i read Jones said "all Anderson needs to do is win for super fight"

Combatjunkie33

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is this a fight that you would really like to see? i mean with Jones size, skills, and fight IQ i think he beats Silva handily. Id rather see GSP fight Silva. Imo its more of a intriguing fight. Also on that note, Kinda feel like Jones is looking past Gus a little bit. Even though i don't think Gus has much of a chance at beating Jones anyway but if Jones is looking past him it only helps Gus.

Only if Anderson finishes Weidman convincingly

Why the hell not?? I think it would be a competitive fight regardless how good Jones is. I mean Belfort was able to make it 4 rounds with Jon....and the greatest fighters of the past 8 years can't???

Regardless of the odds, size, Jones dominance etc.....there has been so much talk of superfights....Anderon/GSP....Anderson/Jones.....Jones at HW.....Pettis/Aldo.

Just let us see a god dam super fight between 2 champs and get it over with.

Anderson shit on any thoughts of a super fight. Super fights won't happen.

Why the hell not?? I think it would be a competitive fight regardless how good Jones is. I mean Belfort was able to make it 4 rounds with Jon....and the greatest fighters of the past 8 years can't???

Regardless of the odds, size, Jones dominance etc.....there has been so much talk of superfights....Anderon/GSP....Anderson/Jones.....Jones at HW.....Pettis/Aldo.

Just let us see a god dam super fight between 2 champs and get it over with.

Competitive?

You mean one-sided.

Imagine Anderson coming out, hands in a typical boxer pose then starting to bob and weave. He leans forward for a jab and Jones comes in with his long paws and clips AS. As tries to lean back and dodge a few but can't due to Jones' reach. AS tries to come forward and ends up getting grappled to the ground with virtually NO WAY back up to his feet. He'll be overpowered worse than Chael was. He could just get elbowed or punched out cold. Anderson has zero chance in this fight. Competitive my ass.

Last edited:
Anderson shit on any thoughts of a super fight. Super fights won't happen.

Funny GSP was defeated by Serra then regained his belt but it's still considered super if he fought Anderson.

If Anderson gets his belt back, a fight between Jones and Anderson would still be super. Especially if Anderson makes a mockery of Weidman's whole career in the rematch.

Funny GSP was defeated by Serra then regained his belt but it's still considered super if he fought Anderson.

If Anderson gets his belt back, a fight between Jones and Anderson would still be super. Especially if Anderson makes a mockery of Weidman's whole career in the rematch.

There was no talk of GSP being in superfights before he lost to Serra

There was no talk of GSP being in superfights before he lost to Serra

Yet the blemish is still there. Anderson's blot is fresher so people think a super fight is gone forever. No, it's still there as long as both are still competitive.

if anderson whoops weidman in this second fight it will prove that the first fight was just a fluke ala matt serra and the world will be right again

Competitive?

You mean one-sided.

Imagine Anderson coming out, hands in a typical boxer pose then starting to bob and weave. He leans forward for a jab and Jones comes in with his long paws and clips AS. As tries to lean back and dodge a few but can't due to Jones' reach. AS tries to come forward and ends up getting grappled to the ground with virtually NO WAY back up to his feet. He'll be overpowered worse than Chael was. He could just get elbowed or punched out cold. Anderson has zero chance in this fight. Competitive my ass.

Imagine Anderson catching Jones the way Machida or Rashad did....square on the jaw and knocking his lanky ass out.

Go away.

If Jones is so amazing why is he looking down the ladder for a super fight not up? Silva already lost to Weidman whether you believe it was a fluke or not it happened. Jones has such a size advantage, he should be looking to Cain not Silva.

I honestly for some odd reason rather see weidman vs jones but hell aldo vs pettis is a nice super fight, silva is almost 40, and if he wins sure im down for silva vs jones

Regardless of what Jones says, he don't want no part of HW. People that think he would beat JDS or Cain are delusional. Gonna be hard to keep HWs at range even with the length. They'll walk through his strikes. His wrestling will not be effective in the same way at all in HW.

He could become the greatest LHW ever. He's going to have to beat more prime elite LHWs first, but it could happen. He won't be anything special in HW. Would be very surprised if he would even be 3rd behind Cain and JDS. I see him having a lot of trouble with HWs.

anyone who doesnt want to see anderson v bones....i just dont get them. whats wrong with you?!

id love to also see

Anderson v GSP
Aldo v Pettis
Bones v Cain/JDS winner
Pettis v GSP

i just want to see super fights dammit! fuck the rankings and whether fights make sense

Silva/Bones doesn't really interest me, and never really has. I really don't see it being all that competitive. Jon Jones has a massive size advantage over him and he excels where Anderson is weak: wrestling.

he avenged his loss and beat a long list of high level fighters which sealed his loss to Serra as a fluke.

superfights are dumb

plus, people are sleeping on Weidman

Anderson said he's not interested. Why is that too hard to comprehend?

Back