I Think People Are Really Overrating Khabib's Chances.

Khabib isn't stupid, despite that he's russian. He's not gonna get caught. He's gonna take McGregor down, and keep him there.

UNLESS McGregor knocks him out early. Khabib hasn't been hit with anything even closely resembling McG's left hand.

Who knows how he's gonna take that left hand shot? No one is gonna be able to take it if it lands perfectly clean.

Except Floyd

Khabib is a fantastic fighter. His top control is only rivaled by maybe DC or a prime Cain. He's relentless, and it's nearly impossible to get him off of you once he grabs you. But his style is tailor-made for a classic McGregor knockout. He leans forward, and doesn't move his head nearly enough off of the center line to avoid that big left hand of Mac. Khabib simply won't be able to avoid the KO shot for all 25 minutes. The fight starts on the feet all 5 rounds. With McGregors accuracy, he will surely be able to land the finishing blow at some point during the fight. I don't like McGregor at ALL. I really hope Khabib can ragdoll him for the whole fight. But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes, unfortunately gIving that strap back to McGregor and putting the division on hold again while he fights CM Punk, Floyd Mayweather, Brock Lesnar, and Jesus in some Royal Rumble bs.
#ThisIsNumberOneBullshit
So youre saying conor likely only wins in a fake fight with rounds and canvas, but not in street?

Khabib isn't stupid, despite that he's russian. He's not gonna get caught. He's gonna take McGregor down, and keep him there.

UNLESS McGregor knocks him out early. Khabib hasn't been hit with anything even closely resembling McG's left hand.

Who knows how he's gonna take that left hand shot? No one is gonna be able to take it if it lands perfectly clean.
I think that if Floyd could take that left, so will Khabib. And you are wrong. So far except for Aldo (who leaned into the punch), nobody was KO'ed by Conor. He doesn't hit as hard as Stephens f.ex. Conor's left takes people by surprise and they drop down but he doesn't hit that hard. Khabib is tough as fuck and will ragdoll Conor (if Conor ever step in the cage with him).

Your not a great wrestler until you outwrestle another wrestler.

Your not a great grappler until you out grapple another great grappler.

Your not a great striker until you outstrike another great striker.

Conor has proved to be an elite striker by out striking great strikers.

Khabib has shown great potential but thats about it.
Conor has been outstriked by Nate fucking Diaz to the point where he panic wrestle. Please...

If the fight ends in the first round, Conor won by knockout.
If the fight ends in the 2nd to 5th round, or goes to decision, Khabib won by grapplefuck.

Looks like Mendes who's begging for help to me...

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif
You showed exactly 6 seconds of footage in a fight that was on the ground for 3 minutes.

Is TS talking about that same left that was suppose to break through Floyd's guard ?

Here's the thing tho. A fighter needs to have confidence in his ability to stop those takedowns. We all know Khabib has a strong chance of taking down practically everyone at 155. We know it. Conor knows it. A striker whose afraid to get taken down won't throw his hands freely. Does Conor have the same confidence he had when he fought Mendes and Eddie? I highly doubt it.

You showed exactly 6 seconds of footage in a fight that was on the ground for 3 minutes.
What!

You're telling me Chad had 3 minutes to expose Conor crappy ground game all he got for his trouble was a split head and an empty gas tank....

Here's the thing tho. A fighter needs to have confidence in his ability to stop those takedowns. We all know Khabib has a strong chance of taking down practically everyone at 155. We know it. Conor knows it. A striker whose afraid to get taken down won't throw his hands freely. Does Conor have the same confidence he had when he fought Mendes and Eddie? I highly doubt it.
Why wouldn't he?

What!

You're telling me Chad had 3 minutes to expose Conor crappy ground game all he got for his trouble was a split head and an empty gas tank....
Guy. Mini-Mendes passed Conor's guard twice and attempted 3 submissions. Conor looked great on the feet, obviously. He won.
But that fight wasn't a good showing of Conor's ground game.

Why wouldn't he?

Because Eddie does not posse the same take down ability Khabib does? Chad Mendes had good success in his fight with Conor but he gassed out. I am sure you will argue with me about Conor being injured and maybe it was true. But in either case neither guy is on Khabib levels on the ground. In my opinion he won't be as confident knowing how great Khabib is on the ground.

Because Eddie does not posse the same take down ability Khabib does? Chad Mendes had good success in his fight with Conor but he gassed out. I am sure you will argue with me about Conor being injured and maybe it was true. But in either case neither guy is on Khabib levels on the ground. In my opinion he won't be as confident knowing how great Khabib is on the ground.
I would actually say Chad is much better at getting takedowns than Khabib, especially at the type of distance Conor is known to keep, but Khabib is far better at controlling and damaging someone once he has them down, Conor's biggest worry against Khabib will be getting trapped against the fence, coz from that position Khabib has looked unstoppable and will probably be able to get Conor down relatively easily.

I think it's underestimated just how good Conor is at punishing fighters who get into the kind of range Khabib will need to be in to implement his gameplan.

Just look at how well Eddie was able to press Pettis and Melendez against the cage in their fights, and compare it to how badly he was punished every time he got close to grappling range against Conor.....

If Conor can land on Khabib early, which he has been able to do against everyone he's fought, Khabib will become hesitant, it's human nature, and the more hesitant he becomes the more openings Conor will find.

The fight has to happen, there's nothing out their as intriguing.

Oh and Chad did not suddenly gas out, Conor gassed him out...

I think we do if you actually pay attention.

Conor dominated Brandao, Siver & Holloway on the ground.

Did a very good job of staying composed and avoiding a submission against Mendes and got back to his feet a few times.

He also swept Nate in the first fight, the only time he's ever actually not looked good on the mat was when he was both badly rocked and gassed against Nate.
He hit a nice reversal in the Brandao fight. That was hardly a ground domination. There's no reason rewrite history to praise a talented guy.

What!

When has Mendes ever been much of a finisher on the ground? His last submission win was a guillotine in 2010.

He hit a nice reversal in the Brandao fight. That was hardly a ground domination. There's no reason rewrite history to praise a talented guy.
I'm not rewriting history, the fight wasn't on the ground for long, but Conor certainly controlled the ground exchange against a legit black belt, dominated probably isn't the correct word for it, I admit.

When has Mendes ever been much of a finisher on the ground? His last submission win was a guillotine in 2010.
I never said Mendes was a finisher on the ground, he has a good ground game, but he's usually better on the feet than his opponent so rarely needs to take it their, that was not the case with Conor.

My point wasn't that Conor is Ortega off his back, just that if he's such a bum on the mat, why in his 10 UFC fights does the evidence not back that up?

Last edited:
I think we do if you actually pay attention.

Conor dominated Brandao, Siver & Holloway on the ground.

Did a very good job of staying composed and avoiding a submission against Mendes and got back to his feet a few times.

He also swept Nate in the first fight, the only time he's ever actually not looked good on the mat was when he was both badly rocked and gassed against Nate.
On top? He aint gonna be on top of khabib. He wouldnt dare play that game. Conor Off his back,khabib melts through his guard like butter,bashing him,body,head,everywhere,transitioning all the while so conor has no safe space to defend. And talking to him,calling him a chicken,and letting dana get a closer look.So no,we dont know how he will stand up to that. And even if he does,what pep is he gonna have in his punches after getting sodomized ever so profuciously??

Conor got to end fight early,cos khabibs takedowns are inevitable because hes too good and they will come easier the longer it goes.

Khabib is a fantastic fighter. His top control is only rivaled by maybe DC or a prime Cain. He's relentless, and it's nearly impossible to get him off of you once he grabs you. But his style is tailor-made for a classic McGregor knockout. He leans forward, and doesn't move his head nearly enough off of the center line to avoid that big left hand of Mac. Khabib simply won't be able to avoid the KO shot for all 25 minutes. The fight starts on the feet all 5 rounds. With McGregors accuracy, he will surely be able to land the finishing blow at some point during the fight. I don't like McGregor at ALL. I really hope Khabib can ragdoll him for the whole fight. But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes, unfortunately gIving that strap back to McGregor and putting the division on hold again while he fights CM Punk, Floyd Mayweather, Brock Lesnar, and Jesus in some Royal Rumble bs.
#ThisIsNumberOneBullshit

stopped reading at 25 minutes.

conor. 25 minutes. cardio. wrestling. lol.

Back