If Anderson returns: who should he fight and who wants to fight him?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just saw a thread on Tim Kennedy wanting to fight Anderson Silva on his return. I saw another poster saying that Anderson should get a bigger name. I didn't want to sidetrack his thread so I'll start a different thread with this question.

If Anderson returns: who should he fight and who wants to fight him?

There maybe some out there that would be good, large name fights, but they may not want to fight Anderson for some reason, say they are next in line for a title shot.

Bisping is all that makes sense.

Or GSP if they can get him back :)

The thread under this says Tim Kennedy wants to fight him.

Bisping would be a good match. Challenging, but not top 3 level difficulty either.

As an Anderson fan I want to see him get some easy matchups to finish off his career with a win. Of course he had to fuck it up by roiding (allegedly) in the Diaz fight so now I really need to see him go out on a real win. Or if he retires I'd be cool with that too. The most ideal situation is he comes back wins, passes drug tests and rides off into the sunset. If he goes the way of Big Nog I will be seriously butthurt

The thread under this says Tim Kennedy wants to fight him.

Yes, that's what I said in the OP. I didn't want to sidetrack his thread though.

Some were saying Kennedy wouldn't be a big enough name. So I was wondering who would be a worthy opponent with enough name recognition and ranking.

Weidman (if rockhold beats him)

Weidman 3

go-to-hell.gif

As an Anderson fan I want to see him get some easy matchups to finish off his career with a win. Of course he had to fuck it up by roiding (allegedly) in the Diaz fight so now I really need to see him go out on a real win. Or if he retires I'd be cool with that too. The most ideal situation is he comes back wins, passes drug tests and rides off into the sunset. If he goes the way of Big Nog I will be seriously butthurt

Since when is it allegedly ? Are we pretending or something ? I didn't get the memo.

In England would be huge, Anderson used to be Cage Rage MW champion.

A fight in England would most likely be a Fight Night card and I don't see the UFC putting Anderson on a free card. Bisping is the perfect opponent as I don't see either guy ever fighting for the title. Rather have that than Kennedy trying to lay on Silva.

Since when is it allegedly ? Are we pretending or something ? I didn't get the memo.

I'm not keeping up to date with wtf is going on with his constant requests to have it pushed back and stuff. I do recall some 3rd party lab tested negative for the results. Do I think he roided? Yeah, I think he did for the Diaz fight. Only reason I am using "allegedly" is because they haven't dished out their decision/punishment yet. I am expecting him to get at least a year suspension.

Come on dude, Weidman cannot get flukey 3 times with Andy

True. Anderson via flying knee

i was all for kennedy until i saw the post on this thread about bisping. that is right on. make it happen. either would be great to gauge anderson's relevance.

Maybe at this point we can skip the pointless fights, and just do Anderson vs. GSP (since there's a rumor that he's returning too.)

Back