If another version of Myspace came out today

Facebook improved on what Myspace was, which is why it took over

Things are pretty much set now

It wouldn't change anything. We all knew Myspace was always gay.

There’s a neutered version of MySpace called SpaceHey. Well, it’s pretty much just the same layouts with bulletins and comments (journals too I think?). Last I checked (and it was awhile ago) you couldn’t add profile music or a photo gallery. I feel like a big part of MySpace was the music scene on it.

Zuckerberg knows that superior technology is Facebooks greatest threat; that's why he's invested in the metaverse. The problem is that the technology isn't there yet for a good user experience.

It would be tough for another "Myspace" type social media platform to thrive just given how popular the other platforms are.

I think if a company went the niche route and focused on specific parts of the music scene (for example) and expand slowly from there, they might do ok. I had a friend who used Myspace until just a few years ago because bands he liked were active on there.

Maybe niche interest social media platforms will be more of a thing, who knows. I loved how you could add a ton of personality to a Myspace page with music and other fun customizations. Nowadays you have to do that through your posts, which not everyone likes to do. Sometimes you just wanna put up an emo song with a black background, set your top 8, and be done with it, nah mean?

Last edited:
I legitimately don't get Twitter.

What is it, thirty characters or less?

How'd it get so big?

I don't see anything taking over Facebook. Too many middle aged folks on there.

I don't get why facebook beat myspace. myspace was much better.

but myspace fucked over millions when they deleted all the info in their accounts
I could never figure that one out either. Myspace was way better than Facebook. Especially at the time.

I loved MySpace and live journal … they have tried to bring back MySpace a few times I know Justin Timberlake bought it at some point .. I think

It would be tough for another "Myspace" type social media platform to thrive just given how popular the other platforms are.

I think if a company went the niche route and focused on specific parts of the music scene (for example) and expand slowly from there, they might do ok. I had a friend who used Myspace until just a few years ago because bands he liked were active on there.

Maybe niche interest social media platforms will be more of a thing, who knows. I loved how you could add a ton of personality to a Myspace page with music and other fun customizations. Nowadays you have to do that through your posts, which not everyone likes to do. Sometimes you just wanna put up an emo song with a black background, set your top 8, and be done with it, nah mean?
Small bands kept MySpace alive forever it seems. Did it finally die??

I could never figure that one out either. Myspace was way better than Facebook. Especially at the time.
Because it was different back then, at first it was all young people on MySpace. It was our place in the world. Then older people started getting on too and Facebook pops up and guess what? You used to have to have a college email to join. So it was the “new place” where just our age group was.

Then they changed that and everyone went there.

The younger demographics don’t really use Facebook. Something new is always popping up and the younger crowd goes to it , until old people (us now lol) show up then a new thing pops up.
MySpace-Facebook-Snapchat Now it’s tick tok, something new will pop up for the next young crowd now that old people are getting on tic tok.

I don't get why facebook beat myspace. myspace was much better.

but myspace fucked over millions when they deleted all the info in their accounts

Facebook is for friends and family to connect. Myspace was for random people to connect. Facebook is real people talking to each other. Myspace was anonymous people talking to each other.

Back