I Think Daniel Cormier is Most Likely Headlining UFC 230 - (Hints & Clues)

UFC178

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
During the broadcast of UFC 228, the headliner of UFC 230 was hinted at. From what I heard (didn't get to hear it live because of BT Sport), Rogan said something along the lines of "I know something that you guys do not" and he and DC laughed. So right there, DC knows it as well. Aside from that moment alone, there has been a timeline of hints that would imply DC fighting at 230.

#1 - July 30th, 2018. Daniel Cormier confirms that he will be defending the LHW title before the end of the year. (timestamped)

#2 - August 29th, 2018. Max Holloway interviewed on Ufc On Fox. Talks about fighting @ UFC 231, but wants to fight sooner because "Daniel Cormier has some big fights coming up". Only big card sooner than 231 is obviously 230. He said he wants to be on the same timeline as DC. (Timestamped)

#3 - Opponents
Jon Jones' sponsor "The King Has Returned"

Another twitter war.

I'm sure Dana White wants Daniel Cormier to headline MSG to get his popularity up just a bit more before he fights Brock Lesnar early next year.

It would be nice if Mods could add a poll as to who he will be defending against (Gus, Jones, MAYBE Lesnar)

<36>

Did you see how SWOLL DC was last night? You think he's cutting down to LHW? He probably needs to cut to make 265lbs now.

I'm hoping its Jon. Gawd I miss that guy..

DC vs Nate Diaz confirmed. The real HW mega-fight.

It's gonna be Gus. Jonny Bones isn't coming back until 2019

I got my tinfoil hat on too and am buying the theory.

UFC 230 : Comier vs Jones 3 at MSG

It'll be glorious.

Would be cool, but did you see him yesterday? Man looks like the HW champ. Not sure he can make it down to 205 and have a weight cut for a high level opponent by November 3rd. Would be awesome though. Hope DC can do it.

Last edited:
Yeah as a couple of people have already said, dude looked like a good 280 pounds last night.
I honestly don't see how he makes 205 anymore

Yeah as a couple of people have already said, dude looked like a good 280 pounds last night.
I honestly don't see how he makes 205 anymore

Would be cool, but did you see him yesterday? Man looks like the HW fight. Not sure he can make it down to 205 and have a weight cut for a high level opponent by November 3rd. Would be awesome though. Hope DC can do it.

I just don't see who he fights at HW besides Brock Lesnar. Curtis, Francis, Lewis, and Volkov are all booked. Lesnar won't be available until 2019. So, it'd only be Stipe Miocic at HW and they just fought in July. Maybe its a HW fight between DC and Jones

During the broadcast of UFC 228, the headliner of UFC 230 was hinted at. From what I heard (didn't get to hear it live because of BT Sport), Rogan said something along the lines of "I know something that you guys do not" and he and DC laughed. So right there, DC knows it as well. Aside from that moment alone, there has been a timeline of hints that would imply DC fighting at 230.

#1 - July 30th, 2018. Daniel Cormier confirms that he will be defending the LHW title before the end of the year. (timestamped)

#2 - August 29th, 2018. Max Holloway interviewed on Ufc On Fox. Talks about fighting @ UFC 231, but wants to fight sooner because "Daniel Cormier has some big fights coming up". Only big card sooner than 231 is obviously 230. He said he wants to be on the same timeline as DC. (Timestamped)

#3 - Opponents

Another twitter war.

I'm sure Dana White wants Daniel Cormier to headline MSG to get his popularity up just a bit more before he fights Brock Lesnar early next year.

It would be nice if Mods could add a poll as to who he will be defending against (Gus, Jones, MAYBE Lesnar)

Jones won't be fighting at msg
Lesnars suspension doesn't even end till January so he won't be fighting at msg

So your poll will be short of names

#3 - Opponents

Another twitter war.

source.gif

If he could even cut the weight it'd be gus. It's the only realistic option

I honestly dont care about DC at LHW, I wanna see Gus vs Jones II.

#3 - Opponents

Another twitter war.

Hope so

Deep in our hearts we all want Jon Jones to be back

I just don't see who he fights at HW besides Brock Lesnar. Curtis, Francis, Lewis, and Volkov are all booked. Lesnar won't be available until 2019. So, it'd only be Stipe Miocic at HW and they just fought in July. Maybe its a HW fight between DC and Jones

I'm with you bro, I think that just means DC won't be at this event? HW or LHW. I'm thinking Tyrone or Nick Diaz, or them against each other finally. Tyrone been asking for that maybe he can get his money fight now. And it would work out for the company and fans imo.

Back