If Conor wants the rematch so bad why he didn't challenge Islam?

Khabib is terrified of New Conor and wants to see how he fights Lil Khabib so he can better prepare. There is a reason for the ridiculous rematch requirements and wanting him to fight a version of himself first.
Who is “New Conor”? Is the one that fights aging dudes on a 2 fight losing streak, instead of real top level fighters in their prime? If so, good for him, he can actually get some wins that way.

Islam has been willing to fight him for long.
That would be a perfect match for him the preparation and experience would be very beneficial for potential khabib rematch.
If he brutally finish khabibs brother then khabib could rematch him, I mean the probability would be a lot higher than any other scenario.
But instead he fought a fighter in decline at 170. Alright...
... simple coz he dont have to... who is this islam guy ?, really russian logic here... fight nobody to get second fight with khabib... and for sure that fight would bring him and ufc lots of money right ?... damn...

lol you guys need to stop, nobody gives a shit about islam except for russian fans and the weird khabib nuthuggers.

dude isn't a draw/known, barely ranked, hasn't beaten anyone notable, and he's already been knocked out by a BJJ guy.

That would kiss Conor's career goodbye. Islam would smoke Conor.

This isn't a bad idea imo. But this will not happen for a couple of reasons.

1. Islam is not a highly ranked fighter. He's only ranked #14.
2. No one knows who Islam is. He just rides the coattails of Khabib and is only known for training for Khabib.
3. It's not a title fight
4. High risk, Low reward

And this leads us to the question, why should the most popular mma fighter of all time fight a low ranked opponent who doesn't even have a title ?

This isn't a bad idea imo. But this will not happen for a couple of reasons.

1. Islam is not a highly ranked fighter. He's only ranked #14.
2. No one knows who Islam is. He just rides the coattails of Khabib and is only known for training for Khabib.
3. It's not a title fight
4. High risk, Low reward

And this leads us to the question, why should the most popular mma fighter of all time fight a low ranked opponent who doesn't even have a title ?

Isnt it ironic that he's ranked 15 yet is "high risk?"

cause he knows getting beat by another dagestani, specially not highly ranked, would destroy whatever career of his he's trying to revive with those fixed f....ahem favorable matchups

Isnt it ironic that he's ranked 15 yet is "high risk?"

Because if Conor loses he won't have an excuse since he would lose to a low ranked fighter. I'm not saying Islam is dangerous, im saying that why should Conor risk his momentum fighting someone that has nothing to offer. It's like fishing in a puddle. Conor is only in the game for the money fights. Not fighting unknown scrubs.

That would be a perfect match for him the preparation and experience would be very beneficial for potential khabib rematch.
If he brutally finish khabibs brother then khabib could rematch him, I mean the probability would be a lot higher than any other scenario.
Likely because he wants a rematch as you stated in the thread title. He hasn't fought islam

Because if Conor loses he won't have an excuse since he would lose to a low ranked fighter. I'm not saying Islam is dangerous, im saying that why should Conor risk his momentum fighting someone that has nothing to offer. It's like fishing in a puddle. Conor is only in the game for the money fights. Not fighting unknown scrubs.

Guaranteed he posed more of a threat than "#5 ranked" Cowboy. The irony is UFC manipulates the rankings so more dangerous fighters can be ranked low and then have "nothing to offer"

You're a sick fuck too, just like me. <[analyzed}>

giphy.gif

Back