• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If anyone is planning on ever exploring caves as a hobby- watch this first

Maybe if they used scary names for the caves like Death Valley or Last Life Pass instead of cute kids names like Nutty Putty or Cotton Candy Ridge, then maybe..............just maybe people would stop exploring there.
GOLD! I say we fill the rest of the thread with names for these places.

Gut Gasher Gulch
Crevasse of No Return
Dead Dave Cave
Bloody Buddy Bluff
Pelvis Pincher Peak
Carcass Collector Canyon
Missing Miner Mine
Avalanche Arbor
Crushed Ribcage Ridge
Dead Dude's Ditch

Last edited:
Maybe if they used scary names for the caves like Death Valley or Last Life Pass instead of cute kids names like Nutty Putty or Cotton Candy Ridge, then maybe..............just maybe people would stop exploring there.

You'd think but no

yeah, i've known of that video for a very long time. it is definitely one of the scariest on youtube. i never even consider going cave diving even if i had never seen that video before.

Gut Gasher Gulch
Crevasse of No Return
Dead Dave Cave
Bloody Buddy Bluff
Pelvis Pincher Peak
Carcass Collector Canyon
Missing Miner Mine
Avalanche Arbor
Crushed Ribcage Ridge
Dead Dude's Ditch
It doesn't work. There is a cave diving spot called the temple of doom, but dumbasses keep diving there lol

Folks don't care if the caves get sealed or not. They go behind and undo the gates and go in

yeah, i've known of that video for a very long time. it is definitely one of the scariest on youtube. i never even consider going cave diving even if i had never seen that video before.
Which one?

Gut Gasher Gulch
Crevasse of No Return
Dead Dave Cave
Bloody Buddy Bluff
Pelvis Pincher Peak
Carcass Collector Canyon
Missing Miner Mine
Avalanche Arbor
Crushed Ribcage Ridge
Dead Dude's Ditch
You'd think but no

It doesn't work. There is a cave diving spot called the temple of doom, but dumbasses keep diving there lol

Folks don't care if the caves get sealed or not. They go behind and undo the gates and go in

Giving them dangerous and tough names and advertising that people die there probably makes them more popular lol.

200w.gif

I don't even like laying flat and crawling under my bed to get something.

Watching the short cave diving clips and the movie The Descent is all I needed to know that it's not for me.

Giving them dangerous and tough names and advertising that people die there probably makes them more popular lol.
I never thought I say this but... Isn't this exclusively some white people sh**? I guess it's those leftover "need to explore everything" genes?

I never thought I say this but... Isn't this exclusively some white people sh**? I guess it's those leftover "need to explore everything" genes?
I also have the impression that this kind of thing (caving, mountaineering, wingsuiting, motorbike jumping etc.) is most popular with Whites, but I don't have any stats or anything to confirm that.

I think this is one of those hobbies that starts off innocently enough.

It's probably quite fun exploring the beginner caves, when you're booked onto a group with experienced guides who know the cave like the back of their hands, and have plans and experience for extracting people if somebody gets in trouble.

That experience is only fun for the first few times though, and when people get a bug for it, they have to keep pushing things further and further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back