Icons 3. Cotto, Malignaggi, Judah sit down

I don’t know if I’d call Judah an icon and I sure rell wouldn’t call Paulie one.

Link/video works for me.

Need Paulie back on the mic. Somehow he's brilliant.

yea, Icon may be a stretch, but it's cool to see three fighters shoot the shit
Meh, I disagree. Most fighters coming up won't accomplish a fraction of what these guys did. All 3 were top guys, good draws and world class level fighters- boxing stars, all 3.

@Seano yea not disputing these were good/great fighters. just not sure I would go with the title of "icon."

I would consider Cotto an icon out of the three.

Zab Judah, a guy who maybe needed some therapy, better management,

Paulie Mag, good fighter with good boxing skills . could have been "great" had he had a little more power.

Was about to post this. Paulie didn't start boxing until 16. I like his story of learning discipline after getting expelled from school from being a troublemaker and re-building his confidence after family troubles.

<mma4>

If you scan the vid through the bar it looks like Paulie talked the whole way through tho.

Doug Fischer btw is a really good boxing commentator. Idk why so many subpar people get commenting opportunities over him.

Cotto was an icon. Paulie and Zab ? Good fighters in their era but dont think they qualify as icons. Nevertheless I enjoyed watching them for years

Back