ice bucket AC

genki sugoi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone make one of these? It's supposed to start getting hot here this weekend so think I'll try to make one.

Not a bad idea. I don't have the right tools currently to build one. If I did I'd probably give it a go.

Pretty cool!

futuramafry.jpg

Not sure if pun.....

I rocked a swamp cooler for awhile and I'm guessing the concept and results are similar. For me it kind of worked, but it really kicks up the humidity in the room and can exacerbate mold issues.

I rocked a swamp cooler for awhile and I'm guessing the concept and results are similar. For me it kind of worked, but it really kicks up the humidity in the room and can exacerbate mold issues.

icepackcooler.png

Homemade-gel-ice-packs-500x332.5475310_std.jpg

This one was made with Dawn dish soap, which apparently does everything. What's good about the Dawn ice pak is you can mold it to fit. Like if you need to ice your knee.

if you have the $ for those tools, how do you not have $ for AC?

This was AC back in the day before freon. The first widely recognized use of it was for a US President that they rigged it for to fight his respiratory issues.

Would only be practical if the fan and freezers electrical usages were less than a AC unit for the same BTU.

I lived in a shitty old apartment where my ac would quickly blow fuses, this looks like a more refined version of the swamp blower I would use.

really has nothing to do w/ OP, but I want to rid eone of these into work and park it in the Vice-Preses' parking spot.

Lebron James could've used one of these last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back