If Conor wins. Is his run the biggest achievement in UFC history?

If RDA is the monster fighter everyone is saying then yes.

It is a part of the game. Any dominant champ could have done the same if they were brave enough.
I could have sworn Aldo wanted to. Also how the hell is Conor a dominant Champ hes never even defended his belt once

Conor With 6 months of sprawl could beat anyone in featherweight division even aldo

I could have sworn Aldo wanted to. Also how the hell is Conor a dominant Champ hes never even defended his belt once

I meant if Conor could do it, a dominant champion would have even more leveraged of they played the cards right.

Calling it the best achievement in UFC history would still be pushing it. A lot depends on how the fight plays out. If he one-punches RDA or dominates him from pillar to post like Thompson beat Hendricks, then he'll be among the best fighters to ever pass through the UFC, but it's the T in GOAT that everyone seems to forget about: Time. A GOAT career needs longevity, but he would be well on his way.

Holding multiple UFC titles at the same time has never been done before so yes.

In UFC history? No I think Lesnar winning the heavyweight title without ever sparring with head strikes allowed in his entire life is way more impressive.

Fuck no.

RDA is good, but he's nowhere near the all time books. I've not even heard him mentioned in top 10 LW's all time list.

Mendes is very good, though I haven't seen him in a top 10 FW list either.

He has an incredibly good win over Aldo.

One incredibly good win isn't enough to get the biggest achievement in UFC history.

If Cloner can beat Aldo again, Edgar, RDA, Cowboy, and about 5 others, then he's there.

Just look: Bones beat Shogun, Lyoto, Hashad, Bader, DC, Rampage, Vitor, Shael, Glover, and Gus. GSP beat Fitch, Alves, Kos, Hughes 2X's, Penn 2 X's, Hendricks, Sherk, Hardy, Serra, Shields, Condit, Trigg, and Diaz.

For Connie to beat Aldo again, Mendes again, Edgar, RDA, Cowboy and 5 others isn't a stretch when you're talking biggest achievement in UFC history.

Even if he does all that, that would just leave him a little behind GSP and Bones.

He would have to do more and do that while not losing a fight.

So at 2 or 3 fights a year, he has to fight for 5 more years to catch up to where they are right now. And that's assuming GSP never comes back, Anderson doesn't go on a hot streak and Jon loses.

I expect Cloner to lose either his next fight or fight after that.

No, it wouldnt

RDA is awesome, but why would Conor get more credit than anyone else who beat a monster in their own division.

Conor has not gone UP and beaten anyone, make no mistake. He was opted to start with fighting people smaller than him, with a lame excuse that he wanted to mirror his con job in his previous organisation too.

No, Aldo could have already did what Conor is trying to do.

He wanted to fight Bendo/Edgar and would have beat them both but the UFC forced him to give up his belt.

Edgar has a real good shot at winning 3 belts. He already won one in a division he cut 0 weight for.

The haters will hate, but the greatest run would come down to Conor and Jones.

Jon Jones: 15 UFC Wins, including dominant wins of 7 current or former champions. Never beaten.
Conor Mcgregor (if he beats RDA): 8 UFC wins, 2 belts, and a ko of the greatest 145er ever.

Conor has yet to defend a belt, and Jones will remind everyone why he's the GOAT upon return, as I've said before.

Defenses far outweigh general wins for obvious reasons. Guys like Jones, Aldo and GSP have/had their streaks against the very best their divisions had to offer. Conor is still a few fights away from that level, (although the two weight class thing jumps him ahead a couple for sure if he can crack it).

Conor's aces but beating Brimage, Siver and Poirier isn't even close to a qualification for greatness. Shit, even Jones, with the massive asterisks of two middleweights on his 8-defense run (and a 1-2 Machida), is still behind Aldo (9), GSP (9) and Anderson (10).

jj4sElA.gif

It isn't just the run he's had, but the manner in which he's disposed of his opponents. I'd say capturing the LW title and defending both titles at least once would pretty much seal the deal.
Beats RDA, moves back down and beats Frankie, beats Khabib or Ferguson. Yeah then he's pretty much the all time GOAT.

Beating RDA still might put him above Jones. Jones hasn't beat anyone on Aldo's P4P level, has no wins outside of his weight class, and never gets stoppages. Plus he arguably lost to Gus.

Absolutely. 2 division champ while running through everybody including the P4P #1.

BTW, I'm a big JBJ fan and dislike Conor.

Back