• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Khabib is a legit GOAT candidate, Usman is a lock in the P4P all-time top10, right?

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Khabib is discussed as GOAT and most common pick for 7th (below Silva, Jones, GSP, Fedor, Aldo and DJ), we should assume Usman is at least 10th in that same list right?

> Both barely lost a round in 15 fights in UFC or so.

> Both finished their 3 tittle challengers

> Both had similar credentials pre-championship run in MMA. Usman had arguably the better Ws and took the belt from a legit champ, unlike Khabib.

So what places Nurmagomedov so above Usman. Kamarun's loss in his 2nd pro fight?

Usman gonna write a whole new chapter if he hangs round for a spell.

Yvx6u0C.gif

Usman is above Khabib IMO, beat much better fighters. Who is Khabib's best win? Poirier? A washed out 2 year retired Conor? Michael Johnson? Barboza? These all were featherweights. Khabib was incredibly dominant but needed another title and to beat much better fighters for much longer a time to be considered GOAT. Heck, even Conor fought better wrestlers than Khabib fought in Chad and Eddie - Justin got Hendonitis and forgot how to wrestle.

I just do not buy if you retire before things get interesting for the sake of your records cleanliness that you are GOAT. Losses are excusable and only simps can not factor those in or differentiate prime from post prime years. Just look at boxing, pretty much everyone acknowledges Sugar Ray Robinson is better than Joe Calzaghe tho he had an undefeated record ---- when recency bias wears off, history does not look favorably upon guys that took the easy route and ducked out in their prime or before it.

Last edited:
What is top 10 p4p anyways? Is it the same as top 10 all time greats? Shit gets confusing sometimes.

Usman is above Khabib IMO, beat much better fighters. Who is Khabib's best win? Poirier? A washed out 2 year retired Conor? Michael Johnson? Barboza? These all were featherweights. Khabib was incredibly dominant but needed another title and to beat much better fighters for much longer a time to be considered GOAT. Heck, even Conor fought better wrestlers than Khabib fought in Chad and Eddie - Justin got Hendonitis and forgot how to wrestle.

I just do not buy if you retire before things get interesting fr the sake of your records cleanliness that you are GOAT. Losses are excusable and only simps can not factor those in or differentiate prime from post prime years. Just look at boxing, pretty much everyone acknowledges Sugar Ray Robinson is better than Joe Calzaghe tho he had an undefeated record ---- when recency bias wears off, history does not look favorably upon guys that took the easy route and ducked out in their prime or before it.
Usman’s resumè is shit compared to khabib.

Porier is a better fighter than everyone Usman faced and its not even close…

before facing khabib this was his streak:
Pettis- former lw champ
Holloway- then current FW champ moved up
Justin- a destroyer machine who came an undefeated champ of pfl, ko’d a top 10 ranker in his debut and proceeded to ko barboza, Cerrone, and vick all in the first round.
Eddie Alvarez- former lw champ

Khabib finishing him was more impressive than anything usman did.

LW has been the most stacked weight class for. While. Usman’s recent title defences have been against rejects from LW. Gilbert Burns was ko’d by dan hooker ffs.

Khabib is top3-top5 and Usman is at the very end of top10

GSP
Jones
Khabib
Anderson
DC
Stipe/ Fedor
DJ
Cejudo
Usman

Khabibs best win is Dustin Poirier, who is arguably the uncrowned champ of lightweight.

Usman just beat a guy who didn’t deserve either title shot received against him. Let’s not spin this like Usman is dominating multiple legitimate contenders here.
Colby and Gilbert are legit however.

What is top 10 p4p anyways? Is it the same as top 10 all time greats? Shit gets confusing sometimes.
I am guessing GOAT can be classified by WC (i.e. GOAT HW is Fedor, GOAT LHW is Jon, MW is SIlva, WW, GSP, etc).
P4P is who is better (if they were all in the same weight class).

Usman’s resumè is shit compared to khabib.

Porier is a better fighter than everyone Usman faced and its not even close…

before facing khabib this was his streak:
Pettis- former lw champ
Holloway- then current FW champ moved up
Justin- a destroyer machine who came an undefeated champ of pfl, ko’d a top 10 ranker in his debut and proceeded to ko barboza, Cerrone, and vick all in the first round.
Eddie Alvarez- former lw champ

Khabib finishing him was more impressive than anything usman did.

LW has been the most stacked weight class for. While. Usman’s recent title defences have been against rejects from LW. Gilbert Burns was ko’d by dan hooker ffs.

Disagree. I think Colby is alot better than Poirier, so was champion Woodley - when Usman beat him, many thought Woodley was the best WW ever. Pettis was totally washed when DP fought him. Holloway is featherweight, had some health scares prior to this and not the same fighter as he once was. Gaethje also got beat by Eddie in just as much a war before he changed his style up, and people around here think Eddie sucks - when Conor destroys him "Does not count", but when DP beats him "amazing win".....he also had a NC vs Poirier in which he put him out, not to mention was KTFO'd by Michael Johnson.

Like many of Ali's fighters, they are sheltered and given favorable cherry picked match ups. Khabib is phenomenal, truly the most dominant fighter I have seen at such a high level, but to build legacy making GOAT and P4P arguments you have to hang around longer, beat larger men, fight at your natty weight, fight past your prime and really push yourself. If you are a lightweight and that dominant, it is more a case of you being unwilling to push yourself as much as it is you being just that dominant. If Khabib were to go and beat Usman and Colby, i would move him top 5 in my GOAT argument, even if he took some losses in there. A guy like Igor is shorter than Khabib and about the same weight, but he racked up 33 straight wins at heavyweight and beat the #1 ranked HW in the world.

Maybe I am old school, but that is just my criteria, and accept we all have different criteria. No one can deny tho that recency bias plays a huge role in hoe we evaluate these arguments, and the more time goes by the more it wears off. In tens years from now, Khabib's 3 title defenses at LW will not look as great as they did in the heat of the moment.

GTFO Khabib > Anderson, Aldo or Fedor
That is not as controversial as you make it out to be, in my opinion.

Not long ago i made a thread about Also vs Khabib comparisons and i have yet to hear which convinces me that one of them *has to be* in front of the other.

This includes Silva and Fedor as well, though - if all fighters that ever competed in MMA were the same size - Silva would have far more really bad match ups than the other guys i have mentioned here.

That is not as controversial as you make it out to be, in my opinion.

Not long ago i made a thread about Also vs Khabib comparisons and i have yet to hear which convinces me that one of them *has to be* in front of the other.

This includes Silva and Fedor as well, though - if all fighters that ever competed in MMA were the same size - Silva would have far more really bad match ups than the other guys i have mentioned here.

I didnt understand your last sentence but if it means what I thnk it mean its the most idiot take I've ever heard in a very long time.

Khabib has simply not put himself in line at the highest level even close as much as Aldo, Fedor, Jones or GSP. Simple as that. It's not enough with the potential, in this or any other sport.

On the other hand, pretending that Khabib has a case above them but not above Georges is the typical dishnesty of GSP fanboys in these boards nothing more.

False equivalency becomes you friend. LOL started the goalposts with Khabib @ 7. HAHAHAH. Your moms might be 8 if Beebs is 7 - if we're just making shit up why not, amirite?

"Both finished their 3 tittle challengers"

LMFAO. Usman decisioned Jorge @ 251. Then he beat the same Journeyman again.

I agree, if you let Jorge fight Nate Diaz the next 15 fights it will look like an awesome win b/c he'll be coming off a 15 fight win streak.

Khabib finished 3 universally ranked top 10 P4P fighters in his 3 defenses.

I'll give you half a weed brownie point for your effort. Only b/c in the time it took you to put down the pipe and type up this shit excuse for a post you could have had another few hits instead.

Feels bad, no?

If Khabib is discussed as GOAT and most common pick for 7th (below Silva, Jones, GSP, Fedor, Aldo and DJ), we should assume Usman is at least 10th in that same list right?

> Both had similar credentials pre-championship run in MMA. Usman had arguably the better Ws and took the belt from a legit champ, unlike Khabib.

So what places Nurmagomedov so above Usman. Kamarun's loss in his 2nd pro fight?

Back