I still say that Nate Diaz being forced to keep fighting when he was trying to quit against Tony Ferguson is...

kuroro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...one of the most blatant examples of corrupt officiating in MMA history. Is there a comparable incident that I'm forgetting? I remember Helwani losing his shit over that coach trying to not let his rookie fighter quit on the stool, but when a literal referee forces a fighter to fight against their will? Nothing. And please don't pump that line of bs about "Diaz bros gamesmanship." Show me a time when they literally looked at the referee, shook their head, said no, and put their hands on the cage waiting for the ref to end the fight. That was not gamesmanship, that was a retired fighter way too rich to eat another brutal leg kick from Tony Ferguson. He quit like a motherfucker.

They're contracted to fight. Refs job is to keep action going too and refs have even called timeouts to tell fighters to engage more. Dumb thread is dumb

...one of the most blatant examples of corrupt officiating in MMA history. Is there a comparable incident that I'm forgetting? I remember Helwani losing his shit over that coach trying to not let his rookie fighter quit on the stool, but when a literal referee forces a fighter to fight against their will? Nothing. And please don't pump that line of bs about "Diaz bros gamesmanship." Show me a time when they literally looked at the referee, shook their head, said no, and put their hands on the cage waiting for the ref to end the fight. That was not gamesmanship, that was a retired fighter way too rich to eat another brutal leg kick from Tony Ferguson. He quit like a motherfucker.
What are you yapping about

Might as well delete this thread by now. I’m embarrassed for you.

So a T-ferg leg-kick was the ultimate deciding factor here Im a bit confused?

Oh great, this stupid shit again.

Don't know why they clowning OP, he's right.

I thought he quit, but the ref thought he was just being Nate and didn't stop the fight, so Nate kind of snapped out of it and decided he'd keep fighting. Nobody is forced to fight, he could just tap on the mat, or say clearly that he's done, or literally jump out of the cage, you can't say he was forced against his will

Back