Idk if this has been discussed, but about Ben Hendersons toothpick @ UFC on Fox

BayStyles

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After the 4th round while he goes to his corner to sit on the stool, Ben Henderson slightly brings the toothpick out of his mouth.

The trainer on the left tells him "SLOW THAT BREATHING DOWN" while the one on the right whispers to him "put that toothpick in your mouth, put that toothpick in your mouth". He said it real quietly but it got picked up by the mic.

Thought it was pretty funny :icon_conf

Nope. It's never been talked about!

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Anywho, I know the toothpick in general has been talked about (like him showing it after round 3, and after the fight) but this was during the 60 second timeout after the 4th round that wasn't shown on the UFC on Fox broadcast, so I thought I would mention it

What!!!!!!! You're joking TS.... I don't believe you

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Anywho, I know the toothpick in general has been talked about (like him showing it after round 3, and after the fight) but this was during the 60 second timeout after the 4th round that wasn't shown on the UFC on Fox broadcast, so I thought I would mention it

So u knew it was talked about ad nauseum, but thought it was still thread worthy a month later because everyone talked about it except for the 60 second break after round 4? I stand corrected...

So u knew it was talked about ad nauseum, but thought it was still thread worthy a month later because everyone talked about it except for the 60 second break after round 4? I stand corrected...

Yep. This isn't a topic just saying he had a toothpick in his mouth, which everyone knew.

It's a topic about what specifically happened in between rounds 4 and 5, that also had to do with the toothpick. Don't be butthurt.

Bendo's crazy fighting with a toothpick in his mouth. That's one of the most amazing feats. a fighter has done in a fight before. Seriously, that's legit dangerous. How or why he does that is beyond me.

Bendo's crazy fighting with a toothpick in his mouth. That's one of the most amazing feats. a fighter has done in a fight before. Seriously, that's legit dangerous. How or why he does that is beyond me.

Yeah I don't get how it started lol. Maybe one day he decided to have a sparring session right after eating, was picking his teeth, forgot about it and left it in his mouth.

No? Oh...well shit.

Let him fight with it,it's no big deal.
Everyone makes a fuss about nothing.

Funny!
Although I have noticed, having a toothpick in your mouth can make you more relaxed.
Books say if your brains have something that can keep you constantly busy, it can greatly reduce the amount of stress by not giving you time to think about upcoming events.

I'd hardly say fighting with a toothpick in your mouth is "nothing".

I don't care if he does it, but it definitely is dangerous.....and weird:eek:

I hope you're joking. Even though Bendo says he trains with it all the time, it still doesn't take away from the fact that it is dangerous. He can choke on it, puncture the inside of his mouth, or even injure his opponent.

I hope you're joking. Even though Bendo says he trains with it all the time, it still doesn't take away from the fact that it is dangerous. He can choke on it, puncture the inside of his mouth, or even injure his opponent.

Well, injuring his opponent is highly unlikely

Not only it is very dangerous for Bendo but imagine if he got injured because of it, the bad advertising it would be for the sport.

Awful, the SAC should really look into it and fine Bendo heavily as an example.

Yep. This isn't a topic just saying he had a toothpick in his mouth, which everyone knew.

It's a topic about what specifically happened in between rounds 4 and 5, that also had to do with the toothpick. Don't be butthurt.

Lol, I think it's clear who here is butthurt. 'Solid' try though...

Well, injuring his opponent is highly unlikely

Not only it is very dangerous for Bendo but imagine if he got injured because of it, the bad advertising it would be for the sport.

Awful, the SAC should really look into it and fine Bendo heavily as an example.

My brain tells me that your trolling and that i shouldn't rise to it.

Are you guys serious?He's been training/fighting with that for years.He's not going to get injured now.He keeps it in his mouth,it cant injure his opponent lol.

And Michael,What brain? :icon_chee

Of course it is dangerous. There are any number of unlikely but realistically possible ways in which serious injury could occur as a direct result of the toothpick.

The casual response from officials indicates yet another discrepancy in the UFC's faith in their mainstream potential. The other issues including the deranged president, the outrageously bloody fights, and the fact that most people really aren't comfortable sitting around watching cage fighting.

If he ever gets knocked out with that toothpick in hes gonna regret it.

Back