if Cain upsets JDS, will JDS- Overeem still happen?

UFCfightman**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
would hate to see another superfight ruined by some superfluous match

JDS overeem would be the most hyped HW match in a long time and it's a legit number 1 vs number 2 in the division.

There was an exact thread just like this but I will repeat myself anyways.

No it won't happen right away unless by some crazy chance Overeem loses to Bigfoot. If Overeem wins he's going to fight Cain. And JDS could get set up with someone like Cormier.

That fight would be perfect to determine the next #1 contender.

So yes, IMO they will

If Cain beats JDS it will probably be Cain vs Overeem with JDS vs Werdum or Cormier. Cain and Cormier wont fight so Overeem cant really be risked against JDS when he's a legit contender and named opponent for Cain.

If Cain beats JDS it will probably be Cain vs Overeem with JDS vs Werdum or Cormier. Cain and Cormier wont fight so Overeem cant really be risked against JDS when he's a legit contender and named opponent for Cain.

I don't see JDS vs Werdum happening just yet seeing as JDS would have to sit out for a long time as Werdum and Nog are doing TUF Brazil.

Cain vs. Overeem is just as intriguing and maybe even more so than against JDS. Either way we have a good fight.

I hate how often the term "super fight" is thrown around these days.

That being said, if both of them lose I could see this fight still happening. Otherwise, makes no sense. Reem will fight for the belt should he win. If he loses match him with Kongo or Carwin.

JDS/Overeem is not a superfight you silly bastard

It's inevitable like Paris Hilton and STD's.

JDS overeem would be the most hyped HW match in a long time and it's a legit number 1 vs number 2 in the division.

No it won't, because if that happens then Overeem MUST fight Cain because Cormier WON'T fight Cain. If Cain beats JDS and then Overeem fights JDS and Cormier won't fight Cain and Werdum is tied up with TUF Brazil, who the hell would get a shot at the title? Roy Nelson? Struve? Hunt? Mir again? Forget that, there is no even halfway legit contenders for Cain except Overeem and Werdum, and Werdum ain't available. Case closed.

I think we may have a triangle at HW

JDS beats Cain
Overeem beats JDS
Cain beats Overeem

That said i certainly think we shouldn't overlook Cain in the rematch due to how the first fight ended. And JDS vs Reem needs to happen at some point (ideally in 2013) , no matter the context and circumstances.

I don't see JDS vs Werdum happening just yet seeing as JDS would have to sit out for a long time as Werdum and Nog are doing TUF Brazil.

You're right. I just dont think it makes business sense to risk a massive potential star in Overeem by giving him JDS coming off a loss especially when one of the top HWs will not fight Cain.

if cain upsets ??? you mean when cain upsets jds

After Overeem smashes Bigfoot he will then fight whoever has the UFC HW belt and if that is Cain then Overeem will take it from him.

Junior would then have to get a contender fight against Werdum or Cormier. Both of which I would like to see.

Then if Junior wins (which I doubt he would) then he can challenge Overeem for the title and lose.

There was an exact thread just like this but I will repeat myself anyways.

No it won't happen right away unless by some crazy chance Overeem loses to Bigfoot. If Overeem wins he's going to fight Cain. And JDS could get set up with someone like Cormier.

I agree. Overeem would definitely fight whoever has the belt.

Agreed with Overeem should fight for the belt, should he beat Bigfoot.

It wouldn't make sense to do an immediate rubber match with Cain and JDS, while Overeem is sidelined, waiting for the winner of Nog Werdum way later.

Wow. A lot of people really think Overeem is some kind of messianic figure. I wouldn't be so sure. I reckon hes number 3 at heavyweight behind JDS and Cain and possibly Cormier too.
JDS beats him with combos as compared to single strikes Overeem favours.
Cain beats him by taking him down and controlling him, possibly with a GNP finish.
Cormier (see Cain).

Wow. A lot of people really think Overeem is some kind of messianic figure. I wouldn't be so sure. I reckon hes number 3 at heavyweight behind JDS and Cain and possibly Cormier too.
JDS beats him with combos as compared to single strikes Overeem favours.
Cain beats him by taking him down and controlling him, possibly with a GNP finish.
Cormier (see Cain).

Overeem beats them all down with knees,kicks and strikes.

Back