If khamzat struggled to takedown former 155er in Burns..

Khamzat fans are a strange bunch man. All logic goes out the window with them when discussing his fights. The Burns fight gives them a collective aneurysm.

One moment: Khamzat is unstoppable. No weaknesses. Future 3-weight champ.
The next: He diDn'T wAnt to Go to thE GrounD wiTh a LighTwEigHt BecauSe his BBJ is ToO GooD !

Khamzat fanatics are the best.

Anyone that doesn't think it will be hard for him to take down Costa is lying to themselves. Not saying its not possible but Khamzat could get beat up in this fight

His stand up isn't great, just comes forward recklessly. Costa hits hard, is tough and can counter too. Wouldn't be shocked if Khamzat lost
I don't think he struggled he was just scared of his bjj

Khamzat fans are a strange bunch man. All logic goes out the window with them when discussing his fights. The Burns fight gives them a collective aneurysm.
Naa Khamzat haters are the weirdest. He got thrown into the deep end of the divison against Burns and proved he more than belonged there but because he faced some adversity, which is inevitable in this sport, people have tried to spin the narrative into him not being that good. Sitting out for a year was a questionable decision but the guy is still one of the best prospects in the sport currently.

Been a minute since I watched that fight but I remember him not even trying any td’s. Dude just wanted to bang that fight. Costa hasn’t looked great lately. He fought a guy with no chin that was completely gassed out and couldn’t put him away.

I’m calling it now. Khamzat walks through costa and makes it look easy.
Even pro fighters are saying how Rockhold doesn’t have a chin

<{you!}>

I think that the ”Rockhold’s fine china chin” has been joked about so much that it’s become a whole another thing.

The guy fought a lot of killers and did fine. He got caught against Bisping with a sharp left hook and relentless follow up, smashed by Romero who can hit like a truck and blown away by the (now) former LHW champ after moving up a weight class.

His chin isn’t as big of a problem. His style had it’s problems and his defense isn’t good. Yeah yeah Mike Perry TKO’d him in bare knuckle, but isn’t that exactly the style that doesn’t fit Rockhold at all? He wasn’t even KO’d, his teeth were knocked loose and he gave up

<{cuts}>

I have no idea if Khamzat can dominate Costa with wrestling or if Costa’s scrambling, strength and BJJ is enough to keep it standing. Standing I’ll give it to Costa. He’s shown he can take a punch and has good hands and kicks. He goes to the body, too, and I like to see that!

Both are right.
Khamzat could take Burns down.
But his first attempt was a lot of energy and it took him long.

I don’t find Khamzat special against the cage. I don’t think his takedowns against the cage are great. He relies on strength against the cage.
He doesn’t use weight balance to try to take the balance away from his opponent. He simply tries to lift them with full force.
This is not an approach of a champion.
A champion has energy management for a fight. You can’t overwhelm every opponent in the first round with force. This doesn’t work in the long run.
He should focus on level change in the middle of the octagon. he is fast in level changing for one leg or double leg.
He should focus on that.
If Costa and Chimaev start early in the fight against the cage for an attempt of a takedown. Costa will win the fight.
Khamzat will burn his energy and will loose his speed. Only speed can help Khamzat in this fight.
Slow Khamzat and slow Costa is in the advantage of Cost.

I’m very curious what the gameplan of Khamzat is.
Can he be disciplined or will he burn his energy at the first takedown attempt against the cage?

Lol, too bad this fight is so far away.

Hopefully it really happens because both fighters have so many haters in here that the PBP thread is going to be insane.

Khamzat0s issues are energy management and people with good TDD. If costa is smart he'll train TDD a lot against him and if the fight goes longer the more costa has a better chance.

Costa is too narcissistic, he takes the wrong steroids and bulks too much.
That's why he gasses, that's why he probably will lose this fight.
I could be wrong, but we all know, that he shouldn't cut as much and train more for speed, less for mass.

As much as I don’t like Kanzhat, Costa has looked pretty mediocre for quite sometime. I want Chin to lose as bad as anyone else that is tired of his shtick but Costa? Lol ok I guess<6>

One moment: Khamzat is unstoppable. No weaknesses. Future 3-weight champ.
The next: He diDn'T wAnt to Go to thE GrounD wiTh a LighTwEigHt BecauSe his BBJ is ToO GooD !

Khamzat fanatics are the best.

Virtually every great fighter avoids fighting guys where they’re strongest. This isn’t even an insult. Although I noticed you threw in the misnomer of Burns being a LW.

Anyone that doesn't think it will be hard for him to take down Costa is lying to themselves. Not saying its not possible but Khamzat could get beat up in this fight

His stand up isn't great, just comes forward recklessly. Costa hits hard, is tough and can counter too. Wouldn't be shocked if Khamzat lost

Struggled? you mean the same Burns that was getting drag around?

i don’t think hazmat is the unstoppable force he’s hyped to be, but costa isn’t a particularly dangerous fight for him.

Neither dude has fought in over a year, I'm thinking whoever handles cage rust and their nerves best wins. I could see both adrenaline dumping and the fight turning really sloppy.

And DuPlesis was strugling against Till, past prime Brunson. Still Burns is a well rounded top WW

Costa is a gatekeeper, and Khamzat needs to pass an exam in his new weightclass.
Good booking.

Do you ever get anything right? Khamzat will thrash Costa.
I’m betting on Costa. Guess we will agree to disagree. Also I’m up overall on MMA betting so I guess I do get some things right. I will post slip as always before the fight.

Costa is strong AF and is trained in tdd its not going to be easy getting him down. Costa hits harder also with considerably better striking. Costa is not the greatest match up for Khaz . Neither has any sort of great gas tank.

Khaz best option is to just blitz him from the first bell and swarm take downs .

Been a minute since I watched that fight but I remember him not even trying any td’s. Dude just wanted to bang that fight. Costa hasn’t looked great lately. He fought a guy with no chin that was completely gassed out and couldn’t put him away.

I’m calling it now. Khamzat walks through costa and makes it look easy.
He tried many times. He is a sprint wrestler and after not being able to take the back of burns in the first minute, his wrestling became significantly less effective.

Back