• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"I promise to hurt guys (this time), and finish fights." - GSP

Imagine losing to Bisping after ducking Anderson all these years.

First of all, he never ducked Anderson. You can't duck an elite fighter a weight class higher than you. That isn't what ducking is.

Secondly, I consider Bisping the favorite in this fight. He's much bigger, damned tough with insane cardio, and most importantly GSP hasn't looked the same since his knee surgeries. He definitely has lost a step.

First of all, he never ducked Anderson. You can't duck an elite fighter a weight class higher than you. That isn't what ducking is.

Secondly, I consider Bisping the favorite in this fight. He's much bigger, damned tough with insane cardio, and most importantly GSP hasn't looked the same since his knee surgeries. He definitely has lost a step.

So you're admitting Bisping isn't elite AND that he is still favored over GSP at MW?

That doesn't say a whole lot about GSP.

I actually have GSP winning this fight; but that says more about his risk-averse history and the fact that he actually took this fight over the idea that he will actually finish the fight.

So you're admitting Bisping isn't elite AND that he is still favored over GSP at MW?

That doesn't say a whole lot about GSP.

I actually have GSP winning this fight; but that says more about his risk-averse history and the fact that he actually took this fight over the idea that he will actually finish the fight.

Bisping isn't Anderson in his prime. You know the difference, right?

BJ Penn, the best LW of his day, came up to WW to fight GSP and was almost beaten to death. BJ was so heavily concussed he was tasting copper for weeks, those were his words. It wasn't a fight, it was a massacre.

That's what happens when you move up a weight class and fight the very best guy in that weight class, a guy who is one of the best fighters of all time.

Bisping isn't one of those guys. He's going to be a really tough fight, but he isn't one of the best of the best, like GSP and Anderson were.

I think GSP before the knee surgeries handles Bisping, but now, I have no idea. GSP hasn't been himself.

Being a huge St Pierre fan I am worried about this fight. Just hope his time hasn't passed him by. This is going to be an interesting return.

Bisping isn't Anderson in his prime. You know the difference, right?

BJ Penn, the best LW of his day, came up to WW to fight GSP and was almost beaten to death. BJ was so heavily concussed he was tasting copper for weeks, those were his words. It wasn't a fight, it was a massacre.

That's what happens when you move up a weight class and fight the very best guy in that weight class, a guy who is one of the best fighters of all time.

Bisping isn't one of those guys. He's going to be a really tough fight, but he isn't one of the best of the best, like GSP and Anderson were.

I think GSP before the knee surgeries handles Bisping, but now, I have no idea. GSP hasn't been himself.

True that there are a lot of questions about ring rust and the like; however this is GSP we are talking about here.

He doesn't accept a fight unless he's either forced to or is 99.9999% certain the fight is winnable.

And no one is forcing him into this fight. If he caved into pressure, we would have seen an Anderson fight years ago.

I know. The fact he even has to come out and say this is sad.
Why is it "sad" that he says he wants to go for a finish/ break bones etc? He freely admits he wasn't before but now he wants to.

Let's see what he does vs bisping before we jump to a conclusion

He said the same thing before he retired. Don't blink. Bisping is gonna smash him and then he is gonna retire again. One just don't gain killer instinct. You either have it or you don't. Look at Jones. Hurts Cormier and goes balls to the wall to put him out. He has killer instinct.

GSP had killer instinct at the start of his career, then started playing safe.

Jones definitely had it at the beginning, then he had 4 decisions in a row. First fight back he destroys one of the best LHWs ever.

True that there are a lot of questions about ring rust and the like; however this is GSP we are talking about here.

He doesn't accept a fight unless he's either forced to or is 99.9999% certain the fight is winnable.

And no one is forcing him into this fight. If he caved into pressure, we would have seen an Anderson fight years ago.

Why are you so hung up on GSP fighting Anderson?

Why not talk about Anderson not fighting Jones, or Jones not fighting Cain?

Why are you so hung up on GSP fighting Anderson?

Why not talk about Anderson not fighting Jones, or Jones not fighting Cain?

That argument is about as diversionary as it comes.

When GSP and Anderson ruled their divisions, they both had quite a number of defenses under their belts and the fans clamored for it.

Never at any moment were Jones or Cain established as GOAT's at the time in conjunction with fan demand that an Anderson/Bones or Bones/Cain fight would have been super fights.

These imaginary mega fights were only concocted as pseudo-arguments to allegedly absolve GSP of ducking Anderson. And not very good arguments, at that.

Easy LnP victory for GSP here. I don't buy into his Mayweather type rhetoric at all

Somewhere right now Josh Koscheck is still nursing his face and NOT wondering why GSP did not try to finish him.

“I’ve trained a lot of things,” St-Pierre said. “I’m gonna be more there to hurt guys and to go for the finish. To submit, to break. To go for the break. To go for the knockout or go for the break if i have a submission.
<YeahOKJen>

I've said tin over and over, he was bored and you can tell hopefully this break and his desire to get a new belt brings the old killer back.

Back