I still can't believe Overeem knocked out JDS

I can.

Any person with any sort of logic, knew that would happen.

Only idiots thought JDS would win and REEM was dodging him.

xTk9ZJ7HKC2SYuAZ1e.gif

I'm trying to calculate how many times I'd die if I ate that exact shot. I'm hovering around 2 to 3 deaths I think

Tough but the simple truth is that Overeem is just a better striker.

JDS chose to compete with a world-champion kickboxer with pure striking -- typical of JDS. Just a bad strategy for him. Overeem is a terrible match for him. Overeem didn't need to worry about the ground game and fell back to his comfort zone, and make no mistake striking is his comfort zone.

Reem is a much more superior grappler. If his chin was better he would be unstoppable.

And that was by far JDS worst performance in his career.

Overeem has a 91% finishing rate and he's by far the best striker JDS has fought(Cro Cop was old and had over 100 fights and was still tagging JDS with his left), you shouldn't be suprised that Overeem finished JDS with strikes.

It was JDS actually fighting an opponent with good movement and countering ability.

Yeah, people don't like giving credit to Overeem for making JDS look bad, they just say oh JDS looked tentative as if Overeem wasn't the reason for that. JDS was tentative because he was worried about the counter and in the fight he got frustrated and charged Overeem and he got countered with a left hook and finished.

I think that fight was more of a brilliant performance by Overeem then anything else.

Nah overeem is one of the best strikers period. His problem is not being able to take a punch. If he could he would've been undefeated in the UFC right now.

he was literally standing back up and seemingly recovered at the moment the fight was stopped. I know jds doesnt need to take any extra punishment but he should have gotten a chance to recover.

JDS was on his hands and knees not intellegently defending himself when the fight was stopped, he didn't make any move to get up till the fight was already stopped.

UFC worshipers just got another wake up call (they have had a million already) that their gods were never the best. Cain and JDS were destroyed by Werdum and Overeem, two guys who a few years ago ufc only fans were saying weren't as good as the ufc top guys. Cain and JDS reigned in the ufc for 1 reason, they were the only two decent guys around and just kept fighting each other. When other HWs were introduced from Strikeforce and other companies, they lose, badly.
Gif of JDS knocking Werdum silly anyone?

Brutal. He was already knocked out cold before the knee.

Yup. The initial left stunned him and dropped the hands and the follow up right sealed the deal. The rest was purely academic.

He was no longer Uber like he was for all those accomplishments.

That was part of the problem IMHO, being Uber didn't really suit him in terms of MMA striking. In K-1 he could hide behind the gloves and stalk people down slowly but in MMA he needed to be mobile considering neither his chin or his ability to slip punches is that amazing plus needed better cardio.

Overeem never knocks out people with punches in MMA
JDS never gets knocked out
Overeem always gets knocked out
JDS always knocks out his opponents

I mean all JDS had to do is touch his chin

Interesting stereotypes.

If overeem always got knocked out, he wouldn't be ranked, genius.

If jds always won by ko, Cain wouldn't have beaten him twice

I used to think JDS was a horrible matchup for Overeem, but then after JDS showcased how weak he can be in the clinch/against the cage, I actually started to favor Overeem more and more. That being said, still didn't think it would end the way it would. Fucking weird fight.

Shitty stoppage too though tbh

I always knew Reem could beat JDS, but I thought the way he'd do it would be by pinning him up against the cage and kneeing him to death. Never imagined he'd win in the center of the cage, where JDS typically shines.

Back