If GSP does fight Khabib and defeats him does that solidify his GOAT status?

Nurmagomedov wants GSP to postpone his retirement and fight in November. If they did and GSP defeated Khabib would that solidify GSP's status as GOAT?
He is already the WW GOAT,beating Khabib is a great feature but that doesn’t change anything.
Besides its never gonna happen,the Baldbastard would never allow it.

He is already the WW GOAT,beating Khabib is a great feature but that doesn’t change anything.
Besides its never gonna happen,the Baldbastard would never allow it.

Why not?

If the majority think GSP has no chance perfect for the Baldfather, huge money making fight and GSP rides off into the sunset while Dana's new star Khabib is still undefeated.

GSP is voted #1 on the GOAT polls. Most people think GSP is GOAT. sherdoggers can cry about this all they want but most people think its GSP.
/thread

Why not?

If the majority think GSP has no chance perfect for the Baldfather, huge money making fight and GSP rides off into the sunset while Dana's new star Khabib is still undefeated.
DFW will not give Georges a chance for a last big cash out and most of all definitely doesn’t want the risk of him beating one of his “bankable” undefeated champions.
Even if Khabib gets stripped before the fight happens,the image most casuals have is that he IS the LW champion.

I like the fight,even if i think it should be Tony vs Khabib before anything else happens BUT GSP is not on Danas friends list and the Ferttitas are not around anymore to make things happen.

It would be more impressive for GSP to defeat Woodley imo

If GSP loses then he lost to 2 lightweights. And GSP fans always like to point out the losses of other goat contenders, even though they continued fighting while GSP retired at 32 years young.

Just a reminder, if Fedor or Anderson retired at the age GSP did, they would be undisputed by your rhetoric.

Interesting perspective that I never contemplate due to the fact that I LOVE the fact that fighters whom love to fight KEEP FIGHTING even when they leave their primes.

The Joe Calzaghe career path doesn’t sit well with me.

He beats Tyron. sure. Khabib does nothing for his legacy IMO. He is more skilled and way bigger than him, framewise.

Nurmagomedov wants GSP to postpone his retirement and fight in November. If they did and GSP defeated Khabib would that solidify GSP's status as GOAT?
There's nothing to solidify anymore, GSP is the goat as is.

You don't get credit for moving down in weight and beating someone.

He needs to fight Whittaker forget Khabib.

GSP is the WW goat. That won't change win or lose against Khabib.

He's in the conversation for p4p goat, and that's as far as you can realistically go in MMA.

Gsp already the goat if he beats Khabib it will be expected from him

The argument for GSP being GOAT depends on disqualifying others based on out of cage activities and conspiracies. If you need to pretend another fighters career didn't happen to be the GOAT, you ain't the GOAT.

Say what you want about the Pride fans backing Fedor they at least came at it with an argument that Fedor's streak was special and they really think he is the best fighter ever. I think the argument's stupid but they don't need to ignore the existence of other people to make it.

Jordan was a gambling addict. He's was just some good investigative reporting away from being Pete Rosed. Imagine if LeBron was the GOAT not because he's better(I think he is not the point) but because Jordan gambled on basketball games and should be DQ'd? The NCAA takes this stupid logic and pretended a USC season didn't happen cause someone gave Reggie Bush a car and a Memphis season didn't happen cause Derrick Rose cheated on a test.

WTF are you even going on about? Are you suggesting that gambling on your sport is the same as roiding?

Back