I think we all know Sean's going to lose, but we're enjoying a huge time in UFC history...

Fair point. I just thought Abus had more power and more overall weapons, and I e seen Strickland fight conservatively on a few occasions.

But I definitely am guilty of grossly underestimating him.

I totally feel you and I agree, his 19 second KO before the Strickland fight was badass. I just feel like abus got a major push because of ali and that irks me for some reason lol.

Anyone who sees themselves in Strickland should probably seek out therapy...pronto. Not a judgment, just an observation.

This, I like Sean but he’s been absolutely insufferable lately. We get it dude. You’re white trash and proud of it. Can he talk about something else for once?

Then again, the mma media seems to goad him with loaded questions.

The whole situation is just fucked and I’m ready for 297 to be over lol.

I kind of think Dricus has too much power and may stop Sean, but I also know to stop underestimating him after thinking both Izzy and Abus would clown him.

If this makes it past the third, it's anyone's fight imo.
Have you ever made a prediction?

DDp struggled with Darren Till after smashing him for 5 minutes. If Till had more than 6 brain cells he could have won. Let that sink in Biden fans.

I picked Strickland by decision. I don't think Dricus has 25 minutes in him tbh. He has to get it done quick or he's fucked.

Mark my words.

I am right 99% of the time.

I would gamble, but I live in a single wide trailer and my 2006 minivan doesn't have reverse. And I'm driving around without insurance.

What an odd take.

We do not all know Sean will lose.

Rooting for DDP but Strickland has Eric Nicksick.
Most fighters are picking Sean to win.

Fighters are wrong...a lot.

And they're wrong again.

They just like Sean.

I think Sean is just better than Dricus lol
Sean is the most underrated middleweight, and Dricus the most overrated. Sean has always been consistent, his striking, grappling, and cardio are all solid and have been for a long time, and he's only been improving. I really don't understand why people talk like he's some average fighter.

Dricus always looks shit, even when he wins, and Rob is his only good performance. I think Rob is better than Dricus too, and wins 8/10, that fight just happened to be one of those 2 where the stars align and Dricus wins, and I don't want to hear shit about 'cope', because I don't give a fuck about Rob losing, I genuinely think he is just better, even though he lost. Dricus was getting pieced up by fucking Darren Till, and that's Darren Till who got his ass whooped for 5 minutes first. I don't want to hear shit about nose surgery. If you can get to a #1 contender fight, then your nose can't be that bad.

People are acting like Sean struggles with power punchers, when he basically drew with Cannonier, who is a better technical striker and hits harder than Dricus. Got ktfo by Alex, cool. He tried to bang with him and got caught. Alex has been knocking people out left right and center, Dricus is no Alex.

I will not be surprised if Sean 50-45s and makes Dricus look like the sloppy no cardio bum that he normally is

how can DDP be overrated? he destroyed Whittaker when most you motherfuckers thought "Whittaker is too technical and DDP is a caveman in comparison" then he went in there and dusted Whittaker easy. now it's DDP is overrated when everyone just thought he sucked 1 fight ago? lol

DDp struggled with Darren Till after smashing him for 5 minutes. If Till had more than 6 brain cells he could have won. Let that sink in Biden fans.

Biden fans?

Are you saying if you struggle against Till then you suck?

Wow some very strong opinions on this thread.

I find DDP more relatable than Strickland. Sean is playing a character and it comes off as disingenuous. He says what he thinks will stir up the audience. On the other hand, DDP is consistently underrated and dismissed by fans and fighters who say he is too sloppy and unskilled to be at the top of the MMA mountain. I can get behind that and prefer someone that works hard and respects his opponents, let his fighting in the ring speak for itself.

I do agree with Sean when he said the UFC deserves a better champion than Izzy. It just wasn't him.

Sean's an underdog. A Cinderella story. I think a lot of us see ourselves in Sean, and he does a brilliant job of talking to the every day man, giving us hope and inspiration. It truly feels like he's one of us and he's given us a voice.

A lot of us are so hopeful that we've deluded ourselves.

DDP is a bull and can win in every way possible. Sean really only has one avenue to victory. Our hearts are with Sean, but our brains know better. DDP taps you and you're finished; he has 5 rounds to tap Sean once to end the fight, just like Poatan did.

This all makes me sad, but I'm happy Sean got his world stage for 15 minutes.
If you 'see yourself as sean' or relate to him in anyway you're probably a shit human being whom struggles to find company cos no body wants to be around you.

What the fuck does Biden have to do with anything you said? And y'all wonder why you never get invited to shit and people avoid you.

What the fuck does Biden have to do with anything you said? And y'all wonder why you never get invited to shit and people avoid you.
I think he's calling the people that disagree with him stupid or easily lead by misinformation. Not a fair assessment for DDP fans and an uncalled for insult.

I kind of think Dricus has too much power and may stop Sean, but I also know to stop underestimating him after thinking both Izzy and Abus would clown him.

If this makes it past the third, it's anyone's fight imo.
Good call. I was actually noticing that during the fignt around the time he cut Sean. The power difference is noticeable

Back