I want Edson Barboza to fight for the belt

He deserves respect for his longevity, pretty amazing. But he never fought for the title for a reason. Throughout several generations of fighters he passed through now I can't really think of a time he could have been a champion.

He deserves respect for his longevity, pretty amazing. But he never fought for the title for a reason. Throughout several generations of fighters he passed through now I can't really think of a time he could have been a champion.
Edson lost every one of his title eliminator fights, unfortunate but it is what it is.

He’s no where near a title shot

Already covered in the op. We're just trying to finagle his way to a title shot with a winnable matchup.
I want my mother in law to not show up to my house un announced.

Where is this going? Santa? Jesus?
Did I mention giving the title shot outright?

Ortega presents a lot of the problems Mitchell did but he also has fast footwork which has seemed to give Barboza issues at FW.

Honestly with how his cardio has looked and the grit he showed against Sodiq Yussuf I think it's his most winnable top 5 fights but unless Ortega's striking fell off I see Barboza struggling with the same footwork KZ struggled with and he's gassed pretty bad against the last grappler he faced in Mitchell.... Even though Barboza stylistically matches up well as a striker with size and good TDD I just think he's pretty outskilled here.

Maybe we should just ask for something like Barboza vs Yair for the funsies instead. Watch a tornado of shin bones
Unfortunately Barboza has slowed down a bit and tends to load up on his punches. Yair is blazing fast with his punches and kicks, he’d light Edson up like a christmas tree :eek: and I’m a big Barboza fan. Watch his fight with Giga Chikadze and you’ll see what I mean.

Maybe Barboza could mix it up and land takedowns, he certainly is the better wrestler haha

Back