he have to beat the next guy to secure another contract or have any of those things? He's already proven his worth as a star that people want to see. Ngannou in boxing would be a draw whether he wins or loses any future MMA fight.

The champions clause is always renewed, I've never read the source contact though but every article that I've ever seen on it, the champion's clause is always constantly renewed with each title defense.

When Could UFC’s Francis Ngannou Become A Free Agent? (forbes.com)

The champions clause is always renewed, I've never read the source contact though but every article that I've ever seen on it, the champion's clause is always constantly renewed with each title defense.

When Could UFC’s Francis Ngannou Become A Free Agent? (forbes.com)
That's far from certain. There is very little information out to rely on, and on top of that, each contract is different. There are also expiration dates to consider.

From Ngannou's team interpretation, he would ve free in december regardless of fights happening or not.

There's no way Dana lets him off the hook.

That's far from certain. There is very little information out to rely on, and on top of that, each contract is different. There are also expiration dates to consider.

From Ngannou's team interpretation, he would ve free in december regardless of fights happening or not.

If Ngannou defends, I think he'd be the only fighter to ever fight for another organization as champion retiring from UFC.
I don't think there's ever been a fighter that was champion and was able to give up their belt to fight in another organization after Pride folded and UFC monopolized a huge part of the market.

I really doubt the UFC would ever contractual allow a champion to fight for another organization.

Can you imagine a UFC champion showing up in Bellator with the belt?

Black beast already handled ngannou with so much ease it was hilarious.

If Ngannou defends, I think he'd be the only fighter to ever fight for another organization as champion retiring from UFC.
I don't think there's ever been a fighter that was champion and was able to give up their belt to fight in another organization after Pride folded and UFC monopolized a huge part of the market.

I really doubt the UFC would ever contractual allow a champion to fight for another organization.

Can you imagine a UFC champion showing up in Bellator with the belt?
It's never been done, doesn't mean it's not possible. There are limits to a contract, and a contract that one party can't get out of is certainly not legal.

He definitley needs to win this fight,but by no means are his problems over,if he does.

If Conor fought Mayweather than Francis can likely fight Fury.

Dana and company would be idiots to let/make Francis retire to let him box. They should be capitalizing on it. The UFC would make FAR more PPV and gate sales money with Francis beating -insert fighters name here- and fighting Fury then coming back for at least 1 more MMA fight than making it an either or thing.

if I were the UFC I’d move heaven and earth to negotiate a new contract with Ngannou to say “hey, if you win your next MMA fight then go ahead and fight Fury, then come back for 1
more UFC fight (with a good pay check)”. In the mean time while Francis is training boxing, crown a new interim champ and unify the belt upon his return. Let then interim champ defend it in the meantime to hype the return of Ngannou…

All of the stars were already aligned this week with Gane as interim and Francis vs Gane would be 2x bigger if Francis already fought Fury. Francis losing to Fury doesn’t mean much to the UFC same as Conor getting TKOd by Money Mayweather.

It’s a win win for all.

Last edited:
i could see guys like boser or aspinal decing him

Back