Television I used to dismiss THE CLONE WARS as a "kid's show" ...

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
... and sure, it has its "kiddie" elements, but DANG this show gets hardcore sometimes.

The good guys TORCHING the bad guys (living bad guys, not droids) using FLAME THROWERS, the show runners humanizing the clone troopers so we get to know some of them and root for them and then killing them, A JEDI TORTURED TO DEATH ON SCREEN!!!

Turns out this show was putting the WARS in Star Wars long before Rogue One.

Last edited:
the Genndy Tartakovsky one? it's good.

Great show for sure. I have a couple more season to watch, and then i’ll get started on Rebels.

Great show for sure. I have a couple more season to watch, and then i’ll get started on Rebels.

Then you'll be excited to hear they are rebooting it on Disney+ to air the final season they never finished. Rebels was a decent watch, but definitely more kid friendly than Clone Wars once the Mouse became the new emperor.

If you liked Clone Wars, you should give Rebels a chance. It takes place between the Clone Wars and A New Hope. And it has Ahsoka.
Personally I put Rebels at #3 over Return of the Jedi or the Clone Wars animated show.

Yeah and it expands on the universe with some crazy ways like the planet with the father, son, daughter etc
Can be some heavy stuff

Then you'll be excited to hear they are rebooting it on Disney+ to air the final season they never finished. Rebels was a decent watch, but definitely more kid friendly than Clone Wars once the Mouse became the new emperor.
Kanan's death is one of the most powerful scenes in all of Star Wars. Still gets me in the feels every time I watch it

Last edited:
The CGI one that went like 5 seasons, I think. It actually made you care about the disposable clone troopers, which is no mean feat.

The Tartakovsky one didn't last very long.

Yeah, that one was a lot of fun too, Tartakovsky pretty much always does great stuff, but I don't remember it having as many hardcore, brutal moments as the Filoni CG one.

Yeah and it expands on the universe with some crazy ways like the planet with the father, son, daughter etc
Can be some heavy stuff

I haven't made it as far any any "father, son, daughter" stuff yet, I'm only about halfway through S2, but I do really dig how much more massive the galaxy feels in this show than it does in the movies.

I didn't like so much of the focus being on the random clone troopers with their own special names and shit. I wanted more Jedi/Sith lightsaber stuff.

Yeah, that one was a lot of fun too, Tartakovsky pretty much always does great stuff, but I don't remember it having as many hardcore, brutal moments as the Filoni CG one.

I haven't made it as far any any "father, son, daughter" stuff yet, I'm only about halfway through S2, but I do really dig how much more massive the galaxy feels in this show than it does in the movies.
I'm almost done reading Darth Bane 1 and that's how I feel reading the book where you seem to get to know the characters better than in a movie's brief scenes here and there.

Yeah, it's easily my favorite Star Wars related property. It's just a really good show.

Still prefer og clone wars cartoon

Only 2 food star wars live action movies are Empire n Rouge 1. The animated series are better

I think it comes in season 3 when they start to explore the nature of the force and stuff- you'll know exactly what I mean by father/son/daughter when you get too it. I don't want to give much away. It's cool though

Amazing show, love it, so much good Star Wars info in there too.

I'm almost done reading Darth Bane 1 and that's how I feel reading the book where you seem to get to know the characters better than in a movie's brief scenes here and there.
Bane is by far my favorite Sith. He's considered canon as well

Bane is by far my favorite Sith. He's considered canon as well

I bought and watched the Clone Wars Lost Missions BluRay. That scene was really brief and not really substantive. I don't remember anything really good in that lost season.

Back