I'd appreciate TJ's whining more if...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BEER, Jan 21, 2019.

1. BEER

BEER Resident Feminist Platinum Member

...he apologized for the stoppage against Cody in the second fight.

TJ said he'd never be happy about that kind of win when his most recent victory came against a guy who was still standing and showing head movement when the fight was called.

He looked damn happy about it.

2. Hotora86

Hotora86 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jon Jones set the example: never apologize for anything, cheat, lie and get away with it.
    Oh, and whine whenever you fuck up.

Paulsp, Ah Man, shankmcgank and 12 others like this.
  3. Fearthekhabib

Fearthekhabib Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Insert ”he’s right ya know “ gif

Haj01, Hotora86 and drbolony like this.
  4. Washad

Washad Blue Belt

[​IMG]
    Yeah, this fkn guy... Hurrdurrhurr.

Tomas, wwkirk, Norcim and 5 others like this.
  5. LetThemBleed

LetThemBleed Green Belt

[​IMG]

275others, Answer and Hotora86 like this.
  6. Clear Winner

Clear Winner Big Poppa Pars

He got pushed over like a little boy. It was hilarious!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  7. littleralphy

littleralphy Orange Belt

I don't see how he can complain, every time he got hit he fell to the floor.

8. Polymer

Polymer White Belt

In the last Cody/TJ fight, Cody had taken some really hard hard shots and was only standing because he's one tough MF...but his hands weren't up..he wasn't moving his head....His eyes were completely glazed over and his hands were "up" as in near his chest but that's just instincts....but an equivalent stoppage would've been while Cody was getting knocked down and taking shots and trying to get up....so basically halfway through the damage taking.

TJ definitely got rocked...and likely he would've been finished anyways...but they needed to give it more time...He took some ok shots but nothing really very solid and he was still moving to defend himself.

It'll be an interesting fight at 135...it could be Cejudo is just too fast for TJ...but TJ looked sickly for weigh in..I can't imagine that helped him at all...

And in case it matters...I'm not a TJ fan at all...if anything the opposite...

9. Phi-

Phi- Green Belt

Seems we have to scrap 135 now instead of 125. Crap division.

rurouni, BaconBoi and Paul Harvey like this.
  10. Gmork

Gmork Orange Belt

The stoppage vs Cody wasn't a flash stoppage. He had already knocked him down with a headkick, Cody was hurt, he dropped him with a clean punch and followed him down and continued pounding as Cody was turtled up, unresponsive. Cody wasn't scrambling, he wasn't grabbing a leg, he was just sitting still after being dropped, getting bombed on. I thought that stoppage was okay.

11. PubliusVentidius

PubliusVentidius Galore Bofando is the GOAT crew

Early droppage imo.

12. Polymer

Polymer White Belt

Yeah exactly..he was standing but he was out...he had just taken a huge knee and getting lit up. He was standing but completely out of it. When it was stopped he wasn't even sure what was happening...

13. Humungus

Humungus Purple Belt

there are 4 different kinds of ref stoppages:
    1. Obviously Early / unjustified
    2. Justifiable, but outcome not 100% certain
    3. Outcome certain
    4. Late stoppage

The Cejudo / TJ fight was a #2. Not horrible by any stretch and certainly justifiable. But the outcome was not 100% certain, and we're seen people come back from worse (Glover got knocked out like twice earlier in the night and won still)

When you have had 2 or 3 flash knockouts /serious rockings in 25 seconds and are flopping around on the canvas you can't complain that the fight gets stopped. I don't think it was a terrible stoppage and I don't think it changed the outcome.

14. PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin Black Belt

Should just shitcan both... and WMMA.

Make (the) UFC great again.

15. littleralphy

littleralphy Orange Belt

Chump Champ

16. Organic Damage

Organic Damage Dancing on the ashes of the World

I don't remember Cody being as salty about that loss as TJ is being now, but then again I'm getting old.

17. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

I honestly don’t understand how anyone can be a fan of this guy. Even Cyborg who complains constantly about everything sat in front of those cameras and gav3 her opponent respect and credit for beating her.

Think about it. 4 losses, 2 by KO/tko, 2 by decision, and this fuckin guy denies every single one of them. It’s so bad it’s actually becoming hilarious.

How a fighter handles defeat is the true marker of a professional. Not if he/she makes weight, or wins and losses etc. Cruz is the gold standard for handling a loss. DC, Cyborg, Conor all have followed his lead and are true professionals. Ronda, Luke, Tyler Jeffery, all have tarnished their legacy with their behavior.

18. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

I pretty much agree with this... except I think most people lean toward #3 as being the ideal, when really if you're a ref it's not the certainty of the outcome you're concerned about. It's the protection of the fighter.

(i.e. #2 is probably closer to the ideal stoppage than #3 in almost every circumstance... even though under certain circumstances, like a championship fight with high stakes including very real present and future ramifications on income for the fighters, it's arguable that a ref might be justified to weigh the risk/reward a little bit differently and lean more toward #3.)

Humungus likes this.
  19. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

Even when he is hangin with the booyyyyzzzzzz, Cody takes those losses like a man. I don’t recall him denying either of them. Thought he even said that he didn’t take TJ seriously enough or respect his power.

20. Humungus

Humungus Purple Belt

Exactly, from a viewer and fighter standpoint getting the outcome right with no uncertainty is the #1 thing, but for the refs fighter safety is more important, so they (should) always lean in that direction.

The controversy of an uncertain outcome is definitely preferable to the controversy of a dead or seriously injured fighter.

jeremyemilio likes this.