If McGregor doesn’t fight Masvidal, he’s officially a ducker

Masvidal fans are the worst since Anderson Silva fans. Picking and choosing favorable fight for their one hit wonder in lower weight classes. Pathetic.

Lol...to casual fans Masvidal is a nobody who just knocked out another nobody. Could he beat the everlovin shit out of old has-been windbag McGregor? Probably. Would the UFC ever bother wasting him in a fight against Masidwho? Never in a million years.

I agree.

I don’t like Conor but this beyond stupid.

I disagree.

For years this message board was swarming with Conor fans talking mad nonsense. People, a LOT of them, were talking about him being competitive at MW, because nobody could survive that left hand.

This is what happens.

@PeacePipe
Jon has a huge reach aswell. Zabit the same.
McGregor made 145 his whole career pretty much, guys like khabib, pettis, Holloway etc are much bigger weight bullies because they’ve missed weight. I never said Masvidal would lose.
You said McGregor fought at welterweight a “bunch” of times. Concede that you lied.

McGregor can’t cut reach lol, he’s got long arms.

Masvidal is significantly bigger than McGregor.Are you telling me when Conor was 20 he was scared of lightweight wrestlers? Your point that McGregor was scared of lightweight would only make sense if ...

1. McGregor was consistently fighting at lightweight but decided he would move down to featherweight. This is false as McGregor was fighting at featherweight pre ufc.
  2. McGregor didn’t move up
  3. McGregor had missed weight multiple times(khabib style) and had consistent bad cuts where the towel was pulled out and he was diminished.
None of those are true. McGregor is a career featherweight who now is a average sized lightweight, certain Featherweights are actually bigger than him.

I disagree.

For years this message board was swarming with Conor fans talking mad nonsense. People, a LOT of them, were talking about him being competitive at MW, because nobody could survive that left hand.

This is what happens.
That is fair enough but just because a bunch of idiots couldn't think rationally doesn't mean that we have to in return.

I do see your point though

He’s had one incredible win.

Now don’t get me wrong, i’ve been a Gamebred fan for a good while. But he’d need another couple of huge wins to gain the attention of the casual market, which is where all the money is. Tony, Khabib, Cerrone and even Nate who hasn’t fought for ages would all be significantly bigger as a potential opponent. Conor will only fight against someone who can help him make a fight huge.

Having said that the more I think about Conor and Masvidal fighting, the more I want to see it. Would be a great fight.
Unfortunately he has the casual attention already after the backstage incident and the "3 piece and a soda" line.

After following that up with the spectacular Askren KO and mocking him after the drama starved casuals are all over him and have started looking into him and found stuff like the Bisping feud.

Now they think he's a big trashtalker and the man to fill the Conor void when in reality that isn't his style at all unless provoked.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you fundamentally and in a perfect world you'd be right but in the current drama obsessed society that loves to reward whoever displays the most reprehensible behavior (again, not actually who Jorge is in general), he is very much the center of attention right now and has all the momentum.

@PeacePipe
Jon has a huge reach aswell. Zabit the same.
McGregor made 145 his whole career pretty much, guys like khabib, pettis, Holloway etc are much bigger weight bullies because they’ve missed weight. I never said Masvidal would lose.
You said McGregor fought at welterweight a “bunch” of times. Concede that you lied.

McGregor can’t cut reach lol, he’s got long arms.

Masvidal is significantly bigger than McGregor.Are you telling me when Conor was 20 he was scared of lightweight wrestlers? Your point that McGregor was scared of lightweight would only make sense if ...

1. McGregor was consistently fighting at lightweight but decided he would move down to featherweight. This is false as McGregor was fighting at featherweight pre ufc.
  2. McGregor didn’t move up
  3. McGregor had missed weight multiple times(khabib style) and had consistent bad cuts where the towel was pulled out and he was diminished.
None of those are true. McGregor is a career featherweight who now is a average sized lightweight, certain Featherweights are actually bigger than him.
You can believe all the hype and all his bullshit, but the facts are that he used his gigantic size advantage to make up for his weakness in wrestling. That's the reason he was able to nullify Mendes wrestling was not on technique, but because he was so much bigger he could power out of the scrambles. Against Khabib, we all saw what happened, he couldn't get up, and he lost his power from burning out his arms and then was useless and tapped out. There is no reason any man would cut 30lb instead of 20lb other than he tbought he would need the extra size, and that's what Mcgregor did.

Manny Pacquiao puts rocks in his pockets in his boxing debut to make weight, BJ Penn fought Machida at LHW, Fedor against super HW, Anderson SIlva at LHW, GSP at MW. All these guys were so confident in their skill sets they did not give a fook

RDA, Whittaker, Gastelum, Pettis, Chiesa, have all moved up in weight, they give no fucks. Are you saying Mcgregor is too small for WW even though RDA and Pettis are smaller than him but they are not too small?

Cmon now, argue with integrity. Your boy is a scared little cuck who is going to choose Cerrone or someone else who is nearly 40 who won't take him down, he is not a true champion, he is brand ambassador

Look at his resume, the only LWs he fought are a Alvarez, and Khabib, one mauled him, one he knocked the fook out. Would he choose a match up like Masvidal where he can get held down and then be forced to tap like a girl again? Because he will tap again.

If Jorge doesn't fight Edwards, he's officially a ducker

Back