I think Nunes is going to retire tonight

Those are solid reasons but I think not. Amanda is making good money and neither of them have a job other than fighting.
Also if she does retire, FW is dead on the spot and BW will look a little worse off.

You understand this is her job? Oh, well, there are no challenges so let me turn down money with easy fights I won't have any issues with and take minimal damage????

It is like where is any real world common sense in your post? This isn't a Rocky movie. This is real life with real money and people really got to eat.

Johnsons as far as the eye can see!
What are you talking about? I literally said, unless she needs the money.
I dont know her financial situation, so ofc i cant judge on that.
Suggesting THAT she has made enough money, this would be a great time to step away.

But thanks for telling me this aint no Rocky Movie "Rocco Siffredi" without you i wouldve never known...

I hope not we are so lucky to.be witnessing her run. She will hold the goat mantle for decades im sure of it. She is such an amazing athlete and being one of the first openly gay fighters is a huge step for the gay community in sports. Its really an amazing story im such a huge fan of hers.

Whoa let's chill out. Big fan of hers and all but..

Being the GOAT female fighter usually doesn't equal an amazing athlete which she really isn't. Just like how every GOAT female fighter before her wasn't anything impressive from an athletic standpoint or even a technical standpoint albeit Nunes is one of if not the most athletic female fighters to compete at the highest level of women's mma, that isnt saying much though.

If we can count her wins against quality opponents on one hand then I don't consider them a great. Same reason Cejudo and MM can't ever take the #1 spot as GOAT.

Also I never understood the whole "so brave" openly gay ufc fighter. Gay marriage has been legal for years, gay athletes have been open for years, there were openly gay UFC fighters before she was ever signed, if you're openly gay nobody cares but if you're openly homophobic people will tear you to pieces and rightfully so this isn't the 1980s nobody is brave for being gay anymore in the US barring some rare situations that I can't even think of.

Nunes is a beast, entertaining to watch, but remember how quick Gina wasn't the goat anymore? Remember when ronda wasn't the goat anymore? Remember when Holly wasn't the goat anymore? By the time the next one came around the previous goat was suuuuuuper inferior in the eyes of everyone. Seems like we went through 3 or 4 in a 30 day period lol

What are you talking about? I literally said, unless she needs the money.

Who the fuck doesn't need money? Is she a princess? A trust fund baby? You think mma was just to prove a point? You think the UFC pays her a shit ton of money??? And having money doesn't mean you don't need more money as you buy more extravagant shit.

I've defeated everyone to prove my point....goodnight Springsteen...er I mean Springfield!

Perhaps she will take some time off for kids, but it doesn't make sense for the main breadwinner to quit and the low paid parent to keep working.

I don't think so, she's getting 500,000$ per fight!

Where else she would get that kind of money? Also she's in her primer and on paper with "easier fights". So I don't know...

And in the countdown she has been said that she wanna be considered the best fighter ever. So I guess maybe she wanna beat those title's defenses records

She's about to have a family to support for at least 18 years. She's a poor girl from Brazil, so she doesn't have trust fund money. Retiring right now would be massively retarded. No way she retires tonight.

Hope not, Nunes brings pretty solid fights usually and is fun to watch scrap.

"And Still"

Here are my reasons for thinking so.

1) Her and Nina are about to have their petri dish baby. There's nothing that makes me think the latter wants to retire, so it would make sense for Nunes to be the full-time parent.
2) She's mentioned that her mom really wants her to retire.
3) Barring the very unexpected, she will have defended both of her belts. Thus, she can leave on that high note the way that Cejudo just did.
4) If Felicia does somehow pull off the huge upset, idk how interested Nunes is going to be in regaining the FW strap.
5) There are very few fights left for her in the UFC. I'd love to see the Shevchenko trilogy fight, but neither of them seem desperate to make it happen. Other than that, there's nothing I can forsee besides the winner of Ladd/Mcmann. Lets be real though. Neither of those fights are particularly interesting and they would be afterthoughts when it comes to Nunes's legacy.
#1 is actually a reason not to quit. It's a motivation to earn more money.

Pretty sure Dana said nunes wants to fight at bantamweight next

Whoa let's chill out. Big fan of hers and all but..

Being the GOAT female fighter usually doesn't equal an amazing athlete which she really isn't. Just like how every GOAT female fighter before her wasn't anything impressive from an athletic standpoint or even a technical standpoint albeit Nunes is one of if not the most athletic female fighters to compete at the highest level of women's mma, that isnt saying much though.

If we can count her wins against quality opponents on one hand then I don't consider them a great. Same reason Cejudo and MM can't ever take the #1 spot as GOAT.

Also I never understood the whole "so brave" openly gay ufc fighter. Gay marriage has been legal for years, gay athletes have been open for years, there were openly gay UFC fighters before she was ever signed, if you're openly gay nobody cares but if you're openly homophobic people will tear you to pieces and rightfully so this isn't the 1980s nobody is brave for being gay anymore in the US barring some rare situations that I can't even think of.

Nunes is a beast, entertaining to watch, but remember how quick Gina wasn't the goat anymore? Remember when ronda wasn't the goat anymore? Remember when Holly wasn't the goat anymore? By the time the next one came around the previous goat was suuuuuuper inferior in the eyes of everyone. Seems like we went through 3 or 4 in a 30 day period lol

I couldnt disagree with you more. Nunes is already not just the wmma goat but a top 4 all time goat in the sport along with anderson fedor and bones. Her wins are huge. She has not only defeated every legend in wmma but she desteoyed them aside from val whom.she holds two razor close wins over. Val, Gdr, ronda, holly, cyborg & meisha are literally the onky great wmma fkghters at her weight classes. That resume absolutely destroys gsp, mm and aldo whom are all next in the mix imo.

I like your arguments, and it got me thinking...
She would probably stay if Dana would fucking put a better card around her, so she could make more money.

because Money is the only real reason I see her staying for...

I hope she retires and takes 100 of her WMMA friends with her

Here are my reasons for thinking so.

1) Her and Nina are about to have their petri dish baby. There's nothing that makes me think the latter wants to retire, so it would make sense for Nunes to be the full-time parent.
2) She's mentioned that her mom really wants her to retire.
3) Barring the very unexpected, she will have defended both of her belts. Thus, she can leave on that high note the way that Cejudo just did.
4) If Felicia does somehow pull off the huge upset, idk how interested Nunes is going to be in regaining the FW strap.
5) There are very few fights left for her in the UFC. I'd love to see the Shevchenko trilogy fight, but neither of them seem desperate to make it happen. Other than that, there's nothing I can forsee besides the winner of Ladd/Mcmann. Lets be real though. Neither of those fights are particularly interesting and they would be afterthoughts when it comes to Nunes's legacy.

1. It makes way more sense for Nunes to continue fighting as a champion in two weight classes both of which, especially 145, have weak competition while bringing in likely 10-20x (+) the money per fight that her GF does.

2. Ok

3. For some reason I thought Cejudo did not defend at 135, but right.

4. Doubt it. I'd imagine she would want to avenge the loss

5. Yes but there is $$$. A baby costs $$$. I don't think being a fighter is a job that takes away tons of "time" per se, it's not a 9-5 cubicle monkey job. She could easily bring the baby/kid to the gym with her, not a problem. She might train hard during a camp and around fights, but even the it's not going to be 10-12 hours a day of mandatory service to a company/job, she has freedom.

They could stagger their fights so one can take care of the baby while the other is in camp.

But maybe, I don't hate the theory. I could see it. I just doubt it, too much money to earn on easy ass fights

I hope not, because I actually like to watch her fights.
I think she's in the right place at the right time to establish an unmatchable legacy. She already beaten the whose who of the WMMA and could continue to dominate for years to come.

I couldnt disagree with you more. Nunes is already not just the wmma goat but a top 4 all time goat in the sport along with anderson fedor and bones. Her wins are huge. She has not only defeated every legend in wmma but she desteoyed them aside from val whom.she holds two razor close wins over. Val, Gdr, ronda, holly, cyborg & meisha are literally the onky great wmma fkghters at her weight classes. That resume absolutely destroys gsp, mm and aldo whom are all next in the mix imo.

I absolutely get your argument and Nunes has done just about everything she can to establish her status in WMMA and the sport in general but WMMA is just not developed enough for me to consider what you are saying.

I could be wrong and WMMA has hit its ceiling but I hope I'm not for obvious reasons. I think we will see fighters better than Nunes in not so many years from now and she will pushed down the women's goat list quickly like all the others. Maybe that's just how the sport goes i suppose and its just faster moving in WMMA because of it not being fully developed.

Back