I want to see Nate Diaz fight but wouldn’t mind if he got a more fitting opponent

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dustin ain’t even a real hitter compared to Nate Diaz

So what if the fight gets called off? Dustin would be diving for takedowns and panic wrestling first round like he did vs Pettis

No need for Nate to come back after two years just to see him get cage hugged for 15 minutes.

Nate should be headlining a PPV, thoughts?

Nate is a C level fighter and Dustin would finish him

Dustin is the perfect opponent for him. A striker with a dodgy chin and Not great wrestling and inferior BJJ and cardio. Tell me someone more favourable that is legit?

I love the matchup especially because the Diamond is in it. Poirier will deliver.

Dustin ain’t even a real hitter compared to Nate Diaz

So what if the fight gets called off? Dustin would be diving for takedowns and panic wrestling first round like he did vs Pettis

No need for Nate to come back after two years just to see him get cage hugged for 15 minutes.

Nate should be headlining a PPV, thoughts?
nate sucks he has gotten beat up badly many times, which is why he is slurring his words and cant think straight

I like Nate. But he's always been mid-tier. "No Need" to gas him up.

Dustin is the perfect opponent for him. A striker with a dodgy chin and Not great wrestling and inferior BJJ and cardio. Tell me someone more favourable that is legit?
After Duffy vs Dustin, I remember thinking my two dream fights were:
Dustin vs Nate
Cowboy vs Dustin

The dood is a dog and warrior and does not back down. I can easily see Dustin pointing a victory via leg kicks, TD's and clinch control, but the fight will be entertaining no matter what. Get ready for middle finger and trash talk galore.

They're clearly at the very least the same level of fighter.

Apparently some of my fellow Sherdoggers dont recall how Nate performs against pure strikers...

As long as he takes his camp seriously this fight could be an instant fan favorite.

I like Nate. But he's always been mid-tier. "No Need" to gas him up.
Mid-Tier?

<Huh2>

Did you see what he did to Cowboy? He is the only guy to win rounds (plural) off McGregor in the UFC. He can be beat, sure, but if you fight on his terms, get in a slugfest, he is as good as they come. Dustin is not one to point fight.

Mid-Tier?

<Huh2>

Did you see what he did to Cowboy? He is the only guy to win rounds (plural) off McGregor in the UFC. He can be beat, sure, but if you fight on his terms, get in a slugfest, he is as good as they come. Dustin is not one to point fight.
TBH Cerrone's always felt like a gatekeeper too, guys like him and Diaz have made a name for themselves because they're scrappers and their "I'll fight anyone" mentality. Which as a fan, who could ask for more? But from a ranking perspective....neither really touch the top 5 in their perspective divisions. Not to say there's not top 5 guys that they can't get a win over(i.e. Nate will beat Conor a "3rd" time) because he's the perfect blend stylistically.

I was hoping to see Nate vs Tony and Poirier vs Lee, as that would have been better utilization of all the top talent in the division without having to make any rematches.

But this fight is still awesome.

A more fitting opponent ?! Nate doesn’t deserve a number one contender fight and yet he’s getting one. What are you talking about ?!

TBH Cerrone's always felt like a gatekeeper too, guys like him and Diaz have made a name for themselves because they're scrappers and their "I'll fight anyone" mentality. Which as a fan, who could ask for more? But from a ranking perspective....neither really touch the top 5 in their perspective divisions. Not to say there's not top 5 guys that they can't get a win over(i.e. Nate will beat Conor a "3rd" time) because he's the perfect blend stylistically.
I guess it depends how you use the term gatekeeper, but if you mean it in the sense that if you beat them, you will get a TS and likely be champion, you're right. Diaz and Cerrone's more recent 155 losses have only come to champs, so in that sense, you are dead on. All of this is what made the Conor loss so shocking originally, as it was viewed like Conor had it in the bag.

But you are also right stylistically, that Conor lacked the physicality and wrestling, the 'stylistic blend' to pull an 'RDA' against Diaz. I guess Diaz is to brawling what Gregor Gillespie is to wrestling: they may not be the best complete fighters out there, but if you challenge them in their discipline, you will lose. I think we may be fortunate enough in that Dustin lacks the wrestling needed to out point Diaz, and we may get a brawl.

The ultimate Covingtard disses a guy for 'diving for takedowns and panic wrestling'

<36>

Kevin Lee vs Dustin Poirer makes more sense.
I think Lee steam rolls Dustin. Lee is like some kind of HW wrestling bull in the first round, probably much stronger than Khabib even, and I just can not see Dustin weathering the storm.

If Dustin beats Nate, that is his golden ticket to Conor. I'm guessing the Nate fight will also yield him much more money as well.

Like you and him together should? Or all of us on sherdog, except him should?

Lol, regardless, what a terrible attempt at an insult.
Hey man its probably been a rough week for him. Middle School started up again.

Back