Media I went to UFC London 2.0

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a great weekend it was:D

My friends and I touched down in London thursday afternoon. Unfortunately we were a bit late, so we weren’t able to attend the press-conference.
Instead we went out for dinner and grabbed some cold beers in a traditional British pub afterwards:cool:

We spoke to some local guys and also talked about combat sports, and after my friends told them I trained with Overeem while showing the training-photo, one big English dude asked me for a pic, lol

upload_2023-3-27_2-11-33.jpeg

The next day we went to the ceremonial weigh-ins, but moments before we entered the O2 I met fellow Sherdogger @Buff, who brought a kind gift for me

upload_2023-3-27_4-45-54.jpeg

Check out @Buff ’s legendary thread for more pics from our meeting and the full story:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-weigh-in-shoop-dat-buff-and-maurits.4283274/

Later that night we went to a pub

upload_2023-3-27_2-39-14.jpeg

… which happened to have an underground kinda techno-music blasting basement, below the cozy pub upstairs

All of a sudden some English bloke came in, who grabbed the mic and started rapping some random hard lines out of nowhere, really impressive and cool, check it out:cool:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/09dQLmUCUjaNxGEL7ZBoCVdsQ

Then it was saturday, the big day with UFC 286 around the corner!
We moved our asses to the O2 in time for the UFC fan-experience.
When we arrived we heard about the queue for the fighter meet&greet. We got told it was hella long, like almost 2 hours, so my two mates went for something else.
I decided to try and take a look at the queue, which indeed was insanely long. I wasn’t going to waste 2 hours of my time so I walked back, and that’s when I saw three guys with Italian flags. I approached them and talked to them about Vettori and some other MMA-related stuff. I was in a conversation with those guys for about a few minutes when I realized they were only 30 minutes away from the end of the queue, so I kindly asked them if they wouldn’t mind if I stayed with them:D (which saved me a lot of time)
Grazie, fratelli!<RomeroSalute>

upload_2023-3-27_3-19-59.jpeg

Then I met Joanna (again)

upload_2023-3-27_3-50-52.jpeg

And Tom Aspinall

upload_2023-3-27_3-45-59.jpeg

upload_2023-3-27_3-46-39.jpeg

I also practiced my walkout in case somebody had to pull out (Colby only was there as a second back-up fighter, in case I got injured)

zEJEMs2.gif

And I did a promotional photoshoot with the belt

upload_2023-3-27_4-9-13.jpeg

Then we went inside the Arena and enjoyed a total of 15 fights:cool:

upload_2023-3-27_4-18-49.jpeg

What a weekend! Cheers Sherbro’s

upload_2023-3-27_4-23-16.jpeg

I went to UFC London 1.0:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-ufc-london-and-had-a-blast.4248630/

Last edited:
Got damn, you must be filthy rich. You're living the good life, BM. Giving us Sherbros a great name out in the wild.

One thing is for certain...

No one will ever tell you, 'You sound poor' and really mean it on the boards.

My friends and I touched down in London thursday afternoon. Unfortunately we were a bit late, so we weren’t able to attend the press-conference.
Instead we went out for dinner and grabbed some cold beers in a traditional British pub afterwards:cool:

We spoke to some local guys and also talked about combat sports, and after my friends told them I trained with Overeem while showing the training-photo, one big English dude asked me for a pic, lol

View attachment 975978

The next day we went to the ceremonial weigh-ins, but moments before we entered the O2 I met fellow Sherdogger @Buff, who brought a kind gift for me

View attachment 976010

Check out @Buff’s legendary thread for more pics from our meeting and the full story:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-weigh-in-shoop-dat-buff-and-maurits.4283274/

View attachment 975983

… which happened to have an underground kinda techno-music blasting basement, below the cozy pub upstairs

All of a sudden some English bloke came in, who grabbed the mic and started rapping some random hard lines out of nowhere, really impressive and cool, check it out:cool:

When we arrived we heard about the queue for the fighter meet&greet. We got told it was hella long, like almost 2 hours, so my two mates went for something else.
I decided to try and take a look at the queue, which indeed was insanely long. I wasn’t going to waste 2 hours of my time so I walked back, and that’s when I saw three guys with Italian flags. I approached them and talked to them about Vettori and some other MMA-related stuff. I was in a conversation with those guys for about a few minutes when I realized they were only 30 minutes away from the end of the queue, so I kindly asked them if they wouldn’t mind if I stayed with them:D (which saved me a lot of time)

View attachment 975987

View attachment 975998

And Tom Aspinall

View attachment 975994

View attachment 975995

I also practiced my walkout in case somebody had to pull out (Colby only was there as a second back-up fighter, in case I got injured)

zEJEMs2.gif

View attachment 976003

View attachment 976005

View attachment 976007

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-ufc-london-and-had-a-blast.4248630/
Living the dream, Shermano! Looks like you could go toe-to-toe with Aspinall!
You'll obviously smash Joanna ---- oops, I mean, you know.
Chad Mau!

Got damn, you must be filthy rich. You're living the good life, BM. Giving us Sherbros a great name out in the wild.

One thing is for certain...

No one will ever tell you, 'You sound poor' and really mean it on the boards.
We be living the high life vicariously through @BoxerMaurits
<{outtahere}>

View attachment 975978

View attachment 976010

Check out @Buff ’s legendary thread for more pics from our meeting and the full story:

View attachment 975983

View attachment 975987

View attachment 975998

And Tom Aspinall

View attachment 975994

View attachment 975995

zEJEMs2.gif

View attachment 976003

View attachment 976005

View attachment 976007

These threads make my fuckin day sir.
Great pics, beautiful write up, and it felt like we were there with you man.

One question...same as last time...how did Joanna smell? Lol

View attachment 975978

View attachment 976010

View attachment 975983

View attachment 975987

View attachment 975998

And Tom Aspinall

View attachment 975994

View attachment 975995

zEJEMs2.gif

View attachment 976003

View attachment 976005

View attachment 976007

I didn’t make it to the international broadcast like last time

9P5um9t.gif

But atleast my guy Leon got the W!

View attachment 976015

I was able to get some nice shots from the walkouts aswell

View attachment 976016
Thats fucking AWESOME!!!!

What was Joanna up to? Just watching fights or was she there on business?

Back