If Gus doesnt get next at title

ermac88

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who if anyone should he fight?

Im not sure DC, Rashad or Rumble would be good move to sustain his high ranking.

Should he try to avenge his loss against Phil Davis?

He shouldn't fight until he fights Jones again.

I thought you were gonna hold your breath until you turned purple.

Henderson or Patrick Cummins. You know, someone relevant.

This is the correct answer.

No its the worst answer possible. What if Jones fights Cormier and it ends weird so the UFC does a rematch? what if that leads to a rubber match? Are you really thinking it would be good for Gus to sit out for a year or more?

Daniel has had 2 lackluster fights at 205, he hasn't exactly earned his title shot. As for Gus, he deserves his rematch. He won that damn fight and that's his title as far as I'm concerned.

Gus should fight Rumble if lil Nog gets hurt...UFC will need a quick replacement and I dont think Rashad will be ready...plus hes training partners with Davis so that wont happen

Only other option may be Fejau/Bader winner on a quick turnaround.

When will mods start wastelanding these fucking threads.

no thanks, maybe they could still fight on the same card or something

Wtf is this shit? Jones is a fighter, not a matchmaker. Gus was announced as the number one contender by ufc brass, so he's who the champion needs to defend his belt against. Even in boxing champions don't get to choose their opponents. If they refuse to fight whoever the org wants them to fight, they get their belt stripped.

Champions shouldn't have the privilege top choose their opponents.

Wtf is this shit? Jones is a fighter, not a matchmaker. Gus was announced as the number one contender by ufc brass, so he's who the champion needs to defend his belt against. Even in boxing champions don't get to choose their opponents. If they refuse to fight whoever the org wants them to fight, they get their belt stripped.

Champions shouldn't have the privilege top choose their opponents.

There is no such thing as only having 1 contender, there are in fact many contenders and it's absolutely Jones or any champions right to negotiate which of the many contenders he faces next.

So you can keep bringing up your fake meaningless title, but that doesn't give him more power of the man with a REAL title.

Gus should move up to HW, where he belongs.

He's way too big for LHW.

Amidoingitrite?

Daniel has had 2 lackluster fights at 205, he hasn't exactly earned his title shot. As for Gus, he deserves his rematch. He won that damn fight and that's his title as far as I'm concerned.

Even though they may not have been top competition a one minute ko of cummins and a complete domination of Dan Henderson is hardly lacklustre.

why doesnt he call out DC, beat him, and then leave JBJ with nowhere else to turn.

because beating Cormier is far from a certainty for anyone. It would be a stupid gamble since he's going to get the next title fight, Dana is not going to back down on this one.

Even though they may not have been top competition a one minute ko of cummins and a complete domination of Dan Henderson is hardly lacklustre.

I'd completely agree if his fight with Dan had been years ago. Not when he's wearing out. He's 40 and 1-4 in his last 5 fights.

Back