If Jon Jones were to sign with Bellator...

Jarvan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Maybe that Viacom money > Zuffa money

I think he's worried he might lost to Gus and if not Gus, to Daniel. And that will be the end of his PPV Championship fights. So he wants to negotiate more money so when he loses, he's still be getting paid a lot.

Last edited:
I would not pay to watch him fight for Bellator. I've invested lot's of money in PPV's, I'm a part of why he's rich today. He owe's it to me and many other's to sign the contract and entertain us. Without fans, no organization or it's athletes would be successful. They seem to forget that sometimes.

lol'd

some people seem to fail to understand that 100% of Zuffa money is UFC money while a really, really tiny % of Viacom money will be spend in Bellator.

some people seem to fail to understand that 100% of Zuffa money is UFC money while a really, really tiny % of Viacom money will be spend in Bellator.

Some people live their whole lives thinking they are right...

Do you have any idea how filthy rich Viacom is?

And no, 100% of Zuffa money is not UFC money.

I would not pay to watch him fight for Bellator. I've invested lot's of money in PPV's, I'm a part of why he's rich today. He owe's it to me and many other's to sign the contract and entertain us. Without fans, no organization or it's athletes would be successful. They seem to forget that sometimes.
Uh, Bellator is an organization that has fans and is trying to be successful. Do you even understand your own argument? Forget the fact that Jones and other pro-fighters don't owe you the shit stains from their toilet paper.

If he does I won't be sad. Only disappointed I wouldn't be able to watch DC smash him. Didn't realize DC had put the fear of God in him.

Uh, Bellator is an organization that has fans and is trying to be successful. Do you even understand your own argument? Forget the fact that Jones and other pro-fighters don't owe you the shit stains from their toilet paper.

I'm not against Bellator, I would be against supporting Jones if he jumped ship for a few more dollars. He does own me, it's because of me and my $50 every time he fights, that he gets paid what he does. His job is to entertain me, which he does and that's why I pay to see him and others fight.

Eliminate every fan right now from MMA, tell me what the fighters do now. They get regular jobs and there's no MMA.

p.s. this is my very first internet fight, I don't think I'll do very good. I might tap out pretty soon.

If he does he will labeled a duck from here on..

I'm not against Bellator, I would be against supporting Jones if he jumped ship for a few more dollars. He does own me, it's because of me and my $50 every time he fights, that he gets paid what he does. His job is to entertain me, which he does and that's why I pay to see him and others fight.

Eliminate every fan right now from MMA, tell me what the fighters do now. They get regular jobs and there's no MMA.

p.s. this is my very first internet fight, I don't think I'll do very good. I might tap out pretty soon.

Yes, you will tap out soon because your logic is flawed and stupid.

By your logic, if you are working, your boss owns you. If you are not, your customers owns you.

I'm glad you realised how stupid your original post was and edited it.

I think he's worried he might lost to Gus and if not Gus, to Daniel. And that will be the end of his PPV Championship fights. So he wants to negotiate more money so when he loses, he's still be getting paid a lot.

This is a template response from chapter 1 of the Idiots Guide to Fight Promotion. Same page as "hes not fighting top guys in [Affliction/Strikeforce/<insert rival promotion here>]. The best fight the best 3 times a year in the UFC."

No matter how many people the guy beats, if he tries to leave with no champions clause, tell the zombies that he's terrified of the next contender on the UFC hype machine conveyor belt. If Johnny Hendricks quits, hes afraid of Lawler. If Lawler quits, he's afraid of Matt Brown. If Brown quits, he's afraid of Woodley.

something tells me, he wouldn't be able to go there ... *cough* championship-clause *cough*

Yes, you will tap out soon because your logic is flawed and stupid.

By your logic, if you are working, your boss owns you. If you are not, your customers owns you.

Tap, tap, tap!

I'm glad you realised how stupid your original post was and edited it.

This is a template response from chapter 1 of the Idiots Guide to Fight Promotion. Same page as "hes not fighting top guys in [Affliction/Strikeforce/<insert rival promotion here>]. The best fight the best 3 times a year in the UFC."

No matter how many people the guy beats, if he tries to leave with no champions clause, tell the zombies that he's terrified of the next contender on the UFC hype machine conveyor belt. If Johnny Hendricks quits, hes afraid of Lawler. If Lawler quits, he's afraid of Matt Brown. If Brown quits, he's afraid of Woodley.

Tap, tap, tap.

I'm heading to the cat forums now.

He doesn't owe you jack shit. You pay, he fights, all square. What the fuck is up with people thinking other people owe them something?

I doubt he leaves, but if he does, what happens next is simple.

Bellator promotes they have the best P4P fighter in the world and he fights Rampage again and then Tito probably. Meanwhile UFC promotes Jones ran away because he knew he was going to get beaten by Gus and destroyed by DC.

I really doubt JJ goes anywhere. He's just posturing.

There is absolutely no chance this happens, why the hell would he throw away all the foundation work he has put in towards GOAT status.

People who think he is scared of Gus are just hopeful that he is scared of Gus.

The man is negotiating a deal that is best for him, and he deserves it.

Some people live their whole lives thinking they are right...

Do you have any idea how filthy rich Viacom is?

And no, 100% of Zuffa money is not UFC money.

enlighten me, in what other endeavours is Zuffa involved apart from the UFC?

here you have a list of shit Viacom owns:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Viacom

they didn't become owners of all that by sinking millions into lost battles like Affliction did, and how many of those things have priority over Bellator for Viacom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back