If Conor loses how screwed is the UFC?

This is why they have always promoted the UFC over any fighter.

How many people only know MMA as UFC and couldn't name another org.

Casuals only know UFC which is better for long term business.

In Australia is super hard to watch any of the other "big" promotions.

UFC also has so many events it is almost a weekly show which makes it easier to follow and than random fights by Triller. UFC isn't at all worried about Triller or being boxing events, they have always been a part of the landscape. The ufc probably sees it as a plus that the ufc is big enough boxers actually want to fight them.

The UFC was birthed into existence when Conor made his debut and they also temporarily suspended operations every time Conor decided to not come back around for a while.

Conor becoming LW champion yet again would be fantastic for the sport and thats why everyone needs to root for him. Nobody makes the sport more exciting than The Notorious.

Khamzat-Chimaev-Dana-White.jpg
ynor0fyicef21.jpg

Triller has been killing it lately and the YouTuber fight scene is dominating all the headlines. Askren getting destroyed and Woodley making the biggest payday of his life are terrible optics. Dana's hostility towards the Paul brothers suggests he is deeply concerned.

If Conor loses and retires the UFC could be in serious trouble. People will say "The UFC will be survive, it always has" but the landscape is changing rapidly and this YouTube thing isn't going away, the UFC could become the new myspace if they don't adapt.
It's not 2009 anymore. They make a fuckload of money guaranteed every year. They aren't worried about anything.

Brand > Fighters, yes they wont make as much but they will continue to, its not like Poirier wont get any of the draw by beating him twice.

Poirer won't get much, he is a charisma vacuum so he would get a lot less than Conor would lose so a net loss for UFC overall.

The UFC will be fine but it might take a while to replace global stars like khabib and conor.

I keep hearing how Adesanya and Nate are apparently the biggest names after Conor but both on the same card did just 600k buys. A Conor press conference could do those numbers. What's it going to be like with Conor gone and no longer keeping the UFC in the media and more YouTuber fights dominating the headlines? Anyone thinking the UFC has nothing to worry about is in denial.

Not worried at all. They learned from Affliction, EliteXC and many other defunct promotions that you can’t build a promotion based on one fighter only. Brock, Gsp, Honda, Chuck…. they all left and the ball kept on rolling.
Tell that to the wme.
Tell that to the Fertittas.
Conor is just one man so long term ( if there is a long term) , like u said....

However, we're in a different era of mma/ufc.
Their heavier divisions are thin ( 70 & up) and there are no more prides or SFORCE s to absorb.
All the other top promotions are thin and free agency is a different ball game today.

I hear/ read all these articles on how well UFC is doing but there are alot of factors involved ,including the pandemic and it turns out that not having fans at arenas wasn't such a bad thing given all these watered down unattractive cards.

Itll be interesting moving forward- they now have limited " star power combined with real top tier talent ". They have to meet ESPN obligations as well as sitting on " PPV worthy " ppvs. That's ALOT of needed talent/ names to spread around.

Tell that to the wme.
Tell that to the Fertittas.
Conor is just one man so long term ( if there is a long term) , like u said....

However, we're in a different era of mma/ufc.
Their heavier divisions are thin ( 70 & up) and there are no more prides or SFORCE s to absorb.
All the other top promotions are thin and free agency is a different ball game today.

I hear/ read all these articles on how well UFC is doing but there are alot of factors involved ,including the pandemic and it turns out that not having fans at arenas wasn't such a bad thing given all these watered down unattractive cards.

Itll be interesting moving forward- they now have limited " star power combined with real top tier talent ". They have to meet ESPN obligations as well as sitting on " PPV worthy " ppvs. That's ALOT of needed talent/ names to spread around.
IMO The UFC has a problem with making too many events to fulfill contract duties. Like you said, not enough stars can come up to sustain so many cards without said cards being watered down. Ufn’s on SpikeTV were more stacked than most of today’s PPVS. Conor alone won’t solve that issue, though.
The ufc got exponentially richer after the fox deal and subsequently with the Espn and will keep on making milions with any other deal in the future, no doubt in my mind. Unfortunately other things got lost.

IMO The UFC has a problem with making too many events to fulfill contract duties. Like you said, not enough stars can come up to sustain so many cards without said cards being watered down. Ufn’s on SpikeTV were more stacked than most of today’s PPVS. Conor alone won’t solve that issue, though.
The ufc got exponentially richer after the fox deal and subsequently with the Espn and will keep on making milions with any other deal in the future, no doubt in my mind. Unfortunately other things got lost.
We'll see , their contract with ESPN ends sometime in 2023.

UFC has no superstars except Conor. And no, Israel and Francis are not superstars.
If they eventually cave and pay Jones enough to get him in the ring and Big Frank takes his head off I think he'll be pushed hard and reach that Jones level of superstardom. Conor's out on an island by himself.

I wish they had a freak show division. I would honestly be more interested in that than anything else.
Those youtube gimmick fights are 100 percent freak show fights. Go nuts.

Genuinely, how many cards do you think Triller can put on where the Paul Bros fight past prime fighters...

The model gets old very quickly once the novelty factor wears off, since there's no sporting interest to accompany it.

Do the Paul's have enough casual fans to continuously support their promotion and repeat purchase? Realistically this fizzles out in max 24 months.

I've been bored to shit with it lately.. First time for me in forever I have gone several months without ordering any cards.. I will order Conor/Dustin 3.. But past that I see nothing really of interest on the immediate horizon..

Dana still being cheap, dicking around with Jones/Francis.

These Cards mostly suck..

Every mega star is literally gone in the UFC. (Conor soon)

Nothing ever happens, just a little less PPV buys.
A lot less..

This keeps up watch ESPN not renew with the UFC.. I think the deal is up in 2023..

Conor is one of those fighters, like the Diaz Bros, where fans will contort the result into some sort of moral victory for Conor, so the result really doesn't matter that much as long as Conor has a moment. Also, Poirier is a really dope fighter, so he's easy for UFC to promote

Not at all. Conor fangirls are like Trump cultists, there is literally nothing he can do that will stop them from excitedly washing his balls with their mouths from here until eternity.

Back