Ideally Gus should fight Davis while waiting for Jones - Texeira winner

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think it's the fight that makes the most sense but the big question is....would the two fight each others since they are BFF now and have been training together for a while. I mean :

- Davis is on a 3 fights winning streak and close to the title picture. Won his last fight against a top 5 LHW in Machida
- Davis has already defeated Gus
- Gus only loss other than Jones is Davis
- Another win by Davis against Gus would cement his place as a top LHW + most likely a title shot
- It would be the perfect opportunity and timing to make the fight considering where both fighters stand in the division right now

Now i know it probably won't happen but logically it's the fight to make as far as im concerned

I think the winner of Rashad/Hendo or Rogerio Nogueira would be better. Would be better to keep both around for title contention so the UFC has wiggle room.

I don't think they'll fight. I'd love to see him fight Mousasi if he doesnt decide to go to 85.

As the above poster said, he could fight Chael/Rashad or Lil Nog. He may get an easy fight (Jimmo/Manuwa winner or someone similar) just to get back into the win column.

i think they said they'd fight eachother if it was for the title.

I've been wanting Alex Gustafsson to fight Lil Nog since it was first announced (Thiago Silva took his place last April). I STILL want this fight, even more so now that he beat Rashad. Both men are boxing-based and it could be a very exciting fight, especially for boxing fans (and MMA fans that love boxing-based MMA fighters vs. each other). Plus, Lil Nog is a legit Top 10 LHW. Dan Henderson could be an option too.

I think he'll fight either Rashad (win or lose), Lil Nog or my ideal match up Hendo/Vitor winner.

As the above poster said, he could fight Chael/Rashad or Lil Nog. He may get an easy fight (Jimmo/Manuwa winner or someone similar) just to get back into the win column.

Rankings-wise Manuwa would be an "easy" fight, on paper, and likely in reality too because Manuwa isn't that well rounded. However, Manuwa is a very strong finisher, much like Glover, and he has serious power and brutal striking (a full arsenal too). He has double threats going for him (like Cro-Cop had), a great asset to have as a striker, and he's a beast. Down the line, if Manuwa continues to improve and do well, I'd like to see him and Glover throw down. It could be an awesome fight in the future (just not right now).

Feed him with Lil Nog, Gus will win without much problem and maybe gets a nice flash KO, promo material for dat rematch

Do not understand whatsoever why people want to see him fight Lil Nog. He has literally nothing for Alex. He's waaaay past his prime, and is a shell of his former self at this point. (No disrespect meant).

Feed him with Lil Nog, Gus will win without much problem and maybe gets a nice flash KO, promo material for dat rematch

As a fan, why would you want to watch a fight where we already know who the winner is most likely gonna be? Maybe as a UFC exec yes, but as a fan that's a stupid way to think.

Yes, a lack of clear matches other than his bff is a problem for Gus, and one of the main reasons why it's stupid to not do the rematch now. I guess he'll wait for Chael/Evans winner or Cormier at LHW.

Do not understand whatsoever why people want to see him fight Lil Nog. He has literally nothing for Alex. He's waaaay past his prime, and is a shell of his former self at this point. (No disrespect meant).

Because the fight was originally announced and made last April. Both men are good boxers (by MMA standards). It's an intriguing match up. Lil Nog is very underrated, he's a pretty good boxer (with the credentials to prove it) and has good TDD and submissions (he armbarred Hendo in 2005). He's also coming off a complete ass whooping (1st round) of Tito and beating Rashad pretty easily.

Yea let's see Gus fight Phil Davis the same guy that let him into his Gym and help him train for the Jon Jones fight. Not cool I don'y think Gus would be interested in that at all.

Rashad/Chael winner makes the most rankings sense, but I'd be down with him fighting Little Nog. That would be a great fight. Mousasi fight would be cool, too, although I think Alex would annihilate him.

Gus and Davis already said they won't fight unless it's for the title. Besides why would the UFC have it's two best challengers face each other when they hardly have enough challengers as it is.

I think the Davis match up is good. Could headline a Fox card no problem.

Little Nog is the only correct answer. An "out there" suggestion would be Feijao. Major step down rankingswise but a good fight.

This isn't a HW situation where there's a clear top 2 that are miles above the rest.

Jones has other fights before he starts recycling opponents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back