If Garry Tonon fought Arnold Allen now in MMA, who would win?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It's no random pick I choke Allen for this because 3 fights ago he submitted Mads Burnell who is one of the 3 fastest attained blackbelts in bjj history.

They both don't stop moving and jumping around so it'd make an exciting fight.

Tonnon said to Dunaher that he doesnt want to grapple in his first MMA fight because it would be too easy, so he ended up KOing an established heavy handed fighter.(only 4 months of training)

Garry is a fantastic athlete and seems to have picked up MMA striking very naturally, and he's been training it for years with an eye on MMA

Allen is an even better athlete, with way better striking (obviously) and he's good everywhere. Allen's got a natural fight IQ and mind for distance, pacing, and when to exchange in MMA that makes me think that that's too far for Tonon right now. But in a year or so I expect Tonon to have passed him, Allen go outwrestled against Burnell, and he's not catching Garry in a front choke off of a takedown.

underrated sub against mads. iv never seen mads fight but he was putting in on arnold. made a mistake though leaving his neck like that. i understand as his wrestling was winning him the fight.

nice adjustment from allen. most people mentally check out after being wrangled for 10 min or so

Arnold's still young, but he's far ahead of Tonon, in terms of development at this point.

Tonon is fighting absolute cans in ONE, Allen would fuck him up at this point.

Garry Tonon is better at bjj than the guy who got his black belt too fast. Garry is one of the best grapplers in the world.

It's no random pick I choke Allen for this because 3 fights ago he submitted Mads Burnell who is one of the 3 fastest attained blackbelts in bjj history.

They both don't stop moving and jumping around so it'd make an exciting fight.

Tonnon said to Dunaher that he doesnt want to grapple in his first MMA fight because it would be too easy, so he ended up KOing an established heavy handed fighter.(only 4 months of training)

I call Bs on only 4 months mma training from jiu jitsu, Tonon is either a legit natural who picked up the boxing easy or he was training boxing longer than he he puts on.

I watched his MMA debut and he was throwing counter check hooks and bouncing, he obviously had more than 4 months training on his boxing but he could just be a natural. I know a lot of guys who trained in boxing and still look stiff like Nate Quarry the guy looked horrible but has trained his boxing in MMA for years.

Garry isn't ready yet.

Arnold Allen will be fighting a top 15 in his next fight, he is 6-0 in the ufc.

I call Bs on only 4 months mma training from jiu jitsu, Tonon is either a legit natural who picked up the boxing easy or he was training boxing longer than he he puts on.

I watched his MMA debut and he was throwing counter check hooks and bouncing, he obviously had more than 4 months training on his boxing but he could just be a natural. I know a lot of guys who trained in boxing and still look stiff like Nate Quarry the guy looked horrible but has trained his boxing in MMA for years.
GTFOH with your out of context gibberish

You cant just say "I call Bs on" then say its possible "he could be a natural" make up your mind.

How is Nate Quarry and example of anything relevant? You literally brought up the worse example to compare to another fighter's experience ever made in the history of sherdog... Nate never competed in sports until the age of 24... not in high school, nor in kindergarten.

Also, you knowing a bunch of guys who train for fun at your local MMA looking like crap also means nothing.
Also, not all boxing gyms teach you to bounce around consistently all the fight.

I don't know Danaher personally so I can't say if he's lying to hype, but never seemed like a guy who needs to do so. It's not like Tonon is his biggest prize superstar or something like cus with tyson or freddie and pac. He's not even his main grappling coach. I see no motive here.

GTFOH with your out of context gibberish

You cant just say "I call Bs on" then say its possible "he could be a natural" make up your mind.

How is Nate Quarry and example of anything relevant? You literally brought up the worse example to compare to another fighter's experience ever made in the history of sherdog... Nate never competed in sports until the age of 24... not in high school, nor in kindergarten.

Also, you knowing a bunch of guys who train for fun at your local MMA looking like crap also means nothing.
Also, not all boxing gyms teach you to bounce around consistently all the fight.

I don't know Danaher personally so I can't say if he's lying to hype, but never seemed like a guy who needs to do so. It's not like Tonon is his biggest prize superstar or something like cus with tyson or freddie and pac. He's not even his main grappling coach. I see no motive here.

Bro relax no need to have emotional and spiteful hatred over me. I know you built up hatred online on a forum over a guy you dont know or never will meet. Everything I said is normal, I didnt insult anyone I used nate as an example of a guy who also trains boxing, but longer than 4 months and he looked like crap, Tonon never trained boxing as a kid but he looked good for supposed 4 months training so its hard to believe.

So I said he could just be a natural why so angry at my opinion? calm down its not that serious man

Bro relax no need to have emotional and spiteful hatred over me. I know you built up hatred online on a forum over a guy you dont know or never will meet. Everything I said is normal, I didnt insult anyone I used nate as an example of a guy who also trains boxing, but longer than 4 months and he looked like crap, Tonon never trained boxing as a kid but he looked good for supposed 4 months training so its hard to believe.

So I said he could just be a natural why so angry at my opinion? calm down its not that serious man
Nope, everything I said made sense. What you said was gibberish. A guy who never competed in any sport all his life up untill the age of 24 is a bad example of anything. It's actually crazy impressive Nate made it where he's at. Tonon was at least an athlete all his life so might be an exceptional talent, so again, bad argument.

Just cause someone gave rational arguments against all the points you made in a comment, doesn't mean they are getting emotional. You constantly push that narrative, and it's one of the many reasons everyone considers you a troll in the boxing sections.

And if saying gtfo really hurt your feelings that bad, you should get out more. can thinking what you said was gibberish is not an insult, it's an honest opinion of mine.

Point out where I threw an insult at you in my comment like you claim... But you never answer when being called out on such troll methods, and there have been many examples, like calling youtubers boxing historians and ignoring when actual boxing historians are presented in a reply, or you claim to have a score card and refuse to provide it after 4 people asked you in the same thread.

Never change, Tid. lol

Back