Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Rodriguez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Minnja

Touch-Butt white belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Korean Zombie is attending UFC298 and presumably invited by the UFC. I don't see any Korean fighters on the card so he is not cornering anyone.

The UFC has posted this picture (someone please help with embedding lol):

I've seen other UFC/MMA social media outlets posting pictures of KZ with his former adversaries at the event. I don't really remember KZ getting this much attention outside of when he actually has a fight lined up.

Korean Zombie has fought many of the upcoming headliners and featured fights. Volkanovski, Holloway, Poirier, Rodriguez... all involved in either main events, co-main events or big fights in the next few months. Frankie Edgar recently was inducted into the HOF Modern Wing era, and he was also an opponent of Korean Zombie. Korean Zombie retired only about 6 months ago and is relatively fresh in people's minds. His retirement was one of the most memorable ones we've seen in the UFC.

Frankie being inducted into the Modern Wing kind of throws a wrench into my theory but also I think it might make more sense to induct KZ as part of the fight wing instead. KZ is one of those guys that never became champion but still had a very good career on top of having a legacy that goes beyond just his record.

Personally, I think KZ v. Poirier should go into the Fight Wing HOF. But I can see them either wanting to put the Rodriguez fight (Mexican + dramatic ending + he's headlining soon) or Garcia fight.

So yeah, I have a feeling it;s gonna happen. Flame away

img_1025.jpg

Sadly i dont think he's achieved enough to be inducted as a fighter.
The only fight it can possibly be is that Garcia fight.

Sadly i dont think he's achieved enough to be inducted as a fighter.
The only fight it can possibly be is that Garcia fight.

I don't think they induct WEC fights, do they?

He's very ,very close. He was and still is a pretty big star and was huge name in Korean MMA for sure.
His legend surpasses his record

Last edited:
KZ is an absolute legend but he constantly fell short when it mattered. I wouldn’t be against him being inducted into the HOF what so ever but also wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he never was

Will still miss those epic walkouts and fights he put on and I’ve rewatched his retirement fight walk out multiple times

He's very ,very close. He was and still is a pretty big star and was huge name in Korean MMA for sure.
His legend surpasses his record

Yeah, he is one of those cases where just looking at his record it's easy to say he shouldn't be in. But In think context, impact and legacy as a whole matter much more than just record.

Yeah, he is one of those cases where just looking at his record it's easy to say he shouldn't be in. But In think context, impact and legacy as a whole matter much more than just record.
KZ has main evented his last 10 fights in the UFC starting with beating Poirier in 2012. For a guy who has never held a title in the UFC, surely that's a record.

No. Not a champion and the only record he holds is the fastest division finish. Not exactly with of being immortalized.

KZ has main evented his last 10 fights in the UFC starting with beating Poirier in 2012. For a guy who has never held a title in the UFC, surely that's a record.

Yes, I should have been more specific by record i meant purely his wins/losses and championship status. First twister in UFC history, multiple FOTY contenders/winners. Almost 100% finish rate in his wins. Major figure in Korean MMA etc

KZ was solid but he sadly sat out a chunk of his career and never realized what he was looking for. KZ/Garcia rightfully was recognized as one of the best fights, but if he gets put inside, then you can have guys like Hunt or Bigfoot in HoF.

If there would be a Zuffa HOF he's surely in it

He has a few fights that will probably make the fight wing.

Korean Zombie is attending UFC298 and presumably invited by the UFC. I don't see any Korean fighters on the card so he is not cornering anyone.

The UFC has posted this picture (someone please help with embedding lol):

I've seen other UFC/MMA social media outlets posting pictures of KZ with his former adversaries at the event. I don't really remember KZ getting this much attention outside of when he actually has a fight lined up.

Korean Zombie has fought many of the upcoming headliners and featured fights. Volkanovski, Holloway, Poirier, Rodriguez... all involved in either main events, co-main events or big fights in the next few months. Frankie Edgar recently was inducted into the HOF Modern Wing era, and he was also an opponent of Korean Zombie. Korean Zombie retired only about 6 months ago and is relatively fresh in people's minds. His retirement was one of the most memorable ones we've seen in the UFC.

Frankie being inducted into the Modern Wing kind of throws a wrench into my theory but also I think it might make more sense to induct KZ as part of the fight wing instead. KZ is one of those guys that never became champion but still had a very good career on top of having a legacy that goes beyond just his record.

Personally, I think KZ v. Poirier should go into the Fight Wing HOF. But I can see them either wanting to put the Rodriguez fight (Mexican + dramatic ending + he's headlining soon) or Garcia fight.

So yeah, I have a feeling it;s gonna happen. Flame away

img_1025.jpg
If it happens you can ask me anything. Anything. I'll do my best.

Back