If Dom Cruz and Jose Aldo fought. Who would you have bet on?

Aldo for sure. I don't think Dom could finish him or avoid getting hurt for 25 minutes. Aldo would either knock him out or win a clear cut decision.

Aldo would eat Cruz.

Cruz is one of the most overrated fighters of all time.

Aldo destroys any version of Cruz. Bad style matchup and bigger fighter.

Aldo, but I am really bad about underestimating Cruz.

Both are great fighters and Aldo should be able to defeat Dom but dont count out Cruz outsmarting Aldo . Both are GOATs though
Aldo would end the fight with one properly placed leg kick
We are talking about Pre-Injuries Cruz . Cruz is probably the smartest fighter in MMA history second only to the greatest Georges St-Pierre

Both are great fighters and Aldo should be able to defeat Dom but dont count out Cruz outsmarting Aldo . Both are GOATs though

We are talking about Pre-Injuries Cruz . Cruz is probably the smartest fighter in MMA history second only to the greatest Georges St-Pierre
Aldo destroys Cruz. Aldo's also a much better fighter than Georges, beating Chad Mendes 2X and Frankie Edgar 2X are better wins than any of the Canadian's past contests

Aldo destroys Cruz. Aldo's also a much better fighter than Georges, beating Chad Mendes 2X and Frankie Edgar 2X are better wins than any of the Canadian's past contests
I like all three of them . GSP and Cruz are my all-time favorite fighters and Aldo is one of my favorites as well.
I disagree though , GSP and Cruz are better fighters than Aldo .

Peak WEC Aldo would melt Cruz’s legs with low kicks and diminish Cruz’s footwork which everyone knows is his biggest weapon. From there it’ll be Aldo piecing him up until Cruz eventually succumbs to the damage from the wild wolverine that prime Aldo is.

Aldo for the often stated reason I think he'd just attack Cruz with lowkicks. for the same reason I think Cruz claiming superiority over Barao(at least the pre TJ version) via MMAth is questionable, TJ had the game to exploit Baraos weaker boxing but Dom would have allowed him the range to work his kicks.

Back