I say if a fighter covers everything but the back of his head

FrodoFraggins

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Then the back of his head should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent head shots and it's gotten ridiculous.

Also, if you throw a punch at the side of their head and they turn their head mid punch so that you hit the back of it, you should not be penalized or even warned.

If someone holds both of your wrists, head-butts should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent being punched and it's gotten ridiculous.

Blocking strikes of any kind should be illegal. Too many fighters are using this "strategy" to avoid getting hit and it has gotten ridiculous.

If someone holds both of your wrists, head-butts should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent being punched and it's gotten ridiculous.

Good point, also if a fighter is blocking too many strikes, nutshots should be allowed, too many fighters leave an opening there and its gotten to be rediculous

Also, if you throw a punch at the side of their head and they turn their head mid punch so that you hit the back of it, you should not be penalized or even warned.

I think that's the official rule. If you turn the back of your head to a strike, the ref is not supposed to do anything.

I could be wrong, some other nerd will google it.

if someone is trying to dangle their fingertips in front of your eyes to make it look like an accidental eye poke, kicking them in the nuts should be fair game.

Then the back of his head should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent head shots and it's gotten ridiculous.

[YT]F0xOYaVXMoQ[/YT]

@4:30

That's how it's usually enforced as is esp. when a fighter has a fighter hurt.

BUT if you then land 1-2 more to the back of the head after the one incidental blow while the fighter isn't moving then you're in the wrong.

If they turtle up like that, knee the shit out of their ribs. It's how GSP stopped Serra in the rematch. Really I have no idea why that isn't used more often. I've seen so many fights that could have been stopped if they'd done that.

Turtling for more than 5 seconds should be viewed as a tap. Fight is done.

Blocking strikes of any kind should be illegal. Too many fighters are using this "strategy" to avoid getting hit and it has gotten ridiculous.

Exactly.

Also, Eye pokes should definitely be legal. Too many fighters aren't doing proper eye poke-hand defense and letting people poke them in the eyes; it has gotten ridiculous

9ZVhqp7.jpg

Reigning-UFC-Champ-Jon-Jones-Goes-Off-on-Twitter-908-8.jpg

If they turtle up like that, knee the shit out of their ribs. It's how GSP stopped Serra in the rematch. Really I have no idea why that isn't used more often. I've seen so many fights that could have been stopped if they'd done that.

Yeah, it is such a vicious attack. It really should be used more.

If they turn into it you are not penalized or warned. The rest .. no.

If someone covers everything but their balls, groin kicks should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent being kicked in the gonads and it's gotten ridiculous.

If someone covers everything but their eyes, poking should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent being stabbed in the eye and it's gotten ridiculous.

If someone covers everything but their mouth, fish hooks should be fair game. Too many fighters use this to prevent being hooked in the mouth and it's gotten ridiculous.

Idiot thread

Anyone else notice that back in the day, back of the head shots were of the norm?
Look at BJ vs Gomi. Everytime BJ has full back mount... he's releasing a barrage of punches directly to the back of Gomi's head. One of the most brutal fights I've ever seen. Might watch it again tonight!

All strikes that are deemed subjectively "illegal" should be legal

Sick of how MMA is becoming "watered down"

Back