I think I figured out the real twist about M Night Shamealot

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I was thinking back to his earlier film, Signs. Guess what? I enjoyed that movie! The set up and the way the plot moved and the constant anticipation and intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed 99% of that movie.

Then his "Twist" happened

<LikeReally5>

I think the real twist is M Night doesn't actually do twists. I think he's a decent writer who paints himself into corners and then shits the bed but peppers it up as "twists"

Seriously, think about the final writing of Signs.

M Night: "Ok ... so at this points the aliens are in the house and .... oh shit how do I end THIS... ummm ummm... how about he falls into a dresser and ... uhhhh derp ... WATER GETS HIM. Fuck it I'm done /film"

Water? Really? Aliens want to take over a planet that's mostly water and they are lethally allergic to it but never determined water bad until that falling into dresser scene?!?!?

I think M Night is just a bad movie ender and not an elite twister. He has great story ideas and concepts but just shits the bed so hard when he tries to wrap it in a bow.

Thoughts?

@MacDuffle back me up

Maybe they were demons? So (holy) water is lethal to them.

Think about it

They came from hell not space, they couldn’t even open doors yet can fly space craft across vast distances?

The daughter is an angel, that scene where Mel states the nurse all gasped and said she is an angel

In Norse Bo or bui means “to live/life”

She also woke up and told her father there was a monster outside of her room and what does she ask for?

Water

They also have hoofs ala monsters and rely on terror like Satan and not some advanced weapons

They also have a last supper lol

But yeah shamalaymyan is lazy I think

I was thinking back to his earlier film, Signs. Guess what? I enjoyed that movie! The set up and the way the plot moved and the constant anticipation and intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed 99% of that movie.

Then his "Twist" happened

<LikeReally5>

I think the real twist is M Night doesn't actually do twists. I think he's a decent writer who paints himself into corners and then shits the bed but peppers it up as "twists"

Seriously, think about the final writing of Signs.

M Night: "Ok ... so at this points the aliens are in the house and .... oh shit how do I end THIS... ummm ummm... how about he falls into a dresser and ... uhhhh derp ... WATER GETS HIM. Fuck it I'm done /film"

Water? Really? Aliens want to take over a planet that's mostly water and they are lethally allergic to it but never determined water bad until that falling into dresser scene?!?!?

I think M Night is just a bad movie ender and not an elite twister. He has great story ideas and concepts but just shits the bed so hard when he tries to wrap it in a bow.

Thoughts?

@MacDuffle back me up
<mma4>

Good work Clippy.

I look forward to your next film analysis.

l@nd0

Maybe they were demons? So (holy) water is lethal to them.

Think about it

They came from hell not space, they couldn’t even open doors yet can fly space craft across vast distances?

The daughter is an angel, that scene where Mel states the nurse all gasped and said she is an angel

In Norse Bo or bui means “to live/life”

She also woke up and told her father there was a monster outside of her room and what does she ask for?

Water

They also have hoofs ala monsters and rely on terror like Satan and not some advanced weapons

They also have a last supper lol

But yeah shamalaymyan is lazy I think

The demon theory is good. Its also old.

The movie is a struggle with regret ( Gibson's wife being crushed and Joaquin with his old baseball stuff)

Gibson is also a former priest. So the idea is that the aliens are demons and the water is holy water.

Swing Away

The demon theory is good. Its also old.

The movie is a struggle with regret ( Gibson's wife being crushed and Joaquin with his old baseball stuff)

Gibson is also a former priest. So the idea is that the aliens are demons and the water is holy water.

Swing Away

I think people are just filling in writing gaps for him

What up Mike
Not much buddy. Not having a very good week :( Oh well though. I'm super fucking ready for winter to be over. It keeps snowing like every 3 days and I'm over it. What's new with you?

Not much buddy. Not having a very good week :( Oh well though. I'm super fucking ready for winter to be over. It keeps snowing like every 3 days and I'm over it. What's new with you?

Sorry buddy I have a head cold

Here everything is ice - I have to strap on spike strips to my boots to walk on the ice - half hour walk - but they don't stay on so I wrap bungee cords on my feet

Pretty good. Just saw The Visit yesterday. That was his movie also? He had to plan that twist.

Sorry buddy I have a head cold

Here everything is ice - I have to strap on spike strips to my boots to walk on the ice - half hour walk - but they don't stay on so I wrap bungee cords on my feet
Well that sounds..... rustic. When it snows the freeway is usually alright...... eventually. But all around my apartment it's just a block of ice. My cars ac is messed up and stuck on permanently too. So lots of nice frigid rides home after ten hours of hauling heavy shit around.

My vertebrae <NotListening>

I've been thinking of getting a hooker, but every time the thought makes me so sad and ashamed I'm not horny anymore.

1152cc3a2754a2d.jpg

Well that sounds..... rustic. When it snows the freeway is usually alright...... eventually. But all around my apartment it's just a block of ice. My cars ac is messed up and stuck on permanently too. So lots of nice frigid rides home after ten hours of hauling heavy shit around.

My vertebrae <NotListening>

My garage flooded for the first time ever cause of crazy sideways rain snow rain snow

I had to build a causeway in my party garage and can't keep the car in it at the moment

so much for not having to scrap the windows :(

I've been thinking of getting a hooker, but every time the thought makes me so sad and ashamed I'm not horny anymore.

1152cc3a2754a2d.jpg

you can set up role plays to bring you further outside of reality

My garage flooded for the first time ever cause of crazy sideways rain snow rain snow

I had to build a causeway in my party garage and can't keep the car in it at the moment

so much for not having to scrap the windows :(
I have the heat cranked the fuck up and I'm still shivering. I thought deserts were hot.

<{vega}>

Nobody told me winter also lasts like 6 months. It's been snowing since fucking november.

:rustled:

I have the heat cranked the fuck up and I'm still shivering. I thought deserts were hot.

<{vega}>

Nobody told me winter also lasts like 6 months. It's been snowing since fucking november.

:rustled:

This has been a particularly harsh early start to winter

I'm cheap so keep heat low and use blankets

And save up for groceries that I can't buy cause the fucking stores are closed

giphy.gif

Back