If judges gave 10-8 & 10-7 rounds more freely, how would you score the fight?

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a 10-9 was very close and a 10-8 was a clear round and 10-7 was a dominant one ...........

How would you score AS/MB?

Me:
1: 10-8 Bisping
2: 10-8 Bisping
3. 10-8 Silva
4. 10-9 Bisping
5: 10-8 Silva

Bisping 46-45

Silva's knee came at the end of the rd. If he had another 30-60 secs to dominate, it might be different

Sorry, forgot to add that this was in response to all the post that said scoring should differ from standard 10-9

If Silva were to get a 10-8 just for knocking Bisping down on the ground with the flying knee.

Then Bisping gets a 10-8 in Round 1 for knocking Silva on the ground and ground and pounding him.

If Silva got a 10-8 just for knocking Bisping down on the ground.

Then why not give Bisping a 10-8 in Round 1 for knocking Silva on the ground and ground and pounding him?

Same shit.

???

there were no 10-8's in that fight
I agree, but honestly Silva was so inactive at times that if anyone was gonna get on it would have been Bisping.

Bisping was winning round 3 until the flying knee, great knee but not enough to swing it into a 10-8.

If Silva were to get a 10-8 just for knocking Bisping down on the ground with the flying knee.

Then Bisping gets a 10-8 in Round 1 for knocking Silva on the ground and ground and pounding him.

10-7 coz he also dominated the round.

I agree, but honestly Silva was so inactive at times that if anyone was gonna get on it would have been Bisping.

Bisping was winning round 3 until the flying knee, great knee but not enough to swing it into a 10-8.

There were no 10-8's the way judges score now.
My point was if they loosened the scoring more.
I read so many post that said that the scoring was to blame for Silva loosing and Silva dominated more in his rounds than Bisping, etc.

The same as It is currently scored. All 10 - 9 rounds. 3 rounds to 2 for Bisping.

The only round in the fight that was arguably 10-8 was the 3rd. In that case, I would have scored the fight a draw.

I agree there were no 10-8. If there were it would have been 5. But the difference in those two shots was huge. Silva put bisping out for a few seconds after his shot.

There were no 10-8's the way judges score now.
My point was if they loosened the scoring more.
I read so many post that said that the scoring was to blame for Silva loosing and Silva dominated more in his rounds than Bisping, etc.
I get that, i agree with you, I think based on what you said Bisping would still have won.

The only round in the fight that was arguably 10-8 was the 3rd. In that case, I would have scored the fight a draw.
You think 1 flying knee(as good as it was) could get a 10-8 round in a round that Silva was losing?

ridiculous. but Bisping was winning the 3rd until the last 30 seconds I thought

I get that, i agree with you, I think based on what you said Bisping would still have won.

Me too and by 1 pt as well. That was why I thought to thread it.
I don't see Silva winning even with a more loosened criteria for points

You think 1 flying knee(as good as it was) could get a 10-8 round in a round that Silva was losing?

lol, Silva wasn't losing the 3rd round. At best you could say it was even. But yeah, I think that if you rocked your opponent, knocked him out and then your opponent was saved by the bell, you could make a case for a 10-8 round in your favor.

It was pretty even until the knee dude. No way 10-8.
It's an interesting idea. I still feel in the end there'd be some mistakes.

We often see a large event like Silvas knee and confuse it with the whole rd.

It was pretty even until the knee dude. No way 10-8.
It's an interesting idea. I still feel in the end there'd be some mistakes.

We often see a large event like Silvas knee and confuse it with the whole rd.

I agree the round was more or less even until the end, but Silva pretty much finished Bisping in the end of that round. I really feel that should grant you a 10-8 round according to the rules. Unless you think a 10-8 round must be granted when dominance was displayed throughout the round, but I don't think that's what is in the rules.

I agree the round was more or less even until the end, but Silva pretty much finished Bisping in the end of that round. I really feel that should grant you a 10-8 round according to the rules. Unless you think a 10-8 round must be granted when dominance was displayed throughout the round, but I don't think that's what is in the rules.

I see what you mean. I just think that since It was even possible even score for Bisping up until then. It is a 10-9. Had that knee come in r5 I'd be happy being 10-8.

Reason I wouldn't (as the rules stand right now) give rounds like that 10-8 is because then we'd have guys just waiting around not throwing anything then just trying to land a random big shot. It sounds fun in theory but there'd be so much waiting around doing nothing.

Back