• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I was given 2 AVACADO'S..what the hell can I do with them?

onlinewarrior**

White Belt
Reaction score
I know Avacados are healthy, but what the hell can I do with them. How can I "cook" them?

AvocadoPhoto.jpg

throw the pit away, sprinkle some pepper and lemon juice on it, grab a spoon and enjoy.

smash it up with some salsa, eat it.

put it on a sandwich, eat it.

ive never cooked an avacado, never seen one cooked either.

Don't cook them. As PUO/ said, mcut them up and eat those fuckers. You have to wait until they're ripe, if they are the same as the ones in your picture, they should be a bit soft. They honestly don't have a strong flavour, or much flavour at all. You can mash them up and put some salt, lemon juice and a bit of garlic with them and eat it with tortilla chips or on toast.

I don't know if it's 'Dieting & Suppliments' approved recipe :icon_lol: but I would;

chop them into slices
fry some bacon in olive oil; chop up 2 tomatoes and throw them on the crisped bacon, along with some red wine vinegar & dijon mustard

then pour all that on the avocados and eat

sorry it's not the healthy option :icon_lol:

I know Avacados are healthy, but what the hell can I do with them. How can I "cook" them?

AvocadoPhoto.jpg

Nah, you just eat them raw. Cut it in half, take out the pit, then take the green part out and toss the skin. You can crush up the green part and make guacamole, or slice it up and its good on sandwiches or a salad or in mexican food like on a taco or in a burrito, or just eat it.

They are super good, you can't really go wrong no matter what you do. They're pretty healthy but they do have a lot of fat in them for a vegetable so it's not super good to eat a ton of them all the time.

Take a very sharp knife, insert it into the side of the avocado and slice around the fruit longways until you've cut all the way around. Twist the two halves to separate them, and they should look like your picture, with the pit in one half. Take the pit half in your palm, fingers out of the way, and thwack your knife hard in the pit, so that you bury the blade a half inch or so into the pit. You can try again if you miss, but the more you try the more likely you are to split the pit and make removing it more of a pain. Once you've embedded the knife in the pit, gently twist back and forth with the knife until you work it loose from the fruit. Then pry it off the blade and chuck it. Finally, you want to take a decent sized spoon and work it around the edge of the avocado between the fruit and the skin, working down underneath to separate the flesh from the rind completely. That's how to peel and pit an avocado!

As others have said, you don't cook an avocado. One of my favorite ways to eat one is as a sort of simple guac. I dice up the avocado halves and toss them in a bowl with two cloves of finely diced garlic, a little salt, pepper, and some lemon juice. Then I fry up some cubed chicken breast with cumin and thyme and use the chicken chunks on my fork to scoop the avocado mash out of the bowl, eating it as a condiment like guacamole.

Avocados are the bomb! Just make sure they're nice and soft before you slice them open, and keep them away from air. Guacamole is better if you let it set for a few hours, but too long and the avocado turns unpleasantly brown and mushy. When you store it, make sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface of the guac, and it'll keep for a good while.

I don't know if it's 'Dieting & Suppliments' approved recipe :icon_lol: but I would;

chop them into slices
fry some bacon in olive oil; chop up 2 tomatoes and throw them on the crisped bacon, along with some red wine vinegar & dijon mustard

then pour all that on the avocados and eat

sorry it's not the healthy option :icon_lol:

That sounds tasty as hell. I'm always in favor of bacon. I also like to make a salad out of spinach and mustard greens, with avocado, parmesan cheese, bacon, chicken, and oil and vinegar. The delicious fattiness of an avocado enhances a lot of simple meals.

My favorite way to eat them is with a fried egg and sriracha on toast. I also sometimes cut em up and put on salads or in mashed potatoes.

This thread is kinda funny. TS is banned and dumbfounded by the complexity of an avacado.

Salt + pepper + garlic powder, grab a spoon and eat 'em right out of the skins.

664591_870959923012_107051615_o.jpg

178642_865504590542_326567925_o.jpg

Slice it in half, around the pit, so its two halves.

Scoop out the flesh so you have two whole halves.

Bare minimum:
Salt and pepper

Bonus points:
1-2 tbsp of:
Salsa
Bleu cheese dressing/chunks
sour cream
feta cheese (especially combined with above)
chia seeds
walnuts

I personally cannot stomach avocados in guacamole or cooked form but when eaten raw like this and combined with some stuff it is arguably one of my favorite foods.

Make guacamole.

Throw them into your protein shakes (blender required).

If OP is banned he wont be reading the responses, but fuckit, avocados are awesome.

Mash them up, mix them with cooked ground beef/bison/etc, have that shit for breakfast, profit! Throw a couple fried eggs (yolk in tact and still gooey) on top if you really want a hardon. I haven't made this in quite a while, just the thought/reminder is causing a stirring in my pants.

This just made me think to perhaps wilt some spinach+garlic in with the ground meat prior to mixing, then with all the rest of it there is nothing but hot, nasty, badass win to this...

664591_870959923012_107051615_o.jpg

178642_865504590542_326567925_o.jpg

Slice it in half, around the pit, so its two halves.

Scoop out the flesh so you have two whole halves.

Bare minimum:
Salt and pepper

Bonus points:
1-2 tbsp of:
Salsa
Bleu cheese dressing/chunks
sour cream
feta cheese (especially combined with above)
chia seeds
walnuts

I personally cannot stomach avocados in guacamole or cooked form but when eaten raw like this and combined with some stuff it is arguably one of my favorite foods.

man you know how to fucking eat

God damn I love avocados. That said, i've never heard anyone ask what to do with an avocado...

Balsamic vinegar on those bad boys is the best tasting in my opinion. I also like to slice them up and put them on a burger

Ts is gone but for the other readers try this.

Make a sandwich with Hummus, avocado and tomato's... its my favorite.

Back