If Curtis Blaydes Knew Then What He Knows Now

He should commit to wrestling in this fight, Jairzinho is a better striker than Derrick Lewis, who was pretty much waiting on that uppercut the entire fight.

If he gets KOed again it will be very hard for him to comeback.

HW is the hard hitting division and if all he does is get KOed by the heavy hitters then he's done.

The good news about curtis is he is still pretty young for a HW. The bad news is Ngannou has shown no signs of slowing and Gane is the same age as Blaydes, and looks better.

IDK.
Curtis is looking like he may end up being a professional gatekeeper.

We'll see.
I don't its impossible to see him win the belt but the road there is harder than his ranking indicates with 2 losses to the champ, and I don't see him beating Gane, Ngannou or Stipe atm.

Again, we'll see.

Funny enough I think Blaydes might be a horrible matchup for Gane. Gane can out technical anyone standing but he lacks stoppage power so Blaydes can take him down with little risk and smother him with gnp.
But the others are horrible matches for Blaydes again.

Curtis Blaydes is supposed to be a great wrestler isnt he? Is heavyweight wrestling just that pathetic? Not even trying to hate but his wrestling seems pretty bad.
He won the state wrestling championship in Illinois in 2009 I believe. There were some beasts in that pool of kids and Curtis was the top dog. You can't compare the technique of a heavyweight wrestler to a lighter weight guy. it's a different game. I think he could've been a D1 college wrestler but he chose a different path. His technique and athleticism are good, but he has made mistakes and gotten cracked. Unfortunately you cant get those ones back.

which has been proven in… which fight exactly?

i’m sure youre right but its not like HW has a bunch of great grapplers, youre just saying that with no proof.
Overeem took him down at will and kept him there for a majority of the fight.
Coincidentally this was while reem was working with Blaydes to improve his wrestling while he helped Blaydes with his standup.

Does Ngannou beat Blaydes 10 out of 10 times??

I'm sure there is some reality where Blaydes can survive on the feet and take Ngannou down and wrestle him like Stipe did.

it's not impossible that Blaydes becomes champion one day.

TS opines if Blaydes is really that skilled. The answer is no, he's not.

The context is that heavyweight is populated with low skilled, low athleticism fighters. Therefore, he does just fine.
It's quite obvious Blaydes is decently skilled and athletic. It doesn't take any analyzation to come to that conclusion so I really wonder, what makes you say he's low skilled and low athleticism? Just to be different? Rebelling?

But sure, whatever you say. Really, at this point no amount of talk can change such an opinion so there's really no need to respond. Unless you actually gave us a good reason, then I'll easily counter it ; )

Back