I think it's time to christen Cain's new official nickname :

Me too. I like your picture man. I'm going to see Danzig for my first time this Wednesday.

Glenn Danzig has a glass jaw. He'd never make it in MMA.

Danzig-punch.gif

Sugar Cain Velasquez. I'm surprised no one's tried to give him that nickname. It's more obvious than Ryan "The Master" Bader.

With a name like Cain, you don't need a nickname.

Actually, that is pretty accurate, Cain works fine by itself. When you consider the biblical origins of that name, it actually takes some sort of balls to give your child that name in the first place.

But why not Brazilian Killer if you are gonna give him one at all? And with Werdum as his next defense it sure looks like he's gonna live up to that name.

"The American"

Would not work nearly as well as it did for, say, Rich Franklin (who was known, at least unofficially, as "the American Fighter"). For starters, Cain has, for better or worse, made it clear that he does NOT see or consider himself as an American first and foremost. Or even a Mexican American. Rather, he is a Mexican in America - that is pretty much how he defines himself.

What happened to Cain "pillow fists" Velasquez??

Or how about:

Cain "the brazilian hunter" Velasquez
Cain "the human blanket" Velasquez
"Sticky" Cain Velasquez
Cain "Superglue" Velasquez
"Relentless" Cain Velasquez (With Rogan's voice)
Cain "The pressure" Velasquez

Would not work nearly as well as it did for, say, Rich Franklin (who was known, at least unofficially, as "the American Fighter"). For starters, Cain has, for better or worse, made it clear that he does NOT see or consider himself as an American first and foremost. Or even a Mexican American. Rather, he is a Mexican in America - that is pretty much how he defines himself.

thats exactly why its perfect

Cain "The Brain" Velasquez

Cain "Chest" Velasquez

Cain "The Mexican Pirate" Velasquez

Cain "AKA47" Velasquez

Cain "White Hate" Velasquez

Cain "The Chin" Velasquez

Cain "Soso" Velasquez

Back