if fans voted for UFC HOF

brookerth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If the UFC gave up control and allowed the fans to vote based on their accomplishments in their career who else do you think would be in the HOF? my most obvious answer would have to be Frank Shamrock. does anyone else come in mind?

i almost think that this sort of system of fan voting would be better served for an MMA hall of fame. Maybe the fans comprise 50% or some arbitrary number and fighters or peers or MMA sports writers make up the rest of the vote. The reason I'd say that is because the UFC Hall of Fame is just that--a hall of fame that the UFC, as a business, decides on. Many people think Bonnar doesn't deserve to be in, but i think the argument for him being in is solidified by his contribution to the business of the UFC and they make the decisions just like they make the decisions on fight bonuses or employee of the month in the company. It's also the reason Frank is not in the UFC hall of fame but would certainly be in an MMA hall of fame, which is fine because the UFC can do whatever they want, but they would have no power over an MMA hall of fame.

The UFC would never let the fans vote for anything important after they f*cked up that FOTN vote. Plus, the Hall of Fame would quickly fill up with guys who are all hype.

Back