If Cerrone wins at 202 does he move into the upper echelon?

andy18_1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If he ends up beating Rick Story in 2 weeks who would you want to see him fight next ? Personally I think Matt Brown , Gunnar Nelson and shooting high Robbie Lawler would all be great fights. Think he has a great chance against the first 2, Him vs Brown will be a battle to see who lands the first liver kick lol but given his last performance I feel like if he can beat Story he deserves somebody higher up given his previous lightweight ranking . Who do you want to see him fight ?

Matt Brown win or lose IMO should be next

^^While Matt Brown-Cerrone would be a fun fight on paper, with Brown being finished in back to back fights, what does he do for Cerrone?

He should fight Gunnar if he beats Story.

how does cowboy seem to get on every card. Or am i just out of my head but it seems he fights constantly.

He could move into the top 5,4,3 or 2 in the division and it won't matter because he's a big time choke artist who gets battered every time he tries to win a title.

He could move into the top 5,4,3 or 2 in the division and it won't matter because he's a big time choke artist who gets battered every time he tries to win a title.
This choke stuff is no sense.

Losing to better fighters is not choking.

RDA is elite and better than Cerrone. Nate is elite and a bad matchup for Cerrone. It's just who he's fighting, not "choking".

I would say whichever fighter is free in 8-10 weeks. I'd like it to be Neil Magney if he gets passed Larkin. He is a guy that likes to fight often as well and I like the matchup on paper. If not him then it could be Lawler/Saffiedine/Matt Brown/Gunnar. Cowboy sounds like he wants a fight every 8 weeks and if you're fighting that often you're going to have to fight guys quite a few spots away from your ranking.

So to answer your question, it just depends. If it's Lawler or Magney then yes, if it's one of the other guys I mentioned then he'll have to win to get a top 5 guy. That is if he even wants a top 5 guy. Cerrone fights for money so taking a lower ranked guy isn't a big deal to him.

Last edited:
Upper echelon? Matt Brown? The guy has lost 4 of his last 5 fights. I'm confused.

how does cowboy seem to get on every card. Or am i just out of my head but it seems he fights constantly.
He does. He's a badass. And I think psychologically he's better when he just gets in there and fights. A build up, long fight camp and media tours are where he gets fucked up. imo.

Back