if Dos Anjos can comfortably make 155 again

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
that's pretty intriguing isn't it?

Former champion at the weight. a 4 fight streak at the weight over Benson, Nate, Pettis and Cerrone at one point

if he can win in style tomorrow all the sudden we have a new top guy at the weight.

I still believe in RDA. Now that Khabib is out of the picture, he may have a shot.
Although, him losing to Chiesa kinda of told me he may be done. I know Chiesa is bigger, but I don't think Chiesa is champ material.

It's one of those fights where u dont wanna see either guy lose because you like and respect them as a fan.. but like what mr.blessed would always say...

"It is what it is"

People are far too critical of him.

-He was the lightweight champ and lost his belt to Eddie, then lost to Tony (which could happen to anyone at LW right now) and moved up quickly, claiming weight struggles.
-He went on a WW run beating the at the time ranked fighters of: #11 Tarec, #6 Magny, and #2 Lawler, to go on and challenge for the Interim title.
-Since then, he's lost to the guys who are now the current champ, and contenders #1, #3, and #8.
-The Chiesa loss is really the only standout problem here and I can see people ragging on him for it, but in the middle of that whole skid, he also had a decisive victory over the current #10 lightweight, Kevin Lee.

Now he's saying that he hooked up with the same guy who guided Aldo down to BW and shouldn't have issues with the cut anymore. So I mean, if we take that as true?
He's coming down to LW, he should at least be above #10 Lee and is facing #7 Felder. He can really find himself in contention in almost no time.

He looked pretty durable and fought well against Lee recently. That RDA should beat Felder comfortably.

He looked durable because he's still fighting at 170, and he's not cutting as much weight. As much as I like RDA, not a FAN fan but I respect his skills, I don't see how we see a resurgence of RDA at 155.

He's always had rough cuts and the Top 5 is full of Heavy Hitters that can MORE than likely clean what's left of his Chin the FUCK out. Dan Hooker with the Knees, Dustin, Gaethje, he already lost to Ferguson, and than McGregor?

I think these are all bad match ups for him if his Chin is washed, even in the Lee fight you're sighting he got dropped in the first round, cutting down to 155 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets KO'ed by anyone that lands a clean shot. RDA's raked up a lot of mileage too.

I don't know man. I just haven't seen the same explosive pop in his strikes/movements since his championship days. He just hasn't looked the same since he wrecked Cowboy.

You've said the weight cut prior to losing your title via first-round TKO to Alvarez was the worst of your career. Can you walk us through that?

Everything was on plan. We had 3 pounds to lose the morning of the weigh-in. The night before, we had lost 8 or 9 pounds during training. I jumped in the [Epsom salt] bath for 15 minutes, and when I stood up, I felt dizzy. I sat down again on the edge of the bath and felt OK, started to stand up again, and I just fell backward. My head was two inches from the faucet. I could have died that day.

My coaches took me out of the bath and placed me on the bed. I came back for a couple seconds and passed out again. I came back and passed out a third time. I was almost out for three minutes, they said. At one point, they said, 'Let's call 911 and cancel the fight.' I woke up and asked them what was going on. And after all that, I still didn't know if I had made the weight. So I had to check my weight, but I couldn't stand up. I lied down with a cold towel on my head. It took me about 40 minutes to get up. I checked my weight, and it said 155. If I hadn't been on weight, there's no way I could do any more. I couldn't do it. On the walk to the weigh-ins, I was just feeling miserable.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...ry-weight-cuts-preceded-move-welterweight-mma

his march to the title was insane. the way he was just walking through everything like the fucking terminator and immediately firing back at his opponents with flurries of power shots was scary. you could see him breaking Pettis during the title fight.

Pettis even accused him of being on something because he himself couldn't believe he was walking through his shots and bombing on him. that RDA was a fucking beast.

155 already has 5 or 6 guys that are 1-2 wins away from a title shot. I wish they would start making fights & develop a clear pecking order. RDA/Felder winner just makes it messier.

Yes it could be a game changer. If he wins he's immediately top 10 and of course 1 fight away from top 5, 2 from a title shot possibly.

I never thought he or Gastelum would go back a class. I hope I'm wrong on both accounts.

I still believe in RDA. Now that Khabib is out of the picture, he may have a shot.
Although, him losing to Chiesa kinda of told me he may be done. I know Chiesa is bigger, but I don't think Chiesa is champ material.
chiesa looked two weight class bigger. Even then, he was gassed af after 3 rounds, too bad it wasn't a 5 rounds fight, RDA would ve beat him in the later rounds like he did against kevin lee

1195707783.jpg.jpg

You've said the weight cut prior to losing your title via first-round TKO to Alvarez was the worst of your career. Can you walk us through that?

Everything was on plan. We had 3 pounds to lose the morning of the weigh-in. The night before, we had lost 8 or 9 pounds during training. I jumped in the [Epsom salt] bath for 15 minutes, and when I stood up, I felt dizzy. I sat down again on the edge of the bath and felt OK, started to stand up again, and I just fell backward. My head was two inches from the faucet. I could have died that day.

My coaches took me out of the bath and placed me on the bed. I came back for a couple seconds and passed out again. I came back and passed out a third time. I was almost out for three minutes, they said. At one point, they said, 'Let's call 911 and cancel the fight.' I woke up and asked them what was going on. And after all that, I still didn't know if I had made the weight. So I had to check my weight, but I couldn't stand up. I lied down with a cold towel on my head. It took me about 40 minutes to get up. I checked my weight, and it said 155. If I hadn't been on weight, there's no way I could do any more. I couldn't do it. On the walk to the weigh-ins, I was just feeling miserable.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...ry-weight-cuts-preceded-move-welterweight-mma

He's 5'8" and really doesn't look that big, must have lead in his bones or something.

Last edited:
He's 5'8" a really doesn't look that big, must have lead in his bones or something.
The biggest weight cut I have on record percentage-wise (see signature for more) is Max Holloway, who at one point had cut from 178 lbs for UFC 212; but Holloway doesn't really look that big either.

Former champion at the weight. a 4 fight streak at the weight over Benson, Nate, Pettis and Cerrone at one point

if he can win in style tomorrow all the sudden we have a new top guy at the weight.
Nah

All due respect to RDA, he has peaked.

His time is done. I'm expecting him to struggle tomorrow.

Doesn't mean he's not a legit fighter, but he's not going to touch the top.

I think he beats Felder. He's been fighting in the wrong division. Felder's good, I just think RDA is better.

Last edited:
Ive seen RDA in person a short time after after he beat Pettis. The dude is severely thick, big head, and a wide fucking neck like a running back.

He never had the overall length to compete with top WWs

his march to the title was insane. the way he was just walking through everything like the fucking terminator and immediately firing back at his opponents with flurries of power shots was scary. you could see him breaking Pettis during the title fight.

Pettis even accused him of being on something because he himself couldn't believe he was walking through his shots and bombing on him. that RDA was a fucking beast.
Even I thought that. Obviously in terms of technique he was on point but just physically he looked like a specimen; his speed, power, and timing was off the charts. He made Pettis look slow which is crazy.

That title winning performance by RDA against Pettis is one of my all time favorite performances in the UFC. The way he'd toggle the body kick with the left hand(sometimes straight, sometimes looped) was so incredible, he had Pettis guessing basically the entire time. On the mat he smothered him too, at the time Pettis was considered one of the more dangerous guys on the the ground, at least among strikers, given he tapped Giblert and Bendo but RDA gave no shits and manhandled him. I used to have a 60fps torrent of it on my laptop and I'd watch it on my bus commutes all the time.

He said in a post-weigh in interview that it was easier for him to make 155 this time than his past weight cuts for welterweight.

Something about him decreasing his walk-around weight to the 170's for months before this fight camp, whereas for the last few years at WW his walk-around weight was over 190.

Back