If Conor knocks out Khabib in the 1st round, and then retires...

SaintSoldier

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What would be your opinion of his legacy? Enough to make him a top 2 GOAT at lightweight?

The only way he could beat Khabib is an early KO... that's literally his only chance.

He's lost several fights already, to cans and gatekeepers, never defended a title.

Showed some impressive striking in his career, but never proved to be a well rounded or well conditioned fighter, or a fighter that would stick around and defend a title in a hungry division. He wouldn't be overly discussed if it weren't for his out of ring antics.

When you think about how amazing the title defense runs of Jones, GSP and Anderson are in comparison, where they just had to fight whoever the UFC put in front of them, month in and month out, you just know how for real they actually were compared this era of smokescreen snake oil salesman bullshit.

That said, he had some good wins and probably would be somewhere in the bottom of the top 50 all time.

Last edited:
I just wanna see this damn fight already so we don't have to hear about these different hypothetical scenarios anymore.

But, if he did KO Khabib in 1 and then retired, I'd consider him top 20 all time greats. Maybe top 10. Only thing stopping him from being top 5, is a title defense.

Depends on his PPV sales.

If he breaks the UFC PPV record while doing so then hey's UFC GOAT among fighters. If not then his GOAT status is suspect. MMA is first and foremost a business so the fighter who makes the most money is the GOAT.

Depends on his PPV sales.

If he breaks the UFC PPV record while doing so then hey's UFC GOAT among fighters. If not then his GOAT status is suspect. MMA is first and foremost a business so the fighter who makes the most money is the GOAT.
Wouldn’t he already be the goat, tho? He’s made more money then any other ufc fighter. Champ champ/goat goat

Don't worry. He'll fight Nate 5 more times before he retires.

This fight really brings out the greatest moments on Sherdog.

Wouldn’t he already be the goat, tho? He’s made more money then any other ufc fighter. Champ champ/goat goat

He's already GOAT in my book, but he has many doubters so I'm willing to take a step back.

What would be your opinion of his legacy? Enough to make him a top 2 GOAT at lightweight?
The title made it so obvious it was yet another GOAT thread..

What is it with you tards and your weird obsession with GOAT talk?

The only way he could beat Khabib is an early KO... that's literally his only chance.

He's lost several fights already, to cans and gatekeepers, never defended a title.

Wouldn't be overly discussed if it weren't for his out of ring antics.

He probably would be somewhere in the bottom of the top 50 all time.

Yeah, doing what nobody has done(2 Div. UFC Champion simultaneously) before you... Is nothing special!! Nobody was holding his hand, when he KO'd a GOAT, in a Title fight, in 13 seconds!! And nobody was holding his hand when he absolutely destroyed 1 of the greatest LW's in MMA history!!

conor-mcgregor-ufc-205-alvarez-belts.jpg

mcgregor-two-belts.jpg

Max-Holloway-interim-belt.png

XaDsetj.gif

1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

HighMerryDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

eddie-alvarez-mma-belt.jpg

204_Eddie_Alvarez.0.jpg

PlaintiveHandsomeGlobefish-size_restricted.gif

Jon Jones inspired by Conor McGregor, says Irishman’s wrestling ‘shouldn’t be underestimated’ against Khabib

maxresdefault.jpg

daniel-cormier-post-ufc-226-belts.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I just wanna see this damn fight already so we don't have to hear about these different hypothetical scenarios anymore.

But, if he did KO Khabib in 1 and then retired, I'd consider him top 20 all time greats. Maybe top 10. Only thing stopping him from being top 5, is a title defense.
top 5 if he beats khabib.

Back